KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 503 504 [505] 506 507 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

-Krillin and Tien being eliminated so quickly(and before the could do anything at all) was so bad that I just couldn't help but laugh. Hopefully the manga at least has Roshi Mafuba a few people before he gets eliminated, otherwise the humans literally had NO purpose here.

-Base Gohan contending well against the Trio De Dangers was pretty uber, imo.

-Even though he ultimately got chumped, I'm glad we finally got to see Frost actually *do* something straight-up, instead of just lingering in the shadows... I do wish Zen-Oh would have erased him for causing a scene from the stands like he did in the anime, but there's still time.

-I hope Freeza keeps the tactical mindset he currently has, and doesn't throw a berserker-rage-hissy-fit. I like that part of his characterization here quite a bit.

-I'm glad the manga has been consistent in depicting how awestruck Beerus(and the other Gods) are at the Zen-Ohs' ability to casually erase entire universes so utterly... Really puts their powers into perspective:
https://i.imgur.com/iqmZdH3.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2018 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read the magna 33 & 34, he first time doing so, why is ultra instinct not in them?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:15 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If you've read both chapters, then you should know the ToP literally JUST started in the manga. It will be a number of issues before we even see omen/n00b-UI appear for the first time... Nevermind MUI.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Well...there goes my hope of ever seeing Tien using his four arm technique combined with the tri-beam in actual canon. At least there will always be that moment in Multiverse where he used it against Buu lol.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:28 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Before Tien got casually eliminated, it would have been nice if his Kikoho would have...I dunno...at least knocked Frost back a few inches or something.

At this point I honestly think Toriyama and Toyotaro have some sort of personal vendetta against ol' three-eyes. He has gotten utterly shit on in DBS.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No joke. Tien's body even looks like a toothpick now compared to how much muscle he had on him back in the Cell saga (nevermind that was kinda the last time he had a memorable moment, even if he didn't necessarily damage Semi-Perfect Cell with that Neo Tri-Beam spam, as the point was to hold him off).

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 20th, 2018 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:42 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Before Tien got casually eliminated, it would have been nice if his Kikoho would have...I dunno...at least knocked Frost back a few inches or something.

At this point I honestly think Toriyama and Toyotaro have some sort of personal vendetta against ol' three-eyes. He has gotten utterly shit on in DBS.

Which makes perfect sense. The idea that Krillin and Tienshinhan could pick a fight with a warrior that could lay the beat down on Piccolo was absurd to begin with.

The only reason Tien's treatment was a problem in the anime is because of how absurdly well Krillin and Roshi did by comparison.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:47 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

-I'm glad the manga has been consistent in depicting how awestruck Beerus(and the other Gods) are at the Zen-Ohs' ability to casually erase entire universes so utterly... Really puts their powers into perspective:
https://i.imgur.com/iqmZdH3.jpg

That's not what I got from that scene at all. Seemed more to me that it just settled in that their existences are on the line, even the gods'.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:50 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's not what I got from that scene at all. Seemed more to me that it just settled in that their existences are on the line, even the gods'.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:32 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It’s both.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:38 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Transexual reaction in other words

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:51 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I prefer 'non-binary' reaction. thumb up

Beerus witnessing Zen-Oh casually nullify a universe firsthand reminded him how damned uber Zen-Oh is(which is why he was clearly shocked by the feat), and also reminded him that his own existence is on the line if U7 fails.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:54 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:52 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you've read both chapters, then you should know the ToP literally JUST started in the manga. It will be a number of issues before we even see omen/n00b-UI appear for the first time... Nevermind MUI.

Thats what I was not understanding, I thought I missed something because I was under the impression the magna moved quicker then the Anime and it was ahead of the show. Ive never read the magna before today.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Mar 21st, 2018 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:25 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The manga was initially ahead, then it fell behind, and it will pull ahead of the anime again in a few months because the anime is going on hiatus.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:31 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Which makes perfect sense. The idea that Krillin and Tienshinhan could pick a fight with a warrior that could lay the beat down on Piccolo was absurd to begin with.

The only reason Tien's treatment was a problem in the anime is because of how absurdly well Krillin and Roshi did by comparison.

I don't think anyone was saying Tien should compete with the likes of Frost, just have him beat a bunch of lesser warriors like the others did before being knocked off.

But yeah. Well it wasn't just in the tournament, but even the lack of attention Tien got compared to them before the ToP. Getting beat by Frost is acceptable though compared to how he went down with that nobody sniper who his clones could've helped pick off.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

The manga was initially ahead, then it fell behind, and it will pull ahead of the anime again in a few months because the anime is going on hiatus.

Ok cool so its going to go on without the show?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:51 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Blindside12
Ok cool so its going to go on without the show?

Yep.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 02:44 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I dont feel so bad.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 02:48 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

You don't feel so blindsided now?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:06 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactlylaughing out loud

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:08 AM