KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan 3.0 vs. FotJ Luke Skywalker (peak performance)

Revan 3.0 vs. FotJ Luke Skywalker (peak performance)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Damn, Grievous led the Separatist army. He must be able to solo Revan as well. Revan wouldn't dare face the Separatist army.

Yeah, because Revan doesn't want to be cut off from the Force. I've been up 36 hours, and I might be more coherent than you.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:53 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Nihilus, who eats worlds, isn't impressive in SWTOR, where a grand total of one character replicated the same feat. Coherent. thumb up

So you concede that Revan is afraid of facing the Triumvirate and thus by the impeccable logical prowess of Ant, that confirms Nihilus > Revan?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:59 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
The point being that Ant makes the claim that Jedi Revan must be more powerful than Darth Nihilus because Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anybody she's met.

My point is that this can't include Darth Nihilus, because if she thinks his power is impossible and later that her aforementioned estimations of his power were underestimates, then she can't have the existing mindset that a Revan she has already met is more powerful. Why would she considered Nihilus' power impossible if she thinks Revan is the GOAT among people she has met.

It's nonsensical, therefore she must not be considering Darth Nihilus in an estimate of Revan's command of the Force, something there is a pre-existing precedence for. Meetra Surik and Kreia don't consider Darth Nihilus' titanic prowess in the Force to be conventional, infact they outright have the mindset that his power controls and thus consumes him. In other words Nihilus has no command of the Force, he is an aberration.

The massive irony being Revan's vaunted status as the heart of the Force in Kreia's point of view, because Revan is the conventional Force powerhouse whereas Nihilus is exactly the opposite of that.

LOL, so you're saying that when Meetra claimed that Revan's mastery of the Force surpassed that of anyone she'd ever met, the narrator forgot to add "well, anyone except for Nihilus, who is so unfathomably powerful that I can't even imagine his power, so I'm not even going to include him in my assessment and just claim that Revan is GOAT to intentionally deceive anyone who might be recording my thoughts"?

Nihilus does have an unconventional relationship in the Force that manifests in attributes like his drain, which is why I said that he could probably defeat Darth Revan in a fight. That doesn't invalidate Meetra claim that Revan Reborn's mastery is greater. Nihilus just has a special move.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:01 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nihilus, who eats worlds, isn't impressive in SWTOR, where a grand total of one character replicated the same feat. Coherent. thumb up

Apparently not. He was given a sidequest on the shittiest planet in game where he's a footnote. Randoms can destroy cities. Nihilus is nothing to them.
quote:

So you concede that Revan is afraid of facing the Triumvirate and thus by the impeccable logical prowess of Ant, that confirms Nihilus > Revan?

No ****ing duh he doesn't want to face an entire empire by himself. That's ****ing stupid.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Revan was scared of the Triumvirate's forces, the same forces the Exile smashed with a handful of people? Lol, pussy.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 1st, 2016 at 08:07 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Of course Revan's mastery is greater, I've never argued otherwise, he just isn't comparable in terms of raw power. Nihilus trashing the surfaces of planets and telekinetically moving a fleet of capital ships through space shits on any feat Revan has.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:04 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The Republic fleet defeated Nihilus, looks like I know your favorite game better than you.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:04 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Or, and get this because it might just blow your mind, Nihilus isn't as impressive in TOR. They know who he is. He has holocrons in the game. And no one cares, because Nihilus is no longer impressive.

I don't think that's reasonable. Nobody in the Empire sans Vitiate can replicate his planet-killing, and even Vitiate needs prep/nexus/ritual/his usual BS. It's a special savant move that doesn't translate into Nihilus's general Force mastery, but it's "impressive" nonetheless.

I don't think some sort of in-game question of whether his holocron constitutes a big quest changes that.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:05 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Ellimist
LOL, so you're saying that when Meetra claimed that Revan's mastery of the Force surpassed that of anyone she'd ever met, the narrator forgot to add "well, anyone except for Nihilus, who is so unfathomably powerful that I can't even imagine his power, so I'm not even going to include him in my assessment and just claim that Revan is GOAT to intentionally deceive anyone who might be recording my thoughts"?

Nihilus does have an unconventional relationship in the Force that manifests in attributes like his drain, which is why I said that he could probably defeat Darth Revan in a fight. That doesn't invalidate Meetra claim that Revan Reborn's mastery is greater. Nihilus just has a special move.

A) Given that Drew wrote an entire chapter that he literally just forgot to put into the book, I wouldn't put that past him.

B) Given that Drew admitted he didn't know much about Kotor 2 or research it very thoroughly, I wouldn't put it past him.

C) I'm perfectly content with the interpretation that Revan's command is better to Nihilus, meaning his master of the Force instead of power.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 1st, 2016 at 08:11 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

None of the Triumvirate's feats are acknowledged in TOR. Force Wounds aren't even a concept. It was all but retconned.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:07 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Apparently not. He was given a sidequest on the shittiest planet in game where he's a footnote. Randoms can destroy cities. Nihilus is nothing to them.

A sidequest where his holocron has to be recovered by the desperate Jedi who are making sure the Sith Empire doesn't get their hands on it.

No ****ing duh he doesn't want to face an entire empire by himself. That's ****ing stupid.

I'll give you awhile so you get the point, because you've been somersaulting over it and stating the obvious so far. I'll forgive you given your 36 hour induced fatigue.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:08 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

None of the Triumvirate's feats are acknowledged in TOR. Force Wounds aren't even a concept. It was all but retconned.
Wtf, no it wasn't.

The Republic fleet defeated Nihilus, looks like I know your favorite game better than you.

They mopped up after the Exile slaughtered their invading army on the Telos station, boarded the flagship, slaughtered the forces on board and murdered the guy mentally compelling everyone before blowing it the **** up.

But I guess that would be too much for Revan, and honestly it would be because Nihilus would kill him.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 1st, 2016 at 08:11 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:09 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It is almost as if you're purposefully deflecting the point.

Last edited by AncientPower on May 1st, 2016 at 08:13 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:10 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan was scared of the Triumvirate's forces, the same forces the Exile smashed with a handful of people? Lol, pussy.

Yeah, it's so pathetic that Revan is scared of a fleet of capital warships...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:17 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Compared to Malak's infinite forces and much larger standing navy, that is pretty pathetic. If that were what he was really afraid of that is. wink

I guess Bastila must have cut his balls off on their wedding night or something.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:19 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Of course Revan's mastery is greater, I've never argued otherwise, he just isn't comparable in terms of raw power. Nihilus trashing the surfaces of planets and telekinetically moving a fleet of capital ships through space shits on any feat Revan has.

He moves a fleet via a dark side nexus. Revan accessed the nexus as well, but he wasn't in a situation where he needed to move a fleet, lol.

Regardless, if you're just trying to contest Ant's powerscaling, you're obviously right, but I'm pretty sure Ant was joking. I don't think even Ant puts Revan above peak Luke.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:19 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Nephthys
Compared to Malak's infinite forces and much larger standing navy, that is pretty pathetic. If that were what he was really afraid of that is. wink

Revan had his own army, lol. And Nihilus has a haxxed Force drain that doesn't necessarily reflect the average of his other abilities, as I've pointed out.

Really, the idea that Revan is terrified of Nihilus's mastery of the Force, but then goes to personally confront Vitiate, is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, but thanks for lowballing Vitiate for me. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:21 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

By Ant's logic the points of view of characters carries such canonical weight, because apparently what Meetra thinks means Revan > Nihilus, which as I have proven is blatantly incorrect.

By that same logic Revan canonically fears Darth Nihilus' power and wouldn't face him given the choice. Just like his wife.

I don't actually believe that, just establishing a premise.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:22 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He moves a fleet via a dark side nexus. Revan accessed the nexus as well, but he wasn't in a situation where he needed to move a fleet, lol.

Regardless, if you're just trying to contest Ant's powerscaling, you're obviously right, but I'm pretty sure Ant was joking. I don't think even Ant puts Revan above peak Luke.

Nihilus was constantly maintaining that fleet with his powers, even through hyperspace jumps. No nexus required. Revan simply has nothing to compare.

Whilst he is joking about this particular thread, the guy has that very same powerscaling in that biblical text he calls a respect thread, he absolutely isn't joking there.

Last edited by AncientPower on May 1st, 2016 at 08:27 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:25 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Revan had his own army, lol. And Nihilus has a haxxed Force drain that doesn't necessarily reflect the average of his other abilities, as I've pointed out.

Really, the idea that Revan is terrified of Nihilus's mastery of the Force, but then goes to personally confront Vitiate, is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, but thanks for lowballing Vitiate for me. thumb up

I don't really know what you mean here. You mean the Republic forces? I don't see how they could beat Malak but Nihilus' forces would be such an insurmountable obstacle that Revan would turn and run like a total pussy. Obviously Revan would really be afraid of Nihilus.

It wouldn't be lowballing to put Vitiate under a guy who TK's fleets and obliterates planets tbh. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:26 AM