KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Part II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
What does that have to do with what I just said? smile

Before or after pretending like you're blind? You know those characters no expression

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 01:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

NemeSis
All these years and I never put together what your name is.

Legit fkn lol

PWNT

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:41 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
All these years and I never put together what your name is.

Legit fkn lol

I know right? It's great having a fan.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 01:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Is TLoU II really as bad as people say?

Or they're just butthurt over the transgender thing?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 05:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

The gameplay can be a lot of fun.

The story is, generally, pretty bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 06:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Just so we're clear, there is a trans character in the game, but it's not the other character you play as. That was a meme started by skinny fat five foot five guys who felt intimidated by a woman with bigger biceps than theirs, like Nemesis X.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 09:01 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The game is pretty great. A lot of people are just overreacting due to inclusion of the transgender stuff with a side character, Ally being muscled out, and some character death stuff (which IMO makes perfect sense, though could have been executed better). The story isn't as bad as everyone claims. It's just uninspired. Typical revenge story with the same lesson every revenge plot teaches ("dig a grave for two").

The gameplay, on the other hand, is fantastic. There are some really good horror sections to be had. That combined with the 30 hr run time? You get your moneys worth, and not enough single player horror games provide that (people complain when horror games are longer for some reason).

PWNT

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 09:21 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just so we're clear, there is a trans character in the game, but it's not the other character you play as. That was a meme started by skinny fat five foot five guys who felt intimidated by a woman with bigger biceps than theirs, like Nemesis X.

Quote me calling Abby trans, @$$hole. In the meantime, I'm gonna go play Zarya on Overwatch now.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
The game is pretty great. A lot of people are just overreacting due to inclusion of the transgender stuff with a side character, Ally being muscled out, and some character death stuff (which IMO makes perfect sense, though could have been executed better). The story isn't as bad as everyone claims. It's just uninspired. Typical revenge story with the same lesson every revenge plot teaches ("dig a grave for two").

The gameplay, on the other hand, is fantastic. There are some really good horror sections to be had. That combined with the 30 hr run time? You get your moneys worth, and not enough single player horror games provide that (people complain when horror games are longer for some reason).

Usually the moral of the tale regarding stuff like revenge don't pick sides but chose Abby's and left Ellie's in the mud. Like literally. The story is a jumbled mess of double standards malarkey. That's about the only reason me and many others don't like it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 2nd, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 09:50 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

laughing

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 10:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I have a question for you guys. I just completed LOU2 a few days ago, and I am already reading on different sites from Naughty Dogg that LOU3 is in the works. My question is, would you guys want the game to focus on Ellie? or have any of you guys starting liking the character of Abby Anderson and wouldn't mind the next installment focusing on her?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 07:06 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No...I do not want another game based on Ellie. Her story was told and I don't see how it can go further. In the first game, while the game didn't end on a typical cliffhanger, it still left an open ended question regarding Joel and Ellie.

I'm not sure if I want another Last of Us but if there was...I hope it's a set of new characters during a different time period. Maybe 50 years later.....or a prequel (less excited about this) just after infection.....but I am not sure I want another Ellie story.

That being said, I would prefer Naughty Dog to start something new.

EDIT: Though....I have to assume they are working something new because I'm pretty sure Uncharted is done...or it should be..Uncharted 4 was good but it just blah.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 07:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by Smasandian
No...I do not want another game based on Ellie. Her story was told and I don't see how it can go further. In the first game, while the game didn't end on a typical cliffhanger, it still left an open ended question regarding Joel and Ellie.

I'm not sure if I want another Last of Us but if there was...I hope it's a set of new characters during a different time period. Maybe 50 years later.....or a prequel (less excited about this) just after infection.....but I am not sure I want another Ellie story.

That being said, I would prefer Naughty Dog to start something new.

EDIT: Though....I have to assume they are working something new because I'm pretty sure Uncharted is done...or it should be..Uncharted 4 was good but it just blah.
I loved Uncharted 4. I forgot to mention, that on those sites I checked, Naughty Dogg stated that this third installment will be the last and close the gap on everything that was left hanging in part 2(For instance Ellie and Dina's relationship) or possibly Abby and Lev. Honestly for me, I did not care for the Abby character.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 07:45 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure what gap there is.....it seemed all done up to me. Abby went her way...and Ellie went the other way. Can't see more than that.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 08:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I am guessing, maybe Ellie searches for Dina and JJ, or interacts with new character's. Or maybe the possibly of new character's such as you suggested.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess. The only thing I can think of is that she wonders around the country and hijinks ensue.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 11:09 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It'll be from the POV of one of the dogs that Ellie killed's 2nd cousin. You'll go around sniffing other dog's butts, led only by the scent of Ellie's fingers that will lead you, not to Ellie but to Dina's fishy fud hole. You'll bite her throat out in front of little JJ who will inexplicably remember and they'll get at least another 3 games out of that particular revenge plot.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 11:23 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Okaaaaaaay.......

Old Post Oct 25th, 2020 08:12 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Oh. Any it'll be a gay non-binary black dog.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2020 12:05 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Oh. Any it'll be a gay non-binary black cat that identifies as a dog.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2020 12:05 AM