KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
No wonder Saru can't even begin to understand why Michael did what she did, much less forgive her. Have to have principles outside of "Do what you're told" to relate to someone taking a stand on principles.

The way Captain Lorca operates, it makes you wonder if Saru's seeming willingness to execute widows and orphans if he felt it was necesssry to a mission is why he chose him as his first officer.
thumb up

Saru because he will follow orders and Michael because shes willing to break rules.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:12 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So Discovery more advanced than the Enterprise? (Enterprise should be around at this time under Pike).

Wonder if that’s true without the spore drive..

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Another meh episode, imo. Really starting to worry that Martin-Green can't carry the show. I mean, I had my doubts before, but this last episode cemented that.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So Discovery more advanced than the Enterprise? (Enterprise should be around at this time under Pike).

Wonder if that’s true without the spore drive..

At this point, I dunno tbh. Though they did say that Discovery is crap in a fight.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 07:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not good, since most shows only go downhill from here.

Saw it in Cage. Seeing it in Legendary Defender, where the animations literally become slideshow quality and the fllers stupider then ever..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 08:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Guess I’m the outsider... I’m actually liking it. It’s a fresh new take and sure it has flaws but I’m still watching it and looking forward to the next episode

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 11:34 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's allright imo. Not great. At least it's not Voyager.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's getting a second season lol.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Does anyone know what the plan for this show is in regards to like, maybe being put up on Netflix/Hulu after a season has already aired? Will they be doing that? Or will the only way to watch even older episodes be through the CBS streaming service?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like it's just dumb if they don't. People aren't going to get netflix and hulu and then oh shit a CBS streaming service too, sign me up! (Is something most do not say).

Most will get netflix or hulu...or both like me. Usually not specific channels.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:22 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah I agree, and it seems like a good way for them to potentially build viewership which might get more people to sign up for the CBS streaming service to watch new episodes. Guess it depends how greedy they want to be.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems like Netflix snaps up just about everything off cable. Which makes one feel like a tool for paying for cable, only to miss a season and get the "Included with Netflix" comment.

No one will take their premium channel seriously if they do that though..

I mean, theh won't anyways for reasons stated, but why even bother getting it if you can wait it out on Netflix..

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:27 AM
BackFire

They may. Hardcore fans will still probably be willing to pay to see it as soon as possible. Where as yeah casual fans probably will be fine just waiting a year or so to watch it on netflix. But there would still be money to be made for them. Netflix/Hulu/whoever would still have to pay CBS to stream the show.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:29 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
They may. Hardcore fans will still probably be willing to pay to see it as soon as possible. Where as yeah casual fans probably will be fine just waiting a year or so to watch it on netflix. But there would still be money to be made for them. Netflix/Hulu/whoever would still have to pay CBS to stream the show.

I dunno, I feel like half the hardcore fans would order the streaming and the other half will just download them illegally online lol.

I'd say I'm somewhat hardcore, watched a ton of trek, seen a lot of episodes multiple times, but damn if this show didn't just turn me off.

And I sat through frickin Tuvix.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:57 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Time for a gender swap game!

Guy admiral sleeps with female captain they're supposed to be evaluating. Then flips out after they sleep together and accuses her of seducing him.

She can even sleep with a gun, and be called out on it.

What would the twitter/reddit reactions be to that, I wonder.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:12 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the guy admiral is named Michelle or something.

You know, to contrast the female named Michael.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally a decent show... still this show needs to somehow get better

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
finally a decent show... still this show needs to somehow get better

My standards are pretty low.

All I ask is that it beats Dragon Ball Super. If I ever find myself thinking "Gee, I really wish I was watching Dragon Ball Super" during a show, there's probably a problem.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 03:11 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The last Ep was lame; very lame. Not too worried as all the ST series had lame episodes here and there. But it was lame nonetheless.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 08:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Not too worried as all the ST series had lame episodes here and there.

WTF does this even mean? Lame episodes? Bad Rob.

Well I'm off to watch "The Naked Now". Cya.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 08:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Tasha Yar showed us her exceptional body in that ep..

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote