KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman heat vision vs Thor lightning

Superman heat vision vs Thor lightning
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor's lighting isn't the same as real world lightning, it's magical.
IMO, its magicalness seems to involve how it can be invoked, anywhere, anytime, but it does not appear to be magical in basic lightning behavior. For example:
Originally posted by Igniz
URL=http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/Fernando072295/media/ThorChaos.jpg.html](please log in to view the image)[/URL]
The effect of even this immense, cosmic lightning bolt (which, btw, does not appear to be concussive) seems characteristic of a typical, RW strike.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 10:56 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Thor's lightning is certainly magical in that it is more powerful than ordinary lightning, but I don't think there's any consistency to any of it.

Be it power, properties or anything.

Trying to determine whether or not it's concussive is an effort in futility.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 12th, 2015 11:28 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I assume it has light,yes, which is part of the EM spectrum.

I assume it has heat, yes, which is infra red, also part of the EM spectruum.

I can see once more that you are too stubborn to admit you were wrong. Read my post properly. I said it would have concussive force. Never once did mass come into it.
How in the universe did you come up with the conclusion that all heat is infrared radiation? Teachers teaching kids lies again I see. The truth is found in college by real professors. Temperature has been defined by some physicists to be the speed in which atoms vibrate.

Conduction and convection are are other types of heat transfer.

And you didn't read my other part. I said even if his hv did have a radiation pressure push force then
1. It is a massless force like the magnetic force is with no blunt properties. So it doesn't refute my main point but rather nitpick at it.
2. It's too small to even be considered (it's weaker than the magnetic force).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 12th, 2015 08:07 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Mindship
Lightning doesn't vaporize people because it flows through them too fast. The primary effect from being hit is typically closer to electrocution, which is not a concussive effect. "Shocking," sure, but not like a shock wave.
The reason why is irrelevant, no one is arguing that lightning isn't hot. A poster brought up lightning being hotter than the sun as evidence of it being more powerful than the hv. So that fact is irrelevant since many survive without being badly burned from lightning strikes.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 12th, 2015 08:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

And yet die from heat stroke.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 10:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

What was the after effect of that lightning strike scan?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 13th, 2015 12:53 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Juntai
What was the after effect of that lightning strike scan?

CK had Supergod Herc dead to rights stabbing the heck outta him. Thor's blast gave Herc momentary respite and enabled him to launch a last ditch counter attack.

The scene before shows CK's eyes were open while he was stabbing Herc from behind. This one we see his eyes closed and his body language seemed to indicate that he was somewhat hurt by Thor's lightning.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on May 13th, 2015 at 03:14 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:09 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
CK had Supergod Herc dead to rights stabbing the heck outta him. Thor's blast gave Herc momentary respite and enabled him to launch a last ditch counter attack.

The scene before shows CK's eyes were open while he was stabbing Herc from behind. This one we see his eyes closed and his body language seemed to indicate that he was somewhat hurt by Thor's lightning.

It startled him, that's it. Nowhere was he shown to be hurt.

Superman contributing in creating a new big bang shits on that.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:20 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend

One fest is all Tbor and one feat is a small contributing percentage you can't even prove. Name a feat Superman has done on his own because this feat is all Thor.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Startled him? Wow... The scan is right in front of you. I'm not saying it significantly hurt him, but come on. The dude was just stated to absorb nearly 99% of the multiverse. Of course it did not hurt CK to the point of debilitating him.Other than Supergod Herc, I can't recall anyone giving him pause even for a brief period. He'd been spite stomping, no selling anyone and everyone which included pantheons of gods... Skyfathers, hell lords, etc etc...

Don't get upset because it happened. Your butthurttery knows no bounds. Accept it and move on.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on May 13th, 2015 at 04:16 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:12 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Startled him? Wow... The scan is right in front of you. I'm not saying it significantly hurt him, but come on. The dude was just stated to absorb nearly 99% of the multiverse. Of course it did not hurt CK to the point of debilitating him.Other than Supergod Herc, I can't recall anyone giving him pause even for a brief period. He'd been spite stomping, no selling anyone and everyone which included pantheons of gods... Skyfathers, hell lords, etc etc...

Don't get upset because it happened. Your butthurttery knows no bounds. Accept it and move on.

You said he was "somewhat" hurt. So where is this "hurt" scene?

He looked more startled than anything else.

And it didn't give him pause. He was laughing at the very next page. You're as usual hyping something mundane to something which it isn't.

Remain butthurt as always.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:22 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And it didn't give him pause. He was laughing at the very next page. You're as usual hyping something mundane to something which it isn't.

Irony.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Again with you inability to accept so you satisfy yourself by ignoring what was shown on panel.
I'll walk you through it. The page prior had(with eyes open)CK's tendrils all over Herc and even stabbing his eyes out. The scan from Igniz clearly shows CK throwing his arms away from Herc with both eyes closed. CK's body language clearly shows him being hurt even by the briefest of moments. The next page has Herc punching CK which ultimately throws him into the trap set forth by Cho/Galactus. CK laughs after that page thinking he won.

Now think for second. I said "somewhat" because I don't go throwing things around willy nilly. He "somewhat hurt" CK because in the end the attack would not have had any long lasting effect. It would be utterly stupid to think so. A regular portrayal of Thor's lightning attack would not even register to a being of CK's stature. Here it did. High showing obviously. Not out of the realm of possibility when it comes to heroes as powerful as Thor.

But the bottom line is it did hurt him enough so that it enabled Herc to launch a counter attack. The fact that it gave CK pause is a stupidly high end feat considering his power level at that point in time. Ridiculous I know, but this is comics bruh. The land of high end and low end feats. Deal with it.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on May 13th, 2015 at 04:49 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:40 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Again with you inability to accept so you satisfy yourself by ignoring what was shown on panel.
I'll walk you through it. The page prior had(with eyes open)CK's tendrils all over Herc and even stabbing his eyes out. The scan from Igniz clearly shows CK throwing his arms away from Herc with both eyes closed. CK's body language clearly shows him being hurt even by the briefest of moments. The next page has Herc punching CK which ultimately throws him into the trap set forth by Cho/Galactus. CK laughs after that page thinking he won.

Now think for second. I said "somewhat" because I don't go throwing things around willy nilly. He "somewhat hurt" CK because in the end the attack would not have had any long lasting effect. It would be utterly stupid to think so. A regular portrayal of Thor's lightning attack would not even register to a being of CK's stature. Here it did. High showing obviously. Not out of the realm of possibility when it comes to heroes as powerful as Thor.

But the bottom line is it did hurt him enough so that it enabled Herc to launch a counter attack. The fact that it gave CK pause is a stupidly high end feat considering his power level at that point in time. Ridiculous I know, but this is comics bruh. The land of high end and low end feats. Deal with it.

That's why I said it startled him at best. There is no alluding that it hurt him at any point. Point me to the panel where he is shown hurt. Him releasing herc doesn't means he was hurt.

Also if we're taking Thor slightly disturbing Chaos King as something Uber, here is Superman destroying Dominus body in one HV shot.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums...201100000-1.jpg

You know the same Dominus who manhandled Kismet like a *****.

Easily better than that.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:12 AM
quanchi112
Disney

That's why I said it startled him at best. There is no alluding that it hurt him at any point. Point me to the panel where he is shown hurt. Him releasing herc doesn't means he was hurt.

Also if we're taking Thor slightly disturbing Chaos King as something Uber, here is Superman destroying Dominus body in one HV shot.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums...201100000-1.jpg

You know the same Dominus who manhandled Kismet like a *****.

Easily better than that.
Ck >>>>Dominus.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:15 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Arguing that the Lightning bolt did nothing ignores the whole context of the scene.

The chaos king was beating the shit out of Hercules before that scene and it was when Thor dropped lightning on his dome that the scales tipped and Hercules was able to turn the tide. Looking at it from a purely story telling perspective alone, it had to have affected him to some worthwhile degree. It stunned him at least for a second.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:24 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

That was debunked

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:27 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by psycho gundam
That was debunked

Yeah, right. Where was it debunked BTW when under the same writer it was shown exactly the same way in Doomsday Wars and again showed in 52 issue 7 in recap of Zero Hour?

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:34 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Arguing that the Lightning bolt did nothing ignores the whole context of the scene.

The chaos king was beating the shit out of Hercules before that scene and it was when Thor dropped lightning on his dome that the scales tipped and Hercules was able to turn the tide. Looking at it from a purely story telling perspective alone, it had to have affected him to some worthwhile degree. It stunned him at least for a second.

Lulz @ it stunning CK. There is a reason mindset sports that sig.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:35 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Yeah, right. Where was it debunked BTW when under the same writer it was shown exactly the same way in Doomsday Wars and again showed in 52 issue 7 in recap of Zero Hour?
Misrepresented in all you mean

Old Post May 13th, 2015 05:37 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote