KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
If Robtard is Kirk, then I'm Spock.

Bashar can be Bones.

Every seven years Vulcans enter an extreme physical and psychological imbalance where if they don't f**k, they die. Other option is to fight someone, likely to the death.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2021 08:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can probably fix that with the polywater 2000 virus.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2021 02:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tonight's eppy was tillycentric

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2021 04:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this episode was sad, but yet pretty good

Old Post Dec 17th, 2021 04:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DECENT EPISODE

Old Post Dec 24th, 2021 04:24 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Book had something to do which was a good thing

Old Post Dec 31st, 2021 04:19 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been enjoying season 4.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:46 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 09:32 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally someone else got something done

Old Post Feb 11th, 2022 04:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
shows have been renewed

https://deadline.com/2022/01/star-t...ate-1234914648/

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2022 12:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

petty decent episode

i have a guess as too who crated the dma but might be wrong

Old Post Feb 18th, 2022 04:03 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tonght's eppy coulda been better...

t least they explained book's friend more

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 03:25 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty fair episode

Old Post Mar 4th, 2022 03:26 AM
Darth Thor

Season 4’s been decent. Massive improvement over S3. Although they could still ruin it when we finally meet the 10C.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2022 10:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

they should've showed the faces of the bad guys more.. bastards

Old Post Mar 11th, 2022 03:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

They're not really bad guys, just misunderstood. This season is fizzling out hard.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2022 08:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
They're not really bad guys, just misunderstood. This season is fizzling out hard.
but isn't that half the aliens in every iteration of Star Trek, even the Klingons were just culturally misunderstood.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 07:11 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That is true. But this series has so many problems, starting with a largely meh Captain, she's just so meh. The Captain can't be meh, it brings down the show. Sisko was kinda meh at first, it hurt the early seasons of DS9 some, then DS9 shined when Sisko upped his game. Janeway was kinda meh and it brought Voyager down because of it. Still an overall enjoyable show though.

Then we have the Discovery's bridge crew, you just don't care about most of them, when in the other series you did, even that little shit Wesley Crusher made you mad at least. There's a Saurian character named "Linus" on the bridge in this, all he does is ****ing stare and blink. I have no idea why he's there aside from maybe looking very alien.

All the other series had non-human characters that were prominent to pivotal in their shows. Spock, Data, Worf, Odo, Quark, Seven of Nine (technically human, but Borg), Tuvok.

I will say I did have a laugh when this show trolled Rightist. There's an androgynous female character who said she preferred to go by "them and they", the incels lost it with their standard "woke!" this/that claims. The reason she was a "them and they", is because she had a Trill symbiont living inside her and she was two sentient beings in one.

But I digress, this is just not a very good show. I'm trying here because I love Trek, but every time this show has a upward tick, it ultimately ends up disappointing me.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 17th, 2022 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 04:46 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
That is true. But this series has so many problems, starting with a largely meh Captain, she's just so meh. The Captain can't be meh, it brings down the show. Sisko was kinda meh at first, it hurt the early seasons of DS9 some, then DS9 shined when Sisko upped his game. Janeway was kinda meh and it brought Voyager down because of it. Still an overall enjoyable show though.

Then we have the Discovery's bridge crew, you just don't care about most of them, when in the other series you did, even that little shit Wesley Crusher made you mad at least. There's a Saurian character named "Linus" on the bridge in this, all he does is ****ing stare and blink. I have no idea why he's there aside from maybe looking very alien.

All the other series had non-human characters that were prominent to pivotal in their shows. Spock, Data, Worf, Odo, Quark, Seven of Nine (technically human, but Borg), Tuvok.

I will say I did have a laugh when this show trolled Rightist. There's an androgynous female character who said she preferred to go by "them and they", the incels lost it with their standard "woke!" this/that claims. The reason she was a "them and they", is because she had a Trill symbiont living inside her and she was two sentient beings in one.

But I digress, this is just not a very good show. I'm trying here because I love Trek, but every time this show has a upward tick, it ultimately ends up disappointing me.
in order of meh for me :
Janeway
Pike
Archer
Michael
Sisko
Picard
Kirk.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 05:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Me:

Michael
Janeway
Pike
Archer
Sisko
Picard
Kirk

Though I do have hopes for the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds series coming later this year as he was imo one of the better aspects of Discovery in his short run. Hoping young Spock shines and we've got Rebecca Romijn as Number One.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2022 06:02 PM