KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ranking Star Wars

Ranking Star Wars
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Revised list from best to worst:

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

Empire Strikes Back

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

A New Hope

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:09 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me:

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
TFA
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

ESB/ROTS
ESB/ROTS
ROTJ
ANH/AOTC
ANH/AOTC
TFA/TPM
TPM/TFA

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 07:38 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1.ANH

Next 3 are interchangeable for me:

2.ESB
3.ROTS
4.ROTJ

5.TPM
6.TFA
7.AOTC

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. RotJ
5. RotS
6. TPM
7. AotC

Weird as hell typing out "7". lol

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

1. ROTJ
2. ESB(The Best Film but not my personal favorite)
3. ANH
4. ROTS
5. TFA
6. TPM
7. AOTC

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:04 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
For me:

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
TFA
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

I think mine is the same a Pr's. At this moment. ROTJ or TFA could be switched around though... not sure yet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:30 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Slight list update

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. The Force Awakens
5. Star Wars
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Phantom Menace

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 09:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Darth Thor
1.ANH

Next 3 are interchangeable for me:

2.ESB
3.ROTS
4.ROTJ

5.TPM
6.TFA
7.AOTC
WOW. You hated TFA that much? Ouch. In the big minority there though.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 10:12 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by queeq
I think mine is the same a Pr's. At this moment. ROTJ or TFA could be switched around though... not sure yet.

Jedi is actually my favourite of the six, so I'm a teeny bit biased, I'll admit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:42 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens

The rest - who cares, they are rubbish.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:44 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
WOW. You hated TFA that much? Ouch. In the big minority there though.

Who said I hate it? I loved the Other SW movies. It's my favourite movie franchise of all time. So ranking it below them doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. But I was disappointed by it. As were many other people as far as I can tell.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Who said I hate it? I loved the Other SW movies. It's my favourite movie franchise of all time. So ranking it below them doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. But I was disappointed by it. As were many other people as far as I can tell.
If by disappointed you mean ranking it super high? Then yes. Rotten Tomatoes still has it at 95% and IMDB has it at 8.8. The majority really liked it.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:23 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If by disappointed you mean ranking it super high? Then yes. Rotten Tomatoes still has it at 95% and IMDB has it at 8.8. The majority really liked it.

Interesting. Then I guess people hated the Original Star Wars in 1977 initially given that it was slammed by critics.

I really don't give a s*** what Critics think. And IMDb has a reputation of people voting before they've even seen the film.

In any case neither represents your general audience.

Just read through this thread and you'll find plenty of people disappointed in this film. Some People are loving it as well which is great. But just don't pretend there's 1 opinion that's been Universally agreed on and that Rotten Tomatoes gives us that Opinion.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:32 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Interesting. Then I guess people hated the Original Star Wars in 1977 initially given that it was slammed by critics.

I really don't give a s*** what Critics think. And IMDb has a reputation of people voting before they've even seen the film.

In any case neither represents your general audience.

Just read through this thread and you'll find plenty of people disappointed in this film. Some People are loving it as well which is great. But just don't pretend there's 1 opinion that's been Universally agreed on and that Rotten Tomatoes gives us that Opinion.
There is NOT one opinion. But the MAJORITY opinion is that TFA is great. So, you are in the minority. No reason to get upset about it mate. Not sure why you're so mad.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 01:32 AM
quanchi112
Disney

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Force Awakens

Rest are the same, obviously.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 06:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 07:47 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There is NOT one opinion. But the MAJORITY opinion is that TFA is great. So, you are in the minority. No reason to get upset about it mate. Not sure why you're so mad.

Because you're getting your "majority opinion" from Rotten Tomatoes which is just silly. As if Critics represent your general audience or something.

And by the way ROTS has around 80% on RT. In fact All the Prequels have over 50% which means technically you're also in the minority (going by your standards) if you didn't like the Prequels.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 21st, 2015 at 09:06 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 09:01 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Episode VI, ROTJ 10/10
The Good
Everything, the Vader, Luke, Emperor Duell, the Ending, the Ewoks n (you got to love them), the phucking spacebattle with the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star. It's a trap!
The Bad
Nothing, maybe the death of Boba Fett was kind of lame, though very funny, not what he deserved.
The Ugly
The original Obi-wan and Vader Force ghosts replaced by the new, so incredibly stupid and unnecessary. My rating is for the original, not remade thing.

Episode V, ESB 9/10
The Good
Vader in Cloud City, Lando, Luke Vader fight and revelation. Yoda training. The battle of Hoth and much more.
The Bad
Nothing really. Maybe not enough space battles.
The Ugly
Nothing.

Episode IV, ANH 8/10
The Good
It's the first. Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Tarkin and most of all, Obi-Wan. The battle against the first death star, the sacrifice of Kenobi.
The Bad
It felt a bit rushed, so much story packed in a few minutes. From Tatooine to the Death Star in an instant.
The Ugly
How easy it was to destroy the Death Star, I mean seriously?

Episode VII, TFA 8/10
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
The Good
I liked the new cast, the new chars, especially Finn, the Stormtrooper going good which is a nice twist, Rey, who hpefully isn't Han and Leias daughter (since neither Han nor Leia recognized her), and hopefully is Lukes daughter, since the lightsaber called out to her and BB-8, a droid other than the original two who gets the chance to shine. The humor was good, the light saber duells were more like the original ones and less acrobatic, which is an improvement. The orignal chars, Chewie, Han, Leia etc. were really cool (even though Hans Death was unnecessary, so early in the new trilogy).

The Bad
The Starkiller Base. Build in 30 years, in the core of a Planet, sucking a sun dry? I know it doesn't have to be physically correct or realistic but it was this bigger and badder thing, that is just kind of boring. We already had 2 of those weapons, both failed, something new, fresh, would be an improvement. This seemed forced. Also it was very action heavy, which made me feel like the story seemed kind of forced. Also, not seeing Luke and Snoke in action. I want Luke to be the most powerful Jedi next or above Yoda.

The Ugly
Kylo Ren. I expected a cool villain and at first he seemed so, but his anger management issues and his lack of power (getting his ass handed to him by a girl without much training) were a disappointment. He was just an angry little biatch, with some daddy and granddaddy issues. I knew what to expect once he lifted that mask, but his face doesn't fits, how can he be han and leias son, maybe Chewie had his way with her? I don't want to hate his looks but someone like jared padalecki would have been more meancing. Also it would be even better if he was a she, Leias and Hans daughter.

Episode III, ROTS 6/10
The Good
Anakin vs Obi-Wan, Yoda vs the Emperor, Mace Windus death. Vaders transformation. Can't remember much more. Obi-Wan and Yoda were the best though.
The Bad
The Story was kind of boring, I can recall much fromt he movie. The acting of Hayden.
The Ugly
The Plot holes.

Episode II, AOTC 5/10
The Good
The Colosseum fight. Kenobi vs Grievous. Dooku vs Yoda. Dooku was the best in this movie, I like him more than Palpatine.
The Bad
The love story, or better the acting, of Anakin and Padme.
The Ugly
Mace Windu, or rather his acting and JarJar Binks.

Episode I, TPM 4/10
The Good
Qui-Gon and Darth Maul, the Jedi council. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were the best in this movie.
The Bad
Seeing Vader as a child.
The Ugly
Jar Jar, the Jesus birth of Anakin, the midichlorians nonsense.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 10:10 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote