KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it better then Black Flag? (My personal favorite and opinion of best AC.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm installing the first KOTOR plus mods that give you more force powers.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:51 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tomorrow I'll be starting Fallout New Vegas. Any tip to enjoy it the most?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:52 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're playing on PC look into the modding community. Look up essential mods for the PC version.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:03 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I tried to play Prey a couple days ago but really couldn't get into it. Apparently, people are comparing it to BioShock, and I also couldn't get into that game. I guess this is the price I pay for not doing much research, lol.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:52 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
If you're playing on PC look into the modding community. Look up essential mods for the PC version.
I'll surely do that when I finish the vanilla game + dlc. How good was it in your experience?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:09 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm

I think.

However, it's tough to say because it's different enough that you might not like it. I loved Black Flag but that was mostly the sailing aspect about it. Other parts were fun as well but if it wasn't the sailing, I'm not sure if I would enjoy it as much.

Origins isn't about collectibles, a ton of crafting or ticking off boxes. It's about doing side quests (where are plentiful and involved), getting gear drops and a little ticking of boxes. But the gameplay side is much better. You can actually take down an entire base of peeps using multiple different methods without resolving to using the berserk dart all the time. Climbing is still integral to the experience but it's not about climbing tall structures but using it to play around with the mechanics of the stealth system.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:12 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I tried to play Prey a couple days ago but really couldn't get into it. Apparently, people are comparing it to BioShock, and I also couldn't get into that game. I guess this is the price I pay for not doing much research, lol.

Same here. Even the best old System Shocks never did it for me, the same way Doom or Duke Nukem 3D did.

I guess I just want to blow shite up, and not spend so much time fiddling with upgrades or stats..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'll surely do that when I finish the vanilla game + dlc. How good was it in your experience?

A pretty solid game, better than Fallout 3 IMO.

Though before you play even the vanilla version I would recommend at least considering one mod to install: the unofficial patch. It fixes bugs none of the official patches do.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 08:59 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Played Wolfenstein 2 recently. Was a very very good game. One of the better single player shooters I've played in a long time. Was very refreshing to see a FPS game whose sole focus was single player.

Also playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Halo 5, and Forza 7.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 09:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I just finished Dishonored 2. Man, what a fantastically terrible ending to a great game. Really soured the whole experience.

Not sure if I'll get to Death of the Outsider any time soon. I may play some System Shock or Sexy Brutale to refresh.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 11:37 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got System Shock 2 on steam.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 11:41 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got it free on Gog several years back.

Check out the widescreen and texture packs.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:53 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I finally finished a true pacifist route in Undertale. Only took three years.

Because of a self imposed limitation against armor swaps, or healing items. Turns out as much as I love shmups, I am really, really bad at hard games. Really bad.

But the ending was great, the story had a neat retro vibe to it, and the gameplay was a creative spin on the shooter formula, and the characters are pretty danged memorable. Think I actually grew attached to Papyrus, who reminds me of a nicer Skeletor.

I look forward to killing him. Genocide, here I come..

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 12:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, I'm really enjoying AC: Origins game. The combat mechanics (stealth, melee, bow) are strong and the world you inhibit is equally as good. The graphics are stellar when played with HDR and 4K. Overall, fantastic game. I personally believe it's a better game than Zelda.

Can't say I'd rate it that highly, as I feel like it still has some of the same issues that I had with earlier games, but it's enjoyable enough so far. Better than Syndicate for sure.

Originally posted by cdtm

Haven't finished Origins yet, but I can already see it does some things better. Combat for example, and the options that come with it.

I think.

However, it's tough to say because it's different enough that you might not like it. I loved Black Flag but that was mostly the sailing aspect about it. Other parts were fun as well but if it wasn't the sailing, I'm not sure if I would enjoy it as much.

Origins isn't about collectibles, a ton of crafting or ticking off boxes. It's about doing side quests (where are plentiful and involved), getting gear drops and a little ticking of boxes. But the gameplay side is much better. You can actually take down an entire base of peeps using multiple different methods without resolving to using the berserk dart all the time. Climbing is still integral to the experience but it's not about climbing tall structures but using it to play around with the mechanics of the stealth system.

TBH, It actually annoys me that they took out the Berserk darts. Add new stuff, sure, but not at the expense of other stuff.

The stealth is better though, yeah. Things like the variety of bows too. And I like how basically everything is climbable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to Witcher 3 combat.

Which I haven't played, either. But I do like Witcher 2's combat, so if ACO plays somewhat like that, it's a good thing imo

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
Can't say I'd rate it that highly, as I feel like it still has some of the same issues that I had with earlier games, but it's enjoyable enough so far. Better than Syndicate for sure.

Haven't finished Origins yet, but I can already see it does some things better. Combat for example, and the options that come with it.

TBH, It actually annoys me that they took out the Berserk darts. Add new stuff, sure, but not at the expense of other stuff.

The stealth is better though, yeah. Things like the variety of bows too. And I like how basically everything is climbable.

I believe Zelda has major problems within it's game and if it wasn't a Zelda game, it would not be highly rated as such.

You can still berserk people. It's just has to be done close. Those darts were way overpowered and were used as a crutch in the previous games.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:49 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I believe Zelda has major problems within it's game and if it wasn't a Zelda game, it would not be highly rated as such.

You can still berserk people. It's just has to be done close. Those darts were way overpowered and were used as a crutch in the previous games.

I don't play Zelda so I wouldn't know.

Yeah I unlocked that. It's not bad, but I still miss the darts. I'd just like the option of the darts, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 05:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Rise of the tomb raider x one

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:38 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't play Zelda so I wouldn't know.

Yeah I unlocked that. It's not bad, but I still miss the darts. I'd just like the option of the darts, tbh.

True, they were pretty darn cool.

I do like the poison darts and how they work. I also like how you can poison bodies as proximity mines....

And those little tidbits while waiting for the game to load, there is one that basically says, "put a dead guy on a horse, and then poison him and then run the horse into the camp".

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:22 PM