KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Berserk Anime (2016)

Berserk Anime (2016)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Berserk Anime (2016)

I figured I'd make this early.

I AM BEYOND EXCITED AND HAPPY! OMFG!

Berserk has recently become one of my favorite fandoms.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:34 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Seriously, no one?

The first anime was one of the best anime of all time.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 12:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Hopefully they'll skip the Golden Age arc this time around, there's already an anime series that covered it and it was also retold in the movie trilogy that was released a few years back.

But I agree. It's a good manga and it deserves a proper adaptation.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 12:33 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

It's a sequel to the movies

So expect the same crappy CGI.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 05:11 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It's a sequel to the movies

So expect the same crappy CGI.
But thats because they were movies.

No ones going to try and make an anime series big and flashy like that, they're trying to use theatrics to make it, well... theatrical.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 06:49 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Astner
Hopefully they'll skip the Golden Age arc this time around, there's already an anime series that covered it and it was also retold in the movie trilogy that was released a few years back.

But I agree. It's a good manga and it deserves a proper adaptation.

I hope they recap the movies, then go where the anime series left off in Episode 1.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 06:51 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Jmanghan
But thats because they were movies.

No ones going to try and make an anime series big and flashy like that, they're trying to use theatrics to make it, well... theatrical.

That has nothing to do with the abundant use of cheap CGI in the movies over traditional animation, the same CGI present in the teaser.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 02:05 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Lets hope for the best and assume its only for the teaser.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 08:57 PM
Jmanghan

Ok, it wasnt just for the teaser.

BUT!

What do you think? Do you like it?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 10:44 AM
danteiscool

Haven't actually watched the whole first episode, but they basically blitzed like 6 volumes worth of content in just one sitting... doesn't inspire good feelings in me so far.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 03:07 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Its pretty good, imo.

Aside from the awful animation.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 03:10 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Cuts my favourite arc

Into the trash it goes

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 04:18 PM
Jmanghan

Whats your favorite arc?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 04:21 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'm not really interested in it. Apparently the animation is awful, an entire story arc has been skipped, the characters are poorly portrayed and it's going into filler in the third episode.

So from what I can surmise only idiots who flock to adaptions for their brand recognition rather than their stories would appreciate Berserk 2016.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 05:18 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Astner
I'm not really interested in it. Apparently the animation is awful, an entire story arc has been skipped, the characters are poorly portrayed and it's going into filler in the third episode.

So from what I can surmise only idiots who flock to adaptions for their brand recognition rather than their stories would appreciate Berserk 2016.
Well, from what I've heard, its gotten mostly positive reviews, despite the animation sucking.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 05:19 PM
danteiscool

Positive reviews from whom?? The anime is going in all sorts of bad directions - Black swordsman arc done in like one episode, Farnese and Scorpio already introduced, filler about to begin, 3d animation... hardly anything worth a positive review.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 07:59 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

"Don't trust wikipedia, Jman!" Blah blah blah.

Attachment: 2016-07-13-132151.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:26 PM
Jmanghan

New episode is out, what'd you think?

I don't get the hate, I like it so far, though I'd be satisfied by anything that is Berserk at this point.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:28 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hahahah holy sh*t that horse scene.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2016 06:40 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Farnese is in my top 5 hottest anime girls now though, that girl is attractive.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2016 07:40 AM