KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ranking Star Wars

Ranking Star Wars
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doing the 7pm showing thing. Probably see it again on Sunday opening weekend with the gf. First showing is reserved for fellow Star Wars fans.
Yah, I'd RATHER go earlier as well but I'm going with some friends and my brother, who has to work until 10:00 PM....so yah. Oh well, better late than never.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 01:49 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I'd RATHER go earlier as well but I'm going with some friends and my brother, who has to work until 10:00 PM....so yah. Oh well, better late than never.
I agree on better late but opening night is still spot on. My anticipation is through the roof for Snoke. His voice sounds awesome and his line, "Even you have never faced such a test," is already legendary to me. I've watched that tv spot over fifty times.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 01:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by quanchi112
Doing the 7pm showing thing. Probably see it again on Sunday opening weekend with the gf. First showing is reserved for fellow Star Wars fans.

hahaha my ol lady is pissed that I'm going without her to the 7 pm show too but she isn't fan enough to see the very first showing... she's a "what happened to that guy" type of movie goer

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 04:23 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
hahaha my ol lady is pissed that I'm going without her to the 7 pm show too but she isn't fan enough to see the very first showing... she's a "what happened to that guy" type of movie goer
I am going to tell those sitting next to me that I know not to look or even speak to me during the film. If I really want to see a film my eyes won't leave the screen until the credits roll.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 04:48 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So the "no.1 fan" didn't have the confidence in this movie to pre-book it a 2nd time OW laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 09:13 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So the "no.1 fan" didn't have the confidence in this movie to pre-book it a 2nd time OW laughing out loud
I will make it there Sunday night so don't you worry. I am also seeing the first available showing in my theatre. You aren't.

Also "I am Star Wars." Prepare yourself for my Snoke and Kylo.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 02:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx

A New Hope....Even though, Empire is my favorite movie, it wouldn't have been nearly as impactful without, A New Hope. ANH is just as good as ESB when considering the character development and exposition.

Empire Strikes Back...,no explanation needed. It's a perfectly paced movie with three masterfully crafted acts.

Return of the Jedi...,If it weren't for the EWOKS, i might say that this is the best movie of the original franchise. It's the first time we get to see a well balanced, Luke whom is entirely in control of his emotions. The ewoks really hurt this installment for me and almost makes it as hard to watch as one of the, Prequels.

As for the prequels, i think they're all balls. Other than certain acting efforts and some choreography, there really is no redeeming aspect for them

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 03:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Return of the Jedi...,If it weren't for the EWOKS, i might say that this is the best movie of the original franchise.
Yah. The Ewoks, though kinda cute (I'll admit) are just atrocious from a plot standpoint. I'm sorry but we're to believe these little teddy bears are a legitimate threat to the GALACTIC EMPIRE......

sigh. Anyway, I feel the same way. ROTJ would be my favorite movie had it not been for them. Luke in his black outfit with the green light sabre made me a fan of his for all time (my favorite color is green). And ROTJ is still the best performance by Ian Mcdiarmid (the Emperor).

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 04:57 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah and the only reason we had Ewoks is because they couldn't afford to do a planet full of Wookies. If you watch, ROTJ and imagine a planet full of Wookies, its an entirely different movie. I've come to appreciate the ewoks, but i still can't help but feel that they're out of place with the tone of the movie.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah and the only reason we had Ewoks is because they couldn't afford to do a planet full of Wookies. If you watch, ROTJ and imagine a planet full of Wookies, its an entirely different movie. I've come to appreciate the ewoks, but i still can't help but feel that they're out of place with the tone of the movie.
Yah...Wookies trashing the Empire makes more sense.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah...Wookies trashing the Empire makes more sense.

Even as a child before i knew they were supposed to be, Wookies, i thought the Ewoks were lame. I mean, i've come to accept it, but it's always been the one stain on the original trilogy that i could never get over or accept. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 06:51 AM
Darth Thor

Wookies would have been a lot cooler, but in some ways less realistic Imo. Think about it, Ewoks are going to go completely under the Empire's radar. However I'm pretty sure they'd notice a Planet (well Moon actually) full of Wookies and invade/enslave them first before building their Ultimate weapon there.

So the way it was done made it realistic that the Empire think the Rebels have nothing in terms of reinforcements or hope on that Moon and will get captured quickly, when in fact that wasn't the case.

Also Chewbacca had a lot of action with the Ewoks so that slightly made up for the original plan of Wookie action, and in fact he turned the tide of that fight when he took over the AT-ST. Apart from that the Ewoks main weapon was the element of surprise really for the above reasons.

Besides Ewoks being a more "kiddish" factor was a good balance to the Dark psychological stuff going on in the Death Star "Soon I'll be dead, and you with me", and let's not forget, this wasn't Empire, this was the end of the Saga, so was never intending to end on a grim note, and wanted lots of Light hearted themes going on as well.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 11:11 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, I agree. This is where Lucas started make his own sometimes incomprehensible thought constructions. Why not wookies? Just because Chewie can fly the Falcon, doesn't mean that wookies living a primitive life style are stupid or incapable of learning technology.

It's like saying a Masai from a primitive village in Kenia can't learn how to use a computer, just because they don't have computers in their village. Of course they can... silly reason by Lucas, if you ask me. Of course it should have been wookiees! They wouldn't have sold a toy less!

Originally posted by -Pr-
That, and it's a solid movie with good performances. It has a simple story, sure, but it's done incredibly well.

The PT tries to be a very complex story and it's done incredibly terrible.

Mistake no.1: trying to be complex with SW and not being able weave an intricate storyline
Mistake no.2: not making it work

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 11:18 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup. I'm almost sad Lucas won't be involved in Star Wars anymore, because he does have the ability to come up with new ideas that are pretty damn impressive; he just sucks when it comes to the finer details.

Being surrounded by yes men wasn't helping him either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 12:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Let's see my list would be

6) TPM - only a few good moments for me

5) AoTC - Better than TPM but a lot of wasted potential and chopping story telling

4) RoTJ - I might take some flak for this one but honestly after viewing it again as an adult it has glaring weaknesses. Ewoks anyone?

3) RoTS - I thought this movie was actually pretty decent. It had it's weaknesses for sure but overall I enjoyed this move. The action, visuals, music was top notch and acting for me was on the better side of the spectrum overall. Obi-Wan vs Anakin was a fantastic scene all around.

2) ANH - this gets the second place nod just because of nostalgia mostly. It kicked everything off and even viewing it as an adult I love watching this move.

1) ESB - I almost feel compelled to put this first just because of the Luke I am your father part. I don't think any Star Wars movie has anything that even remotely approaches that level of story telling.

I also want to add that I never thought the PT was as bad as other people made it out to be and the OT we generally only highlight the good moments while ignoring the bad parts.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:09 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Newjak

I also want to add that I never thought the PT was as bad as other people made it out to be and the OT we generally only highlight the good moments while ignoring the bad parts.

^ Yeah and with the PT it's the opposite. People tend to highlight the bad parts and ignore the good moments.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:29 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There just tends to be, at times in those movies, more bad than good, which is why people focus on them.

Same with the good of the originals.

also, leave the Ewoks alone. Those adorable little bastards don't need any more flak.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I've become more of a fan of New Hope than Empire Strikes back over the passed few years

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:44 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
There just tends to be, at times in those movies, more bad than good, which is why people focus on them.

Same with the good of the originals.

also, leave the Ewoks alone. Those adorable little bastards don't need any more flak.
Don't get me wrong I loved the Ewoks as a kid. I even watched their spin off movies. But now that I am an adult and can critically think better the Ewoks just don't make much sense.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 02:04 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
Don't get me wrong I loved the Ewoks as a kid. I even watched their spin off movies. But now that I am an adult and can critically think better the Ewoks just don't make much sense.

I don't think they were ever supposed to make sense. That doesn't, or rather shouldn't, make them any less adorable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 02:14 PM