KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 428 429 [430] 431 432 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yamcha

Goodnight sweet prince, may we see you in the next dimension.

Drown Sabat out of your ears, embrace the Drummond!

... Okay, done projecting.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:07 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I wish I could buy Ocean Dub...It be so much better to watch. Kirby Morrow is a much better Goku also

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:48 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I like Drummond more than Sabat, but that OST in the above videos is so generic and uninspired. sad

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:14 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Spoilers:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: its nothing near confirmed, but entirely possible, that Gohan will get knocked out next episode. This is because the spoilers for episode 125 state that Android 17 and Frieza are fighting Toppo, and they'll be driving him into a corner...but then, "something strange happens to Toppo." Advent of the God of Destruction, indeed. Gohan is not mentioned in the spoilers, neither is Dyspo. Both could be out in 124, especially if this thing has to end by March.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 04:11 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Gohan is helping Frieza with Dypso.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 04:28 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Gohan getting knocked out before 17 sucks, but that's what happens when 99% of the tournament is U7 wank and the writers shoot themselves in the foot by allowing U7 to go into the finale with a 2 man advantage over the other remaining team. Now suddenly, they gotta give Toppo and Dypso buffs to compensate even though it makes zero sense for neither of them to have used these abilities up until this point.

This arc is great in concept (and could have easily been the best arc in all of Dragon Ball) , but due to disregard for advanced planning, the execution is lackluster.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Jan 17th, 2018 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 05:38 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by carver9
Gohan is helping Frieza with Dypso.

...yes. In episode 124. I'm talking about 125.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:07 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So yeah, pages from the next chapter confirm that Freeza is indeed recruited for the ToP in the manga as well:

(please log in to view the image)

(Some people were thinking/hoping it would be Cell.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...yes. In episode 124. I'm talking about 125.

He is jumping in to help Goku and Vegeta.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
So yeah, pages from the next chapter confirm that Freeza is indeed recruited for the ToP in the manga as well:

(Some people were thinking/hoping it would be Cell.)

The manga feeds off the anime. This is why I say the Anime>>>Manga.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 09:52 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol

Regardless, was obvious Frieza would be brought back for the manga too. He's played too integral a part in the ToP at this point for it to be anyone else as the last member. When this was first confirmed for the anime though, part of me and some people had concerns about there being eventual Frieza fatigue, but thankfully they kept him interesting, and the highlight moments of his return for the ToP won me back over to his character more than the RoF arc/movie ever did.

Will wait till those above spoilers are confirmed before I say anything on it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 10:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Spoilers:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: its nothing near confirmed, but entirely possible, that Gohan will get knocked out next episode. This is because the spoilers for episode 125 state that Android 17 and Frieza are fighting Toppo, and they'll be driving him into a corner...but then, "something strange happens to Toppo." Advent of the God of Destruction, indeed. Gohan is not mentioned in the spoilers, neither is Dyspo. Both could be out in 124, especially if this thing has to end by March.
Why in the world are you spoiler tagging information that you don't even know is true, lol..?

Anyway, I won't mind if Gohan is eliminated in ep. 124 at this point. He has easily been one of the more boring characters at the ToP thus far, imo... Which is a real shame, given his potential.

Originally posted by carver9
The manga feeds off the anime. This is why I say the Anime>>>Manga.
Well I'm glad that 'what you say' is complete BS most of the time. thumb up

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol

Regardless, was obvious Frieza would be brought back for the manga too. He's played too integral a part in the ToP at this point for it to be anyone else as the last member. When this was first confirmed for the anime though, part of me and some people had concerns about there being eventual Frieza fatigue, but thankfully they kept him interesting, and the highlight moments of his return for the ToP won me back over to his character more than the RoF arc/movie ever did.

Will wait till those above spoilers are confirmed before I say anything on it.
Yeah, I was certain it would be Freeza... Primarily because I just couldn't fathom Toriyama/Toyotarou(who are both Freeza fanboys) altering the plot that much.

But for some reason, a few people here were really pulling for Cell to be part of U7's team in the manga instead of Freeza. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why in the world are you spoiler tagging information that you don't even know is true, lol..?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: DRAGON BALL SUPER SUCKS!

Am I doing it right?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Oh, and it looks like Cabba will recruit Caulifla(and Kale) in the next manga chapter as well:

This chapter will conclude with the U7 warriors heading off to fight in the ToP:
https://i.imgur.com/DiZifK6.jpg

...Which is interesting, because it means we likely will not see the bulk of Goku's pre-ToP sparring matches in manga canon.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's all probably filler anyways.

Bet they cut most of the ToP fights, too.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Anyway, I won't mind if Gohan is eliminated in ep. 124 at this point. He has easily been one of the more boring characters at the ToP thus far, imo... Which is a real shame, given his potential.

Well I'm glad that 'what you say' is complete BS most of the time. thumb up

Yeah, I was certain it would be Freeza... Primarily because I just couldn't fathom Toriyama/Toyotarou(who are both Freeza fanboys) altering the plot that much.

But for some reason, a few people here were really pulling for Cell to be part of U7's team in the manga instead of Freeza. /shrug

Power/potential aside, they just need to make Gohan a bit more versatile again, if anything. Whatever happened to him using Masenko and other attacks? It's just mystic powah hype and kamehameha's now which gets pretty repetitive, and thus makes him kinda boring as a fighter now...

Still think Cell is due to return somewhere down the line, but gotta be realistic too. Expecting him for the manga ToP was setting one self up for disappointment.

And @ the other post, nice. I am curious how the girls will be executed differently if at all.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
It's all probably filler anyways.

Bet they cut most of the ToP fights, too.
The manga will do what it does best: cut-out the BS filler, and give us the proverbial 'meat and potatoes' where battles are concerned, whilst fleshing out the character-development/plot immensely. I'm very eager to read the manga's rendition of the ToP, tbh... It will be fantastic, no doubt. thumb up

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 12:37 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, now I'm starting to think Carver is right about an organized snub. The first time someone nods to me is with something I CAN'T complain about. stick out tongue

I kid, I kid, I just say what I say, not look for attention. I really do hope the anime comes through in the end.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 12:45 AM
carver9

*Oh, and it looks like Cabba will recruit Caulifla(and Kale) in the next manga chapter as well:

This chapter will conclude with the U7 warriors heading off to fight in the ToP:
https://i.imgur.com/DiZifK6.jpg

...Which is interesting, because it means we likely will not see the bulk of Goku's pre-ToP sparring matches in manga canon.

Everyone you're seeing in the Anime will show up in the Manga and we all know why.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:08 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

>forgetting that Toyotaro was the one who designed these characters laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:53 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote