KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 412 413 [414] 415 416 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The no limits fallacy dickriding for Black has gotten old tbh.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Yea seriously. Black would not have needed to merge if he was that great.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:50 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

New spoilers have come out stating that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vegeta "doesn't even put up a decent fight against Jiren." So he's still below Hit. Also, 17 uses his whole body to paralyze Toppo, and tells Gohan to take him and Toppo out together. Gohan hesitates and loses the opportunity to do so. I bet 17 gets knocked out here.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 07:52 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He got merked by Vegeta and Goku. Black is nothing to Jiren. Also, it appears Goku have that "get stronger while you fight" thing going on and he still isn't on Jiren level. Black would get one punch killed.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
> "Black would surpass Jiren"

> Current Blue Goku has far surpassed Black as of the Black Arc

> Current Goku can go KKx20

> Current SSJB Goku KKx20 with a spirit bomb that is as powerful as SSJ Kefla gets glared away by a heavily suppressed Jiren

Yeah, no, Jiren would handle Black like he handled Maji Kayo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBV21a4mlY/t=139s

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The no limits fallacy dickriding for Black has gotten old tbh.

I love you guys.

Last edited by Inedian on Dec 28th, 2017 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 08:17 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
New spoilers have come out stating that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vegeta "doesn't even put up a decent fight against Jiren." So he's still below Hit. Also, 17 uses his whole body to paralyze Toppo, and tells Gohan to take him and Toppo out together. Gohan hesitates and loses the opportunity to do so. I bet 17 gets knocked out here.

Not sure what to think about that....[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 17 really shouldnt be able to paralyze Toppo...imo

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 09:34 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I suspect that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: 17 is going absolute balls to the wall, and Toppo is heavily suppressed or something. Based on the episode 125 title that seems to be the case.

BTW, Dope sig and profile pic. Should add a quote. smile

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 09:46 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Alright, now I'm confused. Apparently [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there's a different set of spoilers saying, "Regardless of putting up a good fight, Vegeta still loses to Jiren." Based on that and the preview, I can only assume that this is the correct spoiler.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:13 PM
Estacado
Legendary

By puting up a fight they will mean he will land few blows on Jiren without any effect....I guess...

Hit still almost knocked Jiren of the arena with 1 strike even if it did no damage. stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:15 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Estacado
By puting up a fight they will mean he will land few blows on Jiren without any effect....I guess...

Hit still almost knocked Jiren of the arena with 1 strike even if it did no damage. stick out tongue

Goku knocked Jiren across the arena, before using Kaioken.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Goku knocked him back and was continously attacking him he still didnt push him back much tho....it doesnt matter since neither did damage but if you want to have a contest between who was closer to knocking Jiren of the stage...the answer is obvious...Imo..

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:48 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vegeta utterly fails again.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 05:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Back on the mystic powerup for Goku.

I don't think he'd do it. His whole thing is reaching the heights of his strength with his own effort. You saw how disappointed he was at the conditions to unlock SSJ God.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 10:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He'll do it under the 'right' circumstances. For example, when OldKai brought up the possibility of unlocking Goku's abilities prior to the ToP, Goku was all for it(as was Beerus.) The ONLY reason OldKai didn't proceed with the unlock is because there simply wasn't enough time -- the ritual takes ~25hrs to complete, and there was only like 12hrs before the ToP started. Had there been enough time, however, we would have undoubtedly seen 'Mystic' Goku enter the Tourney, imo.

Normally, though, I agree... Goku's all about reaching new peaks on his own. That's why he was bummed out after originally becoming SSG -- it was a level he didn't achieve on his own. That said, Goku was still willing to undergo the SSG ritual in the first place, because the alternative was Beerus destroying the earth, along with all of his friends/family.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:53 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
He'll do it under the 'right' circumstances. For example, when OldKai brought up the possibility of unlocking Goku's abilities prior to the ToP, Goku was all for it(as was Beerus.) The ONLY reason OldKai didn't proceed with the unlock is because there simply wasn't enough time -- the ritual takes ~25hrs to complete, and there was only like 12hrs before the ToP started.

Which is bullshit, because they had the RoSAT.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:35 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Really easy solution that could fix everything from a writing standpoint :

1: Piccolo and Gohan are already using the RoSat to train in and have locked the door behind them. Dende has since modified the chamber's 2 day per lifetime restriction (hence Goku and Vegeta training inside the chamber for three days prior to the U6 tournament)., but the Cell arc's 2 man restriction is once again imposed in order to compensate for the change.

2. It was initially discussed that Old Kai use his powers on Goku, but Beerus decides it's better off being used on the humans to better balance the overall team. As such, Old Kai uses his technique on Roshi, Krillin and Tien. It turns out that he has perfected his technique since the Buu saga (wanting to be prepared in case there is ever another universal threat) , thus requires only 15 hours per person and with even better results. To avoid making this too convenient, we'll throw in the drawback of your lifespan being shaved by 20 years.

With this, human gains now make sense, Gohan and Piccolo's gains now make sense and we don't have to question why Old Kai doesn't unlock Goku's hidden potential.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:09 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Goku's all about reaching new peaks on his own. That's why he was bummed out after originally becoming SSG -- it was a level he didn't achieve on his own.

I thought that was only in the movie version of BotG? In the DBS arc version, from what I remember, he was just happy and excited to have that new power regardless of how.

If I am remembering right, then I hate that they retconned that. Being bummed about the conditions to unlock SSJG made sense for Goku's character, rather than wanting to have things handed to him, but since he was more recently open to the Elder Kai ritual power-up thing, screw that I guess.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 09:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another thing, still not totally certain if the Old Kia could do anything for Gohan,

I mean, he supposedly already unlocked his full potential. How many times should he be able to do that? Because, if the answer is "as many times as he wants", the the humans should spend all day, every day getting boosted, as they're the ones that need it most.

But assuming Gohan had some more potential, for some reason, whether it can unlock UI depends on what the spirit bomb actually did to Goku. Yes, it unlocked his potential deep within, but was that because it boosts his power? Or was it because he was gonna die, and a near death experience is the only way to unlock the power?

The latter is supported by the fact that, so far, Goku has never used it at will yet. In both cases, he was pretty much screwed, making it look like It's an extreme survival mechanism at this point, which strength training would not unlock (Nor, in theory, a normal "potential unlock", which typically merely raises fighting power..)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 01:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
True, although the gains Goku would see by allowing OldKai to unlock his potential are likely FAR beyond the gains he could ever see by training in the RoSaT nowadays. /shrug

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I thought that was only in the movie version of BotG? In the DBS arc version, from what I remember, he was just happy and excited to have that new power regardless of how.

If I am remembering right, then I hate that they retconned that. Being bummed about the conditions to unlock SSJG made sense for Goku's character, rather than wanting to have things handed to him, but since he was more recently open to the Elder Kai ritual power-up thing, screw that I guess.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Really?

That's a stupid edit to make. thumb down

Originally posted by cdtm
Another thing, still not totally certain if the Old Kia could do anything for Gohan,

I mean, he supposedly already unlocked his full potential. How many times should he be able to do that? Because, if the answer is "as many times as he wants", the the humans should spend all day, every day getting boosted, as they're the ones that need it most.
That's Gohan, though. His gimmick has always been 'unbounded' potential... Especially during Z.

Hell, Guru's unlock was supposed to have summoned all of his latent potential as well, but as we saw in subsequent sagas: it didn't even scratch the surface.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

True, although the gains Goku would see by allowing OldKai to unlock his potential are likely FAR beyond the gains he could ever see by training in the RoSaT nowadays.

I think his point was that they could have gone into the ROSAT for Old Kai to unlock Goku's potential.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I thought about that after I responded, lol. thumb up

It's very true... I just chalk it up to the plot-induced stupidity that seems to run so rampant in DBS.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:02 PM