KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Sidious, Emperor's Wrath II, FE Malgus vs Vitiate, Dooku, TPM Maul

DE Sidious, Emperor's Wrath II, FE Malgus vs Vitiate, Dooku, TPM Maul
Started by: Trocity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who has Baras beaten that puts him above Kenobi or Ventress though? Like at all.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Naturally, Yoda would need far longer for full powered Baras, he was likely the most powerful member of the Dark Council. I was talking about the Baras the Wrath fought mind you.

So was I, its the same guy.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
So was I, its the same guy.

Yeah, Baras without Sel Makor, a DS Nexus, and the entity would die to Yoda in 20 seconds. I'm not even trolling. All of his other feats are on powerful nexuses. Same as pretty much the rest of the council, which is why I don't hold them in high regard.

Dooku on a nexus was able to tag and wound Yoda, that feat alone is far above any Dark Council member's showing.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Uh, the Wrath would benefit from any nexus as well. It's literally irrelevant. And Baras still had his Sel Makor amp in the fight. I've specifically looked into it and the Entity seemingly only offered visions to Baras. Everything I said about Baras applied in the fight vs the Wrath.

So I'm super not sure what your problem is here.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Uh, the Wrath would benefit from any nexus as well. It's literally irrelevant. And Baras still had his Sel Makor amp in the fight. I've specifically looked into it and the Entity seemingly only offered visions to Baras. Everything I said about Baras applied in the fight vs the Wrath.

So I'm super not sure what your problem is here.

What's your point? My point is that neither of them would last longer than 15-20 seconds against Yoda on neutral ground. Sure with a DS amp they're around Dooku level (as would Maul be with a nexus amp) but off it they are Maul level imo.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Wrath defeated the entire Republic army of Corellia in a single slaughterfest gauntlet. no expression

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Lol, so now even such a loosers like Baras are superior to top CW's Era combatants like Kenobi? TOR's fanboys are funny.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:38 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Wrath defeated the entire Republic army of Corellia in a single slaughterfest gauntlet. no expression

That's just not true.

1. The Empire lost the Battle of Corellia
2. Other heroes and their forces were involved
3. 10% of the Empire's galactic military was destroyed on Corellia. No ****ing way did the Wrath solo the Republic army on Corellia.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What's your point? My point is that neither of them would last longer than 15-20 seconds against Yoda on neutral ground. Sure with a DS amp they're around Dooku level (as would Maul be with a nexus amp) but off it they are Maul level imo.

I brought up some things about Baras to which you replied:

"Well yeah Baras is a badass. Yoda would take some time against him. But I was talking about the guy the Wrath fought."

And then I said "But theres literally no difference between that guy and the guy we're talking about."

To which you responded "I mean Baras without a nexus and Sel Makor + Entity".

And then I said "WTF? The nexus is completely irrelevant, he still has the amp and the entity doesn't affect his combat abilities. There is LITERALLY no difference between peak Baras, the guy the Wrath fought and the hypothetical guy who Yoda would fight. They are all exactly the same person with the exact same level of strength and once again the nexus is completely, utterly irrelevant."

And then you said the thing you just said.

So thats my point.

That's just not true.

1. The Empire lost the Battle of Corellia
2. Other heroes and their forces were involved
3. 10% of the Empire's galactic military was destroyed on Corellia. No ****ing way did the Wrath solo the Republic army on Corellia.

The Wrath fought before the majority of the Republic forces arrived on Corellia.

Originally posted by McP
Lol, so now even such a loosers like Baras are superior to top CW's Era combatants like Kenobi? TOR's fanboys are funny.

Baras is also a top combatant of his era, natch.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:41 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I brought up some things about Baras to which you replied:

"Well yeah Baras is a badass. Yoda would take some time against him. But I was talking about the guy the Wrath fought."

And then I said "But theres literally no difference between that guy and the guy we're talking about."

To which you responded "I mean Baras without a nexus and Sel Makor + Entity".

And then I said "WTF? The nexus is completely irrelevant, he still has the amp and the entity doesn't affect his combat abilities. There is LITERALLY no difference between peak Baras, the guy the Wrath fought and the hypothetical guy who Yoda would fight. They are all exactly the same person with the exact same level of strength and once again the nexus is completely, utterly irrelevant."

And then you said the thing you just said.

So thats my point.

Yes I know, I reconsidered my opinion because I forgot their final battle took place on a nexus. But I'll even concede the point if it makes you happy. "Just being sporting, I'd think you'd appreciate the chance to catch your breath. Your champion is failing Legend! And you'll be next!"

quote:

The Wrath fought before the majority of the Republic forces arrived on Corellia.

Which smells like bullshit considering the Spheres of Military Strategy, Offense, Logistics, Biotic Science, Technology and Ancient Knowledge all were active on the planet. So unless those millions of Sith soldiers and warriors just twiddled their dicks while the Wrath was like 'Nah guys I got this', I call bullshit.

quote:

Baras is also a top combatant of his era, natch.

As is Darth Maul, and he would last 15 seconds against Yoda. I'm being generous with Baras and giving him an additional 5 .

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I was just replying to the suggestion that Baras was "looser". He was one of the top tiers of his era, so that's an inaccurate evaluation.

And yeah I'm incredibly skeptical about him killing all the forces on Corellia. That's retarded.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 11:01 PM