KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Trailer (1/15/16)

Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Trailer (1/15/16)
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Makes sense. GI's species is hard to miss, so him being a Temple Guard is a good theory.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

"The Jedi are growing in their power."

Do you think the Fifth Brother is referring to Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra, or just Kanan and Ezra?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:08 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars...-wars-rebels-18

Filoni says this temple is meant to evoke dread. "It is an ancient place. And it is a dangerous place and one that will change our characters," he says. "They come out the other side and are not the same."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars...-wars-rebels-03

There seems to be a crack in the night sky. But how is that possible? "They look like stars, but are they stars?" Filoni says. This shot actually appears to be underground, with pinpricks of light shining through the planet's crust above. It was designed to emphasize the deceptive nature of light and dark, and it's surrounded by a haunting legacy...

Pretty interesting stuff.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:45 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Looks pretty cool! I hope we get to see Vader and Maul fight

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That temple is underground? Holy shit that sounds bad ass.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:59 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I feel like that Ezra and Maul scene would be like a season finale-esque scene. Ezra allying himself with a dark lord we all know to be Maul can't happen early or even in the middle of the second half. It'd probably have to be in the last one or two episodes.

The question is; what could happen after that? Will Vader encounter Maul? Will Ahsoka and Kanan confront him? So many questions!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 03:44 AM
ares834

The Maul stuff and Vader stuff all seems to be happening at the Sith Temple. So I expect it will be the season finale's arc. I'm just hoping it's a long ass arc.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 03:54 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

If so, then did Filoni indirectly confirm Ahsoka survives the temple (and therefore Vader, right?) by saying that "they come out the other side and are not the same."?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 03:58 AM
ares834

Not really, no.

If anything Filoni says the opposite when he says he plans to wrap up the Ahsoka story-line this season.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:03 AM
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Not really, no.

If anything Filoni says the opposite when he says he plans to wrap up the Ahsoka story-line this season.

Really?...That's surprising.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Why not? If the fight is in the temple and she comes out the other side she obviously won't be dead.

"Vader and The Emperor think that if they can get Ahsoka, she would be a key that leads them to other Jedi survivors," says Filoni, who says he plans to wrap up that storyline by the end of the season.

That doesn't imply she will die, like, at all.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:13 AM
ares834

Because questions remain. Such as what characters is he referring to (all of them? Just the core Rebels cast)? Is the duel in the temple itself or outside it? Etc...

Sure it does. If the Sith are no longer pursuing Ahsoka there has to be a reason. Now, there are multiple reasons why they might no longer be doing so, but this simplest and most likely one is that she is dead.

Now I know you are dead set on her surviving, and I'll admit she may very well might (I'm about 50/50 right now), but you really seem to be looking too much into Filoni's statements.

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 16th, 2016 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:19 AM
Zenwolf

Tbh I feel someone is gonna die in the Temple, or at least someone is gonna die this season. You don't just have all this darkness, Vader, all these Inquisitors and the like to have someone NOT die. I mean if it's not gonna be Ahsoka, then the most obvious choice would be Rex.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I've read rumors that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rex dies and Ahsoka is captured.

Admittedly, they are probably false but the fact that the last thing said in the trailer is Sabine shouting "REX!" is fairly ominous for the character.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:27 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Because questions remain. Such as what characters is he referring to (all of them? Just the core Rebels cast)? Is the duel in the temple itself or outside it? Etc...

Sure it does. If the Sith are no longer pursuing Ahsoka there has to be a reason. Now, there are multiple reasons why they might no longer be doing so, but this simplest and most likely one is that she is dead.

Now I know you are dead set on her surviving, and I'll admit she may very well might (I'm about 50/50 right now), but you really seem to be looking too much into Filoni's statements.
It looks like only Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra enter the temple so I think it's reasonable to assume when he says 'they' he means them - the characters that entered the temple.

Or Vader successfully captures her, which is basically his entire purpose in hunting her down? We don't always have to jump to "SHE'S DEAD SHE HAS TO DIE" whenever considering possibilities like these. (I know you're not like this really in particular but so many are).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:28 AM
Zenwolf

I've read rumors that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rex dies and Ahsoka is captured.

Admittedly, they are probably false but the fact that the last thing said in the trailer is Sabine shouting "REX!" is fairly ominous for the character.

Seems fair, plus I mean...what's Rex got left to offer really? I mean we haven't really seen much of him do anything, last we see was the Stealth Strike episode right? He almost died there.

Other episodes...as I recall he was just background, so it seems logical that Rex kicks the bucket at some point this season.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:29 AM
ares834

Originally posted by |King Joker|
It looks like only Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra enter the temple so I think it's reasonable to assume when he says 'they' he means them - the characters that entered the temple.

Or Vader successfully captures her, which is basically his entire purpose in hunting her down? We don't always have to jump to "SHE'S DEAD SHE HAS TO DIE" whenever considering possibilities like these. (I know you're not like this really in particular but so many are).

I honestly read it as the Rebels Crew.

Could be. But personally, I wouldn't consider that wrapping up the story-line at all. In fact, it's almost the exact opposite IMO. It would be like saying Vader capturing Leia wraps up the search for the Rebel Base storyline in ANH.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:33 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Honesty looks ****ing amazing, Maul's inclusion bumps up for the fact I could care less about the main cast (other than the exciting possibility of Maul training Ezra). It looks very promising, and am I the only one who noticed the Inquisitors fighting off scores of Jedi guardians?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 06:07 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm sure we all saw it, but the other stuff is frankly far more exciting IMO.

As for Maul, while I'm excited to see him, I hope he dies this season. It's time to kill him off. Let's not drag that story-line out any longer.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 06:23 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'm assuming you want Vader to kill him?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 07:10 AM