KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Part II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

👏👏👏.......👏

Old Post Oct 26th, 2020 02:16 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It'll be from the POV of one of the dogs that Ellie killed's 2nd cousin. You'll go around sniffing other dog's butts, led only by the scent of Ellie's fingers that will lead you, not to Ellie but to Dina's fishy fud hole. You'll bite her throat out in front of little JJ who will inexplicably remember and they'll get at least another 3 games out of that particular revenge plot.

lmao

Old Post Oct 26th, 2020 02:34 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 06:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I dunno. A lot of people really like his games for some reason. I don't really get it. I thought TLOU was pretty great. But Uncharted 4 was a bore and the less said about TLOU2 the better.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 09:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's bizarre to say the least. Hey guys, out of everyone here, let's promote the man-baby who can't take criticism for his writing and attempted copystriking anyone for so much as only mentioning leaks of his game among other issues to be our studio's face.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 01:56 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

f*ck this game, DOOM Eternal should've won.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 02:50 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
f*ck this game, DOOM Eternal should've won.
Doom Eternal?

lol

PWNT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 02:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And winning Best Game Direction was made possible thanks to the team's daily nutrition of Nestle's Crunch.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 03:44 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Of all the developers on the planet, it's Duke Nukem Forever's that come to Naughty Dog's aid.

https://screenrant.com/tlou2-crunch...nukem-tga-2020/

Old Post Dec 14th, 2020 11:25 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Duke Nukem Forever was such an awful game.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2020 05:46 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just finished this game finally.

Overall I'm a bit confused as to why people were so upset by it. I think many people exaggerated and painted this story in a way that is just not accurate to what is actually there.

For me, I thought it was a very compelling story, much more creative and unique than the run of the mill "old man traveling with a child" post apocalyptic trope from the first game. But even then, in its showing as revenge as all consume and destructive is not particularly new or controversial. There are many stories that show revenge in such a light, and it was done well here.

I actually thought Abby was more compelling than Ellie in this game. I really enjoyed the segments when we were playing as Abby, much more so than Ellie's segments. Ellie's narrative arc was was basically go to this place and find this person and kill them, where as Abby had more interesting objectives and her side characters had more depth. I ended up liking a lot of them, and Abby herself, more than Ellie.

I don't agree though that Ellie was presented as the Villain and Abby as the protagonist or anything like that. The game plays with perspective a lot, so for Abby, Ellie IS the antagonist, but in the scope of all we know as the player, which is much more than Abby or Ellie know, we see that they are both similar, both are good people who have been driven to horrible things by their all consuming quest for revenge, which ultimately is the point of the story. In the end, Ellie's humanity shines through, so I found her ending to be a bit more uplifting and positive than Abby's, who was punished to the extreme for her actions, just through Karma and happenstance. The idea that Abby gets a happy ending and Ellie gets destroyed is a silly take, and just not true. Abby gets everything taken from her, her friends, her family, her entire group, her dog, her power. She'll probably have PTSD for the rest of her life because of what she did and what she went through because of it. Ellie at least can still go back to her initial group if she wants to. And still has Tommy. I think it was a good story, well told, and with complex and interesting themes. Joel dying early was not a surprise, as many people thought when the first trailer for the game came out years ago that Joel was speaking to Ellie as a memory or in a flashback or just in her head after being killed. So not sure why so many people were so surprised by his death.

As far as the gameplay goes, I think it was an improvement over the first game. Solid all around. Graphics and music and sound were all also extremely impressive.

I think this game sets up a lot of interesting possibilities for the third game. We have a new character in Abby who is interesting enough to carry a game on her own, we still have Ellie who I think still could have solid stories told around her. Various interesting side characters.

My only real problem with the game was that I thought it dragged at times, and was a little too long. Really enjoyed everything else about it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 09:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I enjoyed how the game opened up a bit when exploring the levels. It was still linear but it was fun walking through an apartment, getting a scripted event and then being able to continue the journey. The Evil Within 2 is kind of similar in that regard.

I loved the game. It was probably my favourite of last year.

However, I hope a third game (I have to assume there will be one)...is far away in the future and nothing to do with Ellie. I don't really need another game about Ellie.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 10:29 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think Ellie will be a part of the third game. She's just too important to the series and the universe as a whole, being the only (as far as we know) immune person on the planet.

I expect that to play out more in the 3rd game. They kinda laid some strands for it already having Abby reconnect with what's left of the Fireflies. I expect the third game will have to do with the Firefly leftovers trying to hunt Ellie down to try and make a cure again. It'll also be interesting to see what the Fireflies are like now. I think we'll see them be a bit more hectic and uncivilized than they used to be, what with Abby saying that their goal is to restore civilization, but that there are a lot of ways to go about that. The way they go about that now will probably be a bit more brutal and totalitarian.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 11:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You are probably right. I just hope that it's farther into the future than a year or two.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 11:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think that’s a safe assumption. Naughty dog is doing a new IP next I believe. Along with the weird last of us remake. Probably won’t get last if us 3 until near the end of the generation

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 01:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heard there was rumours about another Uncharted game....which I hope is not the case.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 03:24 AM
BackFire

From what I hear actually the Last of Us remake is the only thing ND is working on currently. After that it sounds like they aren't really sure what they want to do. Could be TLOU3, or could be a new IP.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 07:33 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ahhh...that's annoying. Should be new IP...probably TLOU3.

But really, remaking the first....whats the point.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:47 AM
BackFire

From what I understand the reasoning is because other projects are currently in the outline/planning stages, so doing this remake gives the programmer type employees something to work on in the meantime while they figure out what the next project will be, since the remake doesn't require any writing/worldbuilding or planning.

Old Post May 6th, 2021 07:52 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i'm glad to finally see some people not shitting all over TLOUII laughing
the game isn't perfect, but it's still pretty damn good and it was fun to platinum

Old Post May 27th, 2021 04:17 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote