KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman:SIEGE

Superman:SIEGE
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Why did you stop posting in the comic vs forum? Carver9 got a good memory so I remember your last words here.
I was warned. I left. It isn't the first time I left in those circumstances. I was still on kmc the entire time. My post count laps you, carver.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
I was warned. I left. It isn't the first time I left in those circumstances. I was still on kmc the entire time. My post count laps you, carver.

Bullied. I'm waiting in line To Be the next person to bully you.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:37 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bullied. I'm waiting in line To Be the next person to bully you.
You can't warn me. And I left to punish this place. It worked.

Carver the only thing you bully is logic and common sense.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

His history.

You mean the history that excludes his victories over immensely powerful magic based characters.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:40 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You mean the history that excludes his victories over immensely powerful magic based characters.
Context. That would clearly hurt him. Remember that time when Spectre effortlessly turned Superman into salt.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:41 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Carver9 got a good memory so I remember your last words here.
Holy piss I laughed

Do you remember when I used to repeat events in your life where your gay black lovers would say your full KMC name with the 9 at the end? That shit gets me everytime. The fact that you're doing it now? Exquisite

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:42 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Holy piss I laughed

Do you remember when I used to repeat events in your life where your gay black lovers would say your full KMC name with the 9 at the end? That shit gets me everytime. The fact that you're doing it now? Exquisite

laughing out loud laughing out loud ...I don't remember this.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:40 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why did you stop posting in the comic vs forum? Carver9 got a good memory so I remember your last words here.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

What the fck is this!? Happy Dance

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:44 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

laughing out loud laughing out loud ...I don't remember this.
Took 2 seconds. Though I didn't post your name this time. There's a couple others but I'd have to remember the black guy names to google them. I'm pretty sure "Jamal Carver9" will turn up one though.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What that you flip flop?

That you teeter so constantly at the edge of saying your character wins that you might as well be arguing for them to win?

You said that Thanos would have like the hardest longest fight of his life. In Carver logic this means that "I don't think my character loses but I don't want to argue it or look like a fool so I'll just say that it's incredibly tough and close."
And then you flip flop to your real opinion.

Let me put it to you in a way you understand:

Say you and Deshawn are talking about anal. You bring it up like you want it at the very moment. But Deshawn is tired at the moment and in a bad mood. But you really really want anal at the moment, so you keep teetering on the edge of outright asking about it. Then Deshawn gets mad and he's all arguing with you about it. Then you argue back that you never actually said it as a defense. And you didn't. But you talking about douching out your butthole this morning, bleaching your anus, and slathering peanut oil around the sphincter minutes before Deshawn came home kind of defeat your point.

And that's what you do everytime you argue that a character has the hardest fight of their life. You slather peanut oil around your butthole. You're implying something so much that it's not hard to see your intentions. That doesn't go for everyone mind you, but it goes for you especially considering how much you "flip flop", though it's really just you telling your truth.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:13 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jamallaughing out loud

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:15 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It was DeAndre. There's another one in that thread too. I can't for the life of me find one where I was using quotes where people called you Carver9 from KMC though. I know I've used it before though

Anyway to refresh your memory

Originally posted by One Big Mob

Also, the point of "returning" completely flew over your head. They can't be at the optimal strength level if their powers are returning. Like, ****. If your strength is returning than you are not at full power. Simply put.
If you're beating cancer, then you haven't beat cancer. If you're tossing your buddy Jayshawn's salad, then you haven't tossed his salad.

Let's go DBZ here.
Goku is powering up to SS3. Is he at full power? No, of course not. You'd be a real piece of crap to think otherwise. If Goku powered up to SS3 then one could argue it.

Let's do a scenario here since you still won't understand:
Let's say one day you ask your buddy - oh let's call him DeAndre - to poop on your chest so you can be in ecstasy. Let's say he just starts laying a greasy log down on your chest. Laying being the key word, since he is right now pooping on your chest. But let's say you haven't had the pleasure of the fecal matter plopping down on you, so you aren't quite satisfied with the result. Now even you wouldn't say he has finished right? I mean, the feces hasn't even hit your chest yet.
And that's what was happening with the League's strength right then. They were pooping on your chest. It was an unfinished product.
What you're looking for is returned or pooped. What you're looking for is DeAndre's leftovers staining your chest as it coils up nicely a couple feet from your face. Then I don't know what you do afterwards, but I'm guessing you guys rub it in with your chests or whatnot. But I'm not talking about that.
Imagine the feeling you get when seeing the poop coming out to soil your skin. It's good, but you know it will feel a hell of a lot better when it has been fully pooped out and the deed is done.

The League was that feeling. They haven't yet finished their poop on your chest.

You are not at full power if your strength is returning. You are not at full power if your powering up. Not that it matters since they didn't even appear to be pushing, nor would it really have mattered if they did. They were backdrop waiting to be thrown askew.

What you're arguing has more holes in it than your posters of Bieber.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It couldn't even state the origin of his super strength or how it works. You think it's logical to assume he can suddenly stack strength on strength? You and even I were given really no detail of how his powers worked, and considering none of his feats support stacking strength, it seems unlikely. All we know is he copies powers. It wasn't said that he copies strengths.

Here should be the last example needed to explain it:

Say you're sucking on your dawg Tyrell's toes. And you're tickling and massaging his feet at the same time and whatever the hell else you do. Now this act alone gets you to full mast. You maxed out, that's it for you.
Now if your eastern buddy Ping Ling comes out of nowhere and plops his feet next to Tyrell's what is that going to do? 4 feet right in your face. And keep in mind Ping Ling would normally be enough, but compared to Tyrell he might as well be the DC character to Tyrell's Hulk. Ping Ling and his feet are just inadequate in comparison.

So, is Ping going to somehow change your density? Probably not. If anything he's probably going to just make you make a mess.

And that's what this is. Amazo already had Tyrell's feet in Superman's strength. Even if some Ping Ling feet come along that isn't going to put him over. Unless otherwise stated you aren't going to turn from rock solid to diamonds and Amazo's strength isn't going to start stacking stacks on stacks.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:37 AM
carver9

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:08 AM
tkitna

It has nothing to do with magic. I'm arguing that if Ares took a full swing with his axe and hit Superman in the side with it (like he did to Sentry) then its going to jack Superman up bad. Others are saying he would casually shrug it off for some reason. I'm calling BS.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:30 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman, in his own comics, has issues dealing against a single opponent most of the time (Anguish, Ghost, Soldier, Predator-like creature, Atomic Skull, etc...).

If he had to face the large number of characters that Sentry faced in Siege, Superman would be turned into a punching bag.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:00 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 26th, 2016 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:05 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Superman, in his own comics, has issues dealing against a single opponent most of the time (Anguish, Ghost, Soldier, Predator-like creature, Atomic Skull, etc...).

If he had to face the large number of characters that Sentry faced in Siege, Superman would be turned into a punching bag.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:28 PM
LordofBrooklyn

thumb up

Sentry was essentially going all out during SIEGE.

A Superman with a comprable mindset is a beast for anyone.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:39 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry was essentially going all out during SIEGE.

A Superman with a comprable mindset is a beast for anyone.

Nope.

The Sentry that you have read in Siege wanted to die because of his evil deeds and asked Thor to kill him and allowed this to happen.

Sentry was going all out in the alternate version of Siege in the "What if ? 200" and casually one-shotted (= killed) all of Earth heroes before rampaging the Universe.

Superman isn't even close to that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:48 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not sure Superman can replicate what Sentry did at all, tbh.

Saying that, it'll take a fair bit more than Ares's axe to put him down.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Nope.

The Sentry that you have read in Siege wanted to die because of his evil deeds and asked Thor to kill him and allowed this to happen.

Sentry was going all out in the alternate version of Siege in the "What if ? 200" and casually one-shotted (= killed) all of Earth heroes before rampaging the Universe.

Superman isn't even close to that.

Clearly you didn't read SIEGE or you can't comprehend the events in the story.

The Sentry was CLEARLY going all out at certain points.

The internal conflict within these events is the heart of the story.

When he did The " Death-Grab" to Thor and the Odinson had the same look as Ares plays right into that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:12 PM