KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Westworld

Westworld
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

Finally got to the end of season 3 after binge watching the last 4 episodes. I think that actually might be the key to getting more out of this show. Binge watching.

The visuals, the portrayal of future technologies, the acting...all absolutely top drawer stuff. The plot ended up less convoluted than I thought so that was good. Suffered from some cheesy dialogue in the final episode. Started to get a bit tedious with Dolores and Maeve constantly coming back from the dead. (Like...worse than Rise of Skywalker)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2020 10:39 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had not watched a single episode of this show until recently. Then in quick succession I watched seasons 1 and 2. Really liked season 1. Season 2 was...it wasn't as good, but it wasn't merely just average either. This third season though...I dunno, I haven't made it past the 2nd episode.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 06:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

You definitely need to stick with it. I stopped halfway through so 4 and never went back until yesterday. Definitely improves but you can't get distracted while watching it or you'll lose what's going on.

As much as I didn't like most of s2 the episode Kiksuya was one of the best single episodes I've ever seen.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 07:30 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I had not watched a single episode of this show until recently. Then in quick succession I watched seasons 1 and 2. Really liked season 1. Season 2 was...it wasn't as good, but it wasn't merely just average either. This third season though...I dunno, I haven't made it past the 2nd episode.
Season 3 is great. Give it a chance, it's a big sea change.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 06:55 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post May 16th, 2022 11:50 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Going to watch as I'm invested, but it's gone down hill since season 1.

Maybe the twist will be that everyone's a robot now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 17th, 2022 05:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Ripping off Ronald D. Moore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard

They bit off more than they could chew with s2 but s3 was tremendous.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Found 3 to be a bit overly convoluted for its own good.

Going to need to watch a recap of 3 before 4 starts, as I've forgotten most of it.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not worth it.

Battlestar Galactica 2004 had almost the same concept but better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to watching this as I hope this season will be a little better than season 3

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I really liked the production design on this show, but kind of lost interest, too convoluted and too dry or something, not sure how to describe. Only saw through S2.

And Evan Rachel Wood is the next Amber Heard, so just more reason not to watch.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 11:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched 4th season opener

coulda been a little better

not sure about evan rachel wood's storyline yet

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
watched 4th season opener

coulda been a little better

not sure about evan rachel wood's storyline yet
Agree 100% Bruce, was not good.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 09:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems like they're maybe toning down the convolutedness of it. Reactions to s2 and s3 may have sunk in. Hopefully.

It's something that really needs to be binge watched in order to keep up with all the plots and timelines which is why I find it odd they release it weekly.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 01:08 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really enjoyed episode 2 season 4.

Even so, give me Yul Brenner.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 04:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

episode 2 wasn't bad

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Guessing Dolores is in some type of matrix-like world and her subconscious shapes that reality? But with this show, who knows.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 09:20 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

And in said alternate reality Dolores can go f#*k herself.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 10:22 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i liked the first season.. 2nd season was a step back but i liked a few things. 3rd i really didn't like much.

after the first 4 episodes of season 4 i can say that so far i like some things and i hate some.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2022 03:16 AM