KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength

Namor vs Aquaman comparative strength
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Not bad considering Asgardian Gods are suggested to have a muscle density 3x that of a human only difference is their skin and bone tissue is 3x as dense of that of a human as well.

What comic that was stated in?

Just don't mention handbooks or internet bios, we don't really use those here.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 04:35 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What comic that was stated in?

Just don't mention handbooks or internet bios, we don't really use those here.

Think it was mentioned in the Marvel Handbook/Guidebook which I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted cause I see that as the company suggesting who the character is and where they place said character.

Regardless Aquaman's muscles are denser then steel by the statement and he has feats that put him Class 100 in both continuites without powerscaling.

Here's the statement by company though in case anyone wanted to see it.
http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...61526-tumbl.jpg

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on May 3rd, 2016 at 05:20 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:10 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanks. I never mind having more scans to troll Thor fans with stick out tongue

We generally value on-panel statements higher, though.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Thor is stated to be able to lift 95 tons in that bio.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thanks. I never mind having more scans to troll Thor fans with stick out tongue

We generally value on-panel statements higher, though.

Fair enough by feats though they both should be higher then some statements that have been made though.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:32 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

"Thor can lift 95 tons" not "Thor at most can lift 95 tons" reading comprehension mate.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:39 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Asgardians can lift about 30 tons, Thor can lift 95.

What in that sentence makes you believe about "Nah, Thor can lift 500 tons but we give him the number of 95 tons just for shits and giggles.?

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 05:51 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Asgardians can lift about 30 tons, Thor can lift 95.

What in that sentence makes you believe about "Nah, Thor can lift 500 tons but we give him the number of 95 tons just for shits and giggles.?

As far as I'm concerned it's just giving him a base level.

The fact is says "Thor can" as far as I'm concerned just suggest something he's capable of doing it doesn't suggest that's his limit unless there's words edged between the sentence that are microscopic saying "at most' lift 95"

Same thing with character being stated as Class 100 to suggest there 100 tonners but some can lift twice as much.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Equal to Wonder Man and Ulik!

rolling on floor laughing

http://www.marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels/95.htm

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:26 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

As far as I'm concerned it's just giving him a base level.

The fact is says "Thor can" as far as I'm concerned just suggest something he's capable of doing it doesn't suggest that's his limit unless there's words edged between the sentence that are microscopic saying "at most' lift 95"

Same thing with character being stated as Class 100 to suggest there 100 tonners but some can lift twice as much.

Seriously?

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:48 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Not bad considering Asgardian Gods are suggested to have a muscle density 3x that of a human only difference is their skin and bone tissue is 3x as dense of that of a human as well.
None of Aquaman's bios bill him over 350lbs, Thor's consistently been billed at 640lbs, but I guess it also says in Asgardian bios that "it may have an impact on their weight". Thor is bulletproof and Aquaman is nearly

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:52 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by psycho gundam
None of Aquaman's bios bill him over 350lbs, Thor's consistently been billed at 640lbs

? How much they weigh? Superman weighs like 235lb and he's stronger then both of them by feats.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:54 PM
EcstaticGrace

Seriously?

It's honestly how I see it or how I see it could be read as. I will admit it sounds like a strange number though to list. Current handbooks just say he's class 100.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:55 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

None of it matters; there is no correlation

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 06:56 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Thor is bulletproof

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 07:22 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

That post was anticipated

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 07:32 PM
MrMind

based on what current Namor did to the avengers safe to say current Namor is certainly above Aquaman. Namor is herald level

but Aquaman strength is being constantly downplayed

thought this was a interesting debate
so im gonna some scans showing aquaman's strength

He has lifted a city block, a cruise ship and building, lift and throw a sunken ship at the Dead King, lifted an OIL RIG, tossing a submarine off the ocean floor and out of the water

keep in mind this is both his pre52 and nu52 feats, I say strength wise he's def between high meta and low herald, adding TP he's one of the top of high meta

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...94214-aquam.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...84941-aquam.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...hegroup_010.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DhPdUnZ.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...-tumbl.png.jpeg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...9%2B021-006.jpg

He also rack up some nice feats in drowned earth I'll see if I can find them.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 11:49 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't know if you can say he's as strong as Namor (I heard Namor got some nice feats lately), but Aquaman is solidly in the herald-tier strength-wise. Even if you want to argue that it's on the lower end, it's just not been as consistently shown as it is nowadays.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 08:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

By comparative showings, Namor is stronger than anybody in Marvel other than Hulk/Sentry.

I somehow doubt that he's going to stay that way.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Namor vs Asgard in War of Realms please. That's the only way the payoff could be worth... this

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote