KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Shang-Chi should be introduced for the right reasons. Not because people need a token Asian character. But I remain optimistic that they can make it work.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 06:01 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Shang-Chi should be introduced for the right reasons. Not because people need a token Asian character. But I remain optimistic that they can make it work.

This could actually work very well. If Iron Fist introduces Shang Chi and creates a spin-off, then that could introduce Shen Kuei with Fu Manchu as a potential villain.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 07:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
This could actually work very well. If Iron Fist introduces Shang Chi and creates a spin-off, then that could introduce Shen Kuei with Fu Manchu as a potential villain.

If they could get the rights to Fu Manchu.

I remember Black Panther had to rename him, because of rights issues. Could be Marvel simply didn't want to spring for a one off guest appearance..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 06:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"With its lead actor now cast, Marvel/Netflix's "Iron Fist" series is speeding towards its start date. Finn Jones will play martial arts master (and sometime Hero for Hire alongside Luke Cage) Danny Rand in the 13-episode series -- but once cameras start to roll on the show, Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb will have to make good on a very specific promise.

During a red carpet interview with Comic Book Resources at the premiere of "Daredevil" season two in New York City, Loeb revealed that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." star Clark Gregg put in a request when it comes to the upcoming Netflix series.
"Before I get done, I have to make sure that Clark Gregg and Iron Fist get together," said Loeb. "I’m not saying Agent Coulson -- Clark Gregg has actually made me promise that he gets to meet Iron Fist. He’s a gigantic Iron Fist fan." While an on-screen crossover between ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and Marvel's Netflix series has yet to happen, it does look like there could be one behind the scenes if Gregg gets his wish."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 08:54 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm all for the idea of some kind of Netflix series/AoS crossover idea. They don't need to be team-ups or anything, but it would be nice if there was some acknowledgment that SHIELD is aware of the street leveler people, like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist etc. emerging and being active. Maybe even monitoring some of their activities to see whether they could be recruited.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 03:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 09:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
I remember Black Panther had to rename him, because of rights issues.

Yes. Han.

He got renamed again in Secret Warriors. Zheng Zu.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 10:00 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 03:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU wins again with this, this and the Luke Cage clip were ****ing amazing

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 09:17 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 04:26 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

After seeing Luke Cage:

Luke had "hot coffee" with Misty. Poor Danny. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 09:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"Netflix Announces a Premiere Date.

Marvel’s Iron Fist will officially smash its way onto your screen on March 17, 2017, says Netflix."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 10:52 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:00 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:22 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not digging the guy they cast, he looks too whiny and too hipster, a virtual milquetoast. Hopefully the show delivers like DD, JJ and LC did.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

LC delivered? That's news to me.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ares834
LC delivered? That's news to me.

I found it enjoyable. Not as good as DD or JJ, but worth watching.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 09:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

man freaking awesome.. can't wait

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 11:07 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
I found it enjoyable. Not as good as DD or JJ, but worth watching.

I enjoyed it as well. And so did most of the people I spoke to. Though, admittedly, I felt like the final villain was a bit underwhelming. Cottonmouth had far more screen presence and charisma than Diamondback did. I initially thought Mariah was crap but, thinking about it, I realised that I hated her because she was such a vile person. Which means the portrayal was actually good for a super unlikable villain (like certain truly hated GoT characters). laughing

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 03:39 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

All of the Netflix series have been amazing, I honestly like them more than most of the films

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:40 AM