KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Marka Ragnos vs. Anakin Skywalker

Marka Ragnos vs. Anakin Skywalker
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Skillz PLZ stop, you're going to get banned and you're just very entertaining for the SWVF. smile smile

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'm sorry, Petrus, but this is my mission. That is to smite any fool who would deny the power of The Beyonder. And Lord of the Myths, I'm sorry for having to destroy your love for Lovecraft Lore. I once believed, as you did, that they were supreme. But alas, the tip-top Marvel and DC beasts like The Presence, Mxy, Beyonder, Molecule Man, etc are beyond even Yoggy and Nya. sad

1. I think it's funny that you mention how in Lovecraft Lore, our universe is insignificant to the Outer Gods. The entire transfinite Marvel Multiverse was similarly insignificant to The Beyonder, to the extent that it was compared to man discovering germs for the first time. And yes, Yog Sothoth cannot enter standard space without the Necronomicon and the knowledge of a man to summon him. You're assuming Lovecraft Lore is subject to some feats war where if some, "random hocus pocus spell" can allow Yog to enter space, surely he can do it of his own volition. Except that there isn't even the slightest indication of that being the case. And if your argument is that he doesn't care, then summoning Yog Sothoth wouldn't work anyways. It hardly contradicts Lovecraft's notion that Yog is limitless, it's just that he's barred from going into conventional space, most likely due to the fact that he's limitless. Nevertheless, that's a restriction The Beyonder doesn't have, who himself was a limitless being in the exact same way Yog Sothoth was, and was able to transform into a 3-Dimensional being and enter the Marvel Totality.

I'd argue that it doesn't imply comparable power, like at all. The daemons beat the monotone drums and blow the idiot flutes to soothe Azathoth, to keep him asleep. It has absolutely nothing to do with some comic-like conception of power. It remains fact that Azathoth is the creator of Yog Sothoth's creator, and in turn everything else in Lovecraft's lore, is but Azathoth's dream. When he wakes up, he'll be alone again. Like, his mere awakening will cause Yog Sothoth to simply...not exist anymore. As such, regardless of his unparalleled idiocy, Azathoth is the only truly all-powerful being in Lovecraft Lore, and nothing else compares. The only reason Yog Sothoth is considered the supreme archetype is because he's the strongest Outer God not named Azathoth, who's a complete and utter blind idiot god, and in turn...not really much of an archetype.

2. Except you have no evidence that there's an infinite number of multiverses involved, but rather a single Hilbert space-time globule. Also, you recall wrong, even the Molecule Man is a relative ant compared to the Beyonder at his full power, (note: at his full power. The Beyonder held back throughout all of Secret Wars). The Molecule Man literally compares The Beyonder's superiority to him to his own superiority over Captain-Freaking-America:

(please log in to view the image)

This Owen who's far more powerful than all the Marvel Cosmic entities combined, and can repair Multiverse-wide destruction in mere seconds.

The reason Marvel will always beat Lovecraft is two reasons: Versatility and context for power. Yog Sothoth doesn't possess nearly the breadth of abilities a being like The Beyonder has, who already possesses Godlike/Nigh-Omnipotent abilities like Causality and Acausality, along with the litany of Marvel energy attacks, (but just on a scale where he could, say, blow up the multiverse with his finger,) and other haxx abilities:

Yog Sothoth, conversely, has never even been in a fight, and we don't really have much context for how he even would fight. All we really have from him is his speaking being compared to universes converging onto one point to destroy it. Not only is that completely and utterly insignificant compared to what The Beyonder can dish out, but it's very flowery and hyperbolic in nature, (such as the various accolades calling Odin and Galactus omnipotent). As such, I'm definitely taking The Beyonder in a fight, whether it's the lack of restraint on his abilities, his versatility, or the context for which his Nigh-Omnipotence can affect a fight.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:59 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I always knew Michael Jackson would be back one day, to smite us all.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:02 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Owen Reece: Cat Man.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:03 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Very good. I will wait until July to start the bans. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Ant, it seems I've failed to uphold my status as a member of the Badabingites. It's an hero timing for me. smilesadsmilesad

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:10 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Wait, you can get banned by debating this stuff on the SWVF? Well... I ain't touching this topic, then. He of Supreme skills, this isn't over. I shall return!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 09:03 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

And I hope you do. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: an PM timing

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:32 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zampano is online?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote