KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gears of Wars 4

Gears of Wars 4
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

AVOID THE LAUNCH TRAILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!

There are potential spoilers in it and the developers are not happy with Microsoft atm for uploading it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 05:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Crazy. Thanks for letting us know.

Considering the game has been touting it's single player campaign as it's major feature, it's sad to see an advetiser/public relations/whoever is in charge release a trailer with story spoilers.

Man, this game was "I will get it once I can play with my friend locally" to "hmm, this looks pretty good" to "man, I need to get the game at release so I can keep up with competition". Some of those MP modes look pretty good.

But I still need to play SP splitscreen'd with a friend.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 02:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Reviews are coming in and Gears 4 is getting 8s and 9s so that's good.

Is it just me or isn't it a bit bias making people who pre-ordered the standard edition wait 'til next Tuesday for the game to come out while everyone who got the Ultimate Edition get to play it today?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 12:25 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I think it's dumb.

I have a long weekend (Thanksgiving) and if I pre-ordered the digital version, I can play on today and throughout the whole weekend.

I went from "I might get the digital version" to "OH YEAH!!!" But then I saw it was only for Ultimate and I thought that's dumb.

Personally, I think MS has made great strides since the disastrous original Xbox One campaign and I think MS is getting ahead of the trends much better than Sony has. But, it seems they are still stuck a bit with how things are done.

Letting Xbox One owners play their first party games on PC with one copy is a smart move and should be commended on that decision. Granted, it's hasn't been executed perfectly but at least the decision has been made to do so.

In my opinion, keep the Ultimate Edition for people who want that type of stuff but make the bonus of being able to play 4 days early be a pre-order bonus. As well, keep the Play Anywhere but also allow users to buy on Steam, Origin, GOG or wherever on release date.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 02:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'll probably get this on the PC. Really love MS for releasing this game on the PC.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2016 03:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'll probably get this on the PC. Really love MS for releasing this game on the PC.
If you buy it digitally for xbox, it gives you it on PC too. Levels and unlocks transfer between each so the games are interchangable. There have been people who played split screen campain by having one person on the pc and on on the xbox too so thats pretty cool

Unfortunately, my sister already got me a physical copy (not really unfortunate, I love her and appreciate her, but man do I want to play that campaign on my rig).

PWNT

Old Post Oct 8th, 2016 07:20 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This opens up for everyone in 5 hours

I managed to trade my buddy my physical copy for a digital copy so I can now play it on my pc. I'm pretty hyped to try this out

PWNT

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 11:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Jesus, preloading this is ridiculous on PC. I get that its bear 80 gigs, but it's been 7+ hours since I started the download

PWNT

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 05:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I was pre-loading on Xbox One. For about 3 hours, I was around 35%. I assume the servers are being destroyed.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 11:35 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Bought this for PC, very impressed.

Solid PC port, lots of settings, seems well optimized and runs really smoothly (except for a weird bug where the game will randomly start running at 5fps until I restart it, but that's only happened twice.)

The game itself is also very fun, feels like a Gears of War game, and so far I think I like it more than GoW2 and 3. The Coalition did a really good job keeping the feel of the old games while putting enough of their own touches on it to make it feel somwhat new.

Very happy with it.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 10:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm waiting to play couch co-op campaign so I haven't really gotten into it.

But I have played a fair bit of horde and it's a lot of fun. However, it's so dependent on a good group that it can be very, very frustrating when people do stupid shit. I despise when engineers do not upgrade the ****ing defenses, or even worst, repair them. And I do not know how many times I've seen players buddy up certain classes. Teams do not need two engineers and nobody is ever the heavy.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 02:55 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I like Gears 4 multiplayer....back when it was still in beta! Now it's yet another gnasher fest giving me a headache. The only PvP mode I can tolerate now is Arms Race.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 7th, 2016 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 05:00 AM