KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
What good games have they made? Any on PC?

Well there's some that are multi-platform that made it to the PC

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Legend of Korra
Transformers: Devastation

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 09:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Surtur
What good games have they made? Any on PC?

When most of them were at Clover Studios, they made Ōkami (imho their best game ever), God Hand and the Viewtiful Joe games. All 3 are classics in their own way.
As PlatinumGames, they've made Vanquish, Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Metal Gear: Revengeance, and Transformers: Devastation.

The last 2 are the only ones out on PC that are good in my opinion.

Devastation is something of a G1 fan's wet dream. Now all they need is a very good Beast Wars inspired game.

Legend of Korra was out on PC too, and it was a decent, but kind of repetitive, game.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 02:48 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least Korra was budget price, though. Devastation being mediocre at full price would have killed them.

I could spend a good half hour/hour just role playing as Grimlock tearing up the Autobots in S1 G1, or beating down IDW Optimus and Megatron when he finds out Prime basically let Megatron off the hook when the war ended. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 03:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm sure this game will be panned by the Turtles in Time imperialists no matter how good or bad it actually is. Definitely considering and anticipating this though. Actually enjoyed Out of the Shadows, even though I see why others may not have.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 09:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Turtles in Time is definately overrated.

It's good, sure. Especially the SNES version. But there's been plenty of other decent Turtle games, imo.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually enjoyed the original NES game. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 09:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Kazenji
This one is done by Platinum Games

so its going to be better then that last one.

Yea and out of the shadows had a lot of good things going for it but it was rushed

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 12:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by cdtm
Turtles in Time is definately overrated.

It's good, sure. Especially the SNES version. But there's been plenty of other decent Turtle games, imo.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually enjoyed the original NES game. smile

If you grew up with snes, turtles in time is not overrated. It set a standard that was rarely challenged and even more rarely realized in beat em ups

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 12:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
If you grew up with snes, turtles in time is not overrated. It set a standard that was rarely challenged and even more rarely realized in beat em ups

That would be Streets of Rage. stick out tongue

*** was all kinds of awesome, but it was also a bit repetitive, like most brawlers.

For my money, Streets of Rage 3 and Double Dragon 3 were benchmarks of the era. (DD3 was as close to Platinum Games awesome as you'll get for the era.)

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 01:25 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Lookin' good. I hope they make traversal a little better though. Looks cool, but I think it'll feel very stale very fast.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 06:51 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what they said about God Hand and Devastation. Devs and journalists aren't usually a good benchmark. You can't really tell much about a Platinum style game until you dig into the fighting mechanics.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 07:07 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Oh yeah, I know. I was just making a small remark about what I think about the platforming. Though yeah, it's just based on watching it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 09:01 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The platforming/traversal mechanics look pretty damn awesome to me. From livening up the control scheme to what looks like adding an extra layer to battle, it's a real step-up from what I can admit to being a nitpick I had with Devastation's level design. Hell, I think if it turns out well in this game, touching up on it would make it an ideal mechanic for a Metal Gear Rising sequel if that ever becomes a possibility.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:15 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Oh well....Platinum Games failed this time.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 08:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone else played it?

Looking at a $19.99 "sale" right now. I really hate downloading games vs owning a physical copy, but if it's good I'd consider it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 11:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Devastation is something of a G1 fan's wet dream. Now all they need is a very good Beast Wars inspired game.

No, that was War for Cybertron.

Devastation is a piece of shit.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 10:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Anyone else played it?

Looking at a $19.99 "sale" right now. I really hate downloading games vs owning a physical copy, but if it's good I'd consider it.

4/10

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 10:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

no expression

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 11:49 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, that was War for Cybertron.

Fall for Cybetron, actually. War was just an "ok" Gears ripoff, FoC felt more like playing a Transformers show.

Devastation is bad if yiu're not into Platinum style. For my money, the story was right out of the cartoon, and the gameplay was fun.

I could spend an evening just beating on Prime and Megatron using Grimlock with a big arsed hammer.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 02:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Fall for Cybetron, actually. War was just an "ok" Gears ripoff, FoC felt more like playing a Transformers show.

Devastation is bad if yiu're not into Platinum style. For my money, the story was right out of the cartoon, and the gameplay was fun.

I could spend an evening just beating on Prime and Megatron using Grimlock with a big arsed hammer.

War for Cybertron was the better game between, War and Fall. It was a great story written for complete fan service. I fail to see your comparison to Gears of War. The two games play nothing alike. The only similarities i can see are the muted color pallets.

Devastation was a mindless beat em up with no depth or variation.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 08:03 PM