KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legion

Legion
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The season dragged in the middle but god if the beginning and ending weren't the best things on television.

I've rewatched that finale fight/song like 12 times.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:01 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yes, that astral battle sequence at the beginning of the finale was simply spectacular.

And the ominous ending, which sets things up for S3... " You know what? I'm done. You had your chance."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 04:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

First proper season 3 teaser.

Final season, from what I have read.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 11:59 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

First episode of S3 dropped. I was actually surprised. It was more straightforward than the first episodes of the other 2 seasons. Looks like it could be an interesting season though.

I had to lol at the one bit though:
Cary to Kerry: "I need to check his reflexes."
Kerry punches the guy in the face, flooring him,
Kerry: "Slow."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 01:57 AM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is season 2 any good? Was getting into Season 1 especially towards the end, but the first episode of season 2 kinda bored me.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 12:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Season 2 went a bit style over substance IMO.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 12:46 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am wondering when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Xavier will show up though. You can spot him in the trailer if you watch carefully.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 02:26 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Season 2 went a bit style over substance IMO.

Ah damn, that was the impression I was getting, hence wasnt in a rush to catch up.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 07:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Ah damn, that was the impression I was getting, hence wasnt in a rush to catch up.

Season 2 ends stronger than it begins IMO, though some fans found the angle they took upsetting, because it wasn't the way they wanted/expected things to go.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 09:56 AM
jenzie
you know my name .....

very much looking forward to is starting in the UK next week

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 03:25 PM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Season 2 ends stronger than it begins IMO, though some fans found the angle they took upsetting, because it wasn't the way they wanted/expected things to go.

So tried starting on season 2 again at long last, but found myself a little lost, so I purchased and rewatched Season 1. And damn, that was miles better than I remember.

Think the first time was a bit jarring getting used to the whackiness of the show, but once you know what to expect it is really good.

Oh and didnt even notice the post credit scene the first time I watched the series.

Cant wait to binge season 2 now.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 11:41 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So tried starting on season 2 again at long last, but found myself a little lost, so I purchased and rewatched Season 1. And damn, that was miles better than I remember.

Think the first time was a bit jarring getting used to the whackiness of the show, but once you know what to expect it is really good.

Oh and didnt even notice the post credit scene the first time I watched the series.

Cant wait to binge season 2 now.

Well, the current season is 4 episodes in, and it has been an interesting ride. I can't say too much though, because even certain vague comments can actually be spoiler-y with this one.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 03:58 PM
Darth Thor

^ Ta.

They should really tie it in to the movies for the 3rd season Imo. Given the films are no longer around to contradict any such tie ins.

Patrick Stewart even said ages ago that hed be up for an appearance. Although it might not be possible now with his new Trek commitment.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 06:57 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^ Ta.

They should really tie it in to the movies for the 3rd season Imo. Given the films are no longer around to contradict any such tie ins.

Patrick Stewart even said ages ago that hed be up for an appearance. Although it might not be possible now with his new Trek commitment.

It's hard with this show, because it is so weird. The only other comic book show that even begins to approach similar levels is Doom Patrol, but that's a different kind of weird. So, it would be hard to fit it into everything else, tonally. Though not going to lie. It would be kind of awesome to see David meet Dr Strange, or something, and see who can do the most random shit lol. Or even just some more mutants from the more mainstream stuff.

Chances are that we won't see any more of this character in live action for some time once this show wraps up though. Because another obvious issue is how OP he is. Even though the FX version is massively watered down from the comics, he is still laughably OP, really. I mean the guy can casually dust people IG style, and he doesn't even need an IG. And that's just one of the many things he can do.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 18th, 2019 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 01:44 AM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah and thats not even including his potentially Xavier level TP. And remember how they always found a plot device to get rid of or neuter Prof X in the movies, because otherwise he just freezes everyone lol.

Whereas David is basically Xavier and Magneto combined - Phoenix type of thing. Plus with random other powers popping up all the time - kind of like a Peter Petrelli - who they also had to neuter in Heroes.

But basically Davids greatest challenge is his own Psyche.

Just saying though, would love a cameo by Patrick Stewart. I mean heck Bradley Cooper managed a cameo in the Limitless series which was cancelled after one series. So really why not?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 09:21 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, credit to Noah Hawley in not shying away from the challenge of taking on a character of that scope. Because even before S1 first came out, he'd already confirmed in interviews that the FX version will also be Omega level, like his comic counterpart. I think a lot of people would have struggled in his place.

https://www.cbr.com/legions-noah-ha...from-marvel-tv/

And while there is a lot of dialogue regarding the threat David poses in the first season, they only really begin to show you what this means in S2 and S3.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 09:32 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This last episode was pretty intense.

"Who the hell are you?"
"I am Legion."
"I am Legion."

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And that was the moment she realised that she had made a very big mistake.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 10:31 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Series ended kind of how I expected it would after the penultimate episode. Sad to see it go though. Really was a good show overall. Interesting though that Switch [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and her father basically ended up being the actual most powerful beings in the show, as they are basically 4-dimensional avatars of time itself that can exist beyond a physical form and control the time eaters.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Aug 13th, 2019 at 09:54 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 09:51 AM
Darth Thor

So technically this was the last thing we got from the Fox X-Men Universe.

Oh wait theres still that stupid New Mutants movie coming at some point.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 10:54 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Series ended kind of how I expected it would after the penultimate episode. Sad to see it go though. Really was a good show overall. Interesting though that Switch [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and her father basically ended up being the actual most powerful beings in the show, as they are basically 4-dimensional avatars of time itself that can exist beyond a physical form and control the time eaters.

Nah. I still think David is more powerful, given how he could overpower the Time Eaters. We just never saw him prioritize himself towards reaching his peak potential. All he wanted to do was change his past.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 14th, 2019 01:31 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote