KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan 3.0 vs. Exar Kun

Revan 3.0 vs. Exar Kun
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ngl but that was a pretty big letdown.

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2016 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoked12345
Restricted

Account Restricted

ur tryna look clever but ur 11 nd everything ur say is wrong, its annoying

Old Post May 28th, 2016 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Smoked12345 a Private Message Find more posts by Smoked12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm not a debater.

thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2016 09:07 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The Ellimist
thumb up

http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/r...er-being-raped/.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2016 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I'm gonna post a reply, although tbh putting peak Kyp on Palpatine's tier might be more useful to me.

Old Post May 28th, 2016 09:39 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

>ignores statement that Yavin IV's temples provided Kun the power to maintain his incorporeal will and persist beyond the void, nothing more. (Better go read I, Jedi)

>Ignores the fact that 'very powerful' barely describes Jedi!Kun, nevermind Prime Kun who is stated by Tom Veitch to be his most powerful incarnation.

>ignores the fact Kyp Durron amped by the Great Temple is stated to be feeble in comparison to being boosted by Exar Kun's 'black-ice power', in a quote you just posted. If you argue it's a question of mastery I'm going to have to conclude you lack reading comprehension.

>Also ignores the fact that Exar Kun is only capable of summoning some of his powers through Kyp Durron, not all of them.

Exar Kun being more powerful in his prime is supported by all evidence and thus his ability to defeat Jedi Academy Luke in another confrontation is very highly likely.

Skillz agrees and even stated that denying otherwise is a sign of stupidity, so there's that. Ellimist converted, ILS argues similar facts.

It's all but accepted fact by now, Beni tried and didn't get far at all, Zoltan doesn't even try. Your resistance is just not even worthy tbh.

Also, Kun defeating Luke is hardly the only feat, his choking the entire melded academy at once is also a feat of supremacy to be considered when discussing the Spirit of Exar Kun.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on May 29th, 2016 at 02:10 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:06 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by AncientPower

>Also ignores the fact that Exar Kun is only capable of summoning some of his powers through Kyp Durron, not all of them.

Yeah, this is the big one.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:07 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 29th, 2016 at 02:17 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:15 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

As if Naga Sadow was as powerful possessing Eison Gynt when he lost to a second-rate Sith spy.

As if Marka Ragnos was as powerful possessing Tavion Axmis, heck just to summon his spirit required the power of numerous dark side focal points.

As if Valkorion is as powerful possessing Outlander.

There's no evidemce that spirits are as powerful when possessing lesser hosts.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on May 29th, 2016 at 02:21 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:19 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I stated numerous times in my post I agree that physical Exar Kun is more powerful than spirit Exar Kun.

Do you get mixed up with the collector's edition of my post, Kulvax?

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:20 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I addressed that in my post. laughing out loud

http://www.k5learning.com/reading-c...sion-worksheets

You pointed out, but you hardly addressed it, more like handwaved it.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:20 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I stated numerous times in my post I agree that physical Exar Kun is more powerful than spirit Exar Kun.

Do you get mixed up with the collector's edition of my post, Kulvax?

Did you get mixed up on claiming that a nexus and Kyp makes up for that? Because neither of them do as is stated in lore repeatedly.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:22 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Durron alone makes up for that. The nexus is just overkill.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:23 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

But he doesn't...hence the "some of his powers" quote. no expression

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:24 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It explicitly states neither of them do, reading comprehension dear.

You're essentially just sticking your head in the sand and pretending your post has any credibility.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:26 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Kulvax, you're popping your head into this thread and bitching randomly about vague aspects of my post.

Contribute or begone.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:27 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Kun had a great many other powers he was incapable of weilding without the energies required to fuel his disembodied will, some of them he could channel through Kyp, Streen or Gantoris. This is explicit, hardly debatable.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:28 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It's not vague.

Exar Kun himself possessed a great many other dark powers that he was unable to harness without the energy he needed to fuel his disembodied will. Some of these powers he was able to channel through Kyp, Gantoris, and Streen to achieve his ends.
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook

This was perhaps my most emphasized piece of evidence, and I don't think you addressed it at all.

Last edited by The Ellimist on May 29th, 2016 at 02:38 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:29 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Kulvax, you're popping your head into this thread and debunking incorrect assumptions that are essentially my entire post.

I better contribute something noteworthy Beni hasn't tried before or begone.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:31 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, that was one of the main things I was addressing in my post. I didn't know I had to spell everything out for you two to actually get it.

I agreed Exar Kun's spirit is weaker than the flesh, but as my post pointed out, and you seemed to agree, the gap is not significant at all, and by the time he fought Luke Skywalker, barely even noticeable, given he was once again able to affect the physical realm, which is a spirit's main limitations and sign of weakness in comparison to it in a physical form. On a larger scale, like I said, reference back to Vitiate on Yavin IV and Ziost.

However, the fact spirit Exar Kun cannot wield all the powers of physical Exar Kun does not mean that the former is significantly weaker than the latter - just that it is weakened (if even), for it has to reserve more power to sustain its will, so it can't do large-scale Sith sorcery or rituals. As my text also pointed out, Exar Kun's spirit, as of his fight with Skywalker, should have enough reserves to bring to bear most of his powers, as supported by the fact that a quote reads that he brought down all of a Dark Lord of Sith's power. The additional aid of the nexus should allow him to fully exercise his powers without having to keep any of his own base power in reserve.

I've already explained this before. You pride yourself over being a Harvard debater but you can't comprehend even some basic shit.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 29th, 2016 at 02:35 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2016 02:32 AM