KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC: Rebirth

DC: Rebirth
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Was it confirmed it's him?
Not officially, no. I think his identity will be revealed soon.

On another note, I'm still not sure what the endgame is here. Like, where does DC go after this..? confused

Just seems like a convoluted mess at this point. Hopefully it gets more cohesive as time goes on.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2016 11:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
it was?? i have the issue but i have to read...

anyone read Slade's book yet?

does anyone care for Chinese Supes and Chinese Justice League?

Yes it was.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 04:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 05:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

And with a third fewer comics!

Nightwing did great! Everyone should be reading Detective. It's probably the best Batman run I have read in a while.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 09:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A really INTERESTING read about Rebirth and how it's all playing out with hints and whatnot.

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2016/08/...antagonist.html

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 01:27 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

I wonder if the Chinese Justice League turns out to be like Alpha Flight or enemy for the JL, like the squadron supreme.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:49 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by abhilegend
Rebirth crushed Marvel in July.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08...d-fewer-comics/

Well deserved. Most of the Rebirth comics I've been reading have been quite good. It seems DC has finally righted the boat. Meanwhile, Marvel continues to descend further and further into mediocrity.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 04:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ares834
Well deserved. Most of the Rebirth comics I've been reading have been quite good. It seems DC has finally righted the boat. Meanwhile, Marvel continues to descend further and further into mediocrity.

Which ones are you reading? I honestly thought the DCnU relaunch was a little bit better, because of diversity.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:09 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I have a lot to catch up on so far, they release them so often and there are so many titles its impossible to pick. So far I'm sort of caught up on Wonder Woman, but when I get paid I'll probably pick up the Superman, Justice League, and other Nightwing issues. Are the Batman Rebirth stories good?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:28 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:43 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by carthage
I have a lot to catch up on so far, they release them so often and there are so many titles its impossible to pick. So far I'm sort of caught up on Wonder Woman, but when I get paid I'll probably pick up the Superman, Justice League, and other Nightwing issues. Are the Batman Rebirth stories good?

Batman is always good, but I'm biased big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by carthage

Detective rocks!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 11:04 PM
Senor Cage

Can't wait until the Young Animal line comes out (Doom Patrol, Cave Carson, etc...) and hopefully the Wildstorm line gets rebooted. Jim Lee hinted about WildCATS returning.

On top of Milestone getting it's own universe and line. Far down the road, but still.

All is good.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 03:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Zack M
And with a third fewer comics!

Nightwing did great! Everyone should be reading Detective. It's probably the best Batman run I have read in a while.

For the Batman related books i've mainly been reading/following Detective.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 06:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by ares834

You don't think it's because of the reboot and new number ones, or the price reduction?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 12:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Deathstroke was pretty good this week. Highly recommend it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 01:47 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Astner
You don't think it's because of the reboot and new number ones, or the price reduction?

Oh, I'm sure that their sales were because of those factors. However, by "righting the boat" I was referring to them creating quality comics rather than sales.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 03:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I haven't read a lot of the Rebirth issues but a few of them were actually quite interesting.

But I am concerned at the sheer number of copycat characters running around these days with DC getting even worse in Rebirth. Marvel is nearly as bad. It seems to be exploding geometrically - I mean can anyone actually recall off the top of their head how many goddamn Supermen/women/girls/boys/kids, Batmen/woman/girls/boys/wings, Green Lanterns, Flashes, Wonder Womans, Spidermen/women/girls, Powergirls etc are currently active now? Last I looked at some issues there were like four different Supermen running around in one issue, preboot Superman sneaking around in another, Luthor Superman, Obama Superman, Chinese Superman, Chinese Batman, Chinese Wonder Woman, yet another Green Lantern, two Lois's, two Wally West Flashes, and about 50 new Flashes. Does every damn character have superpowers now, even Lois and Lana?

I think the current editors and writers need to learn something about maintaining the power of brand recognition. These characters lasted so long because they were iconic and people knew them - not by being diluted to kingdom come so that people don't even know who is who. What's so special about a character when there are a dozen others who all do the same thing?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 02:07 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Aug 31st, 2016 10:17 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jim Lee announces JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 01:08 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote