KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Saw a couple of comments. Wondering what the complaint is now.. The Lucas hate never seems to end even after he listened to them and sold SW off.

Lucas will never escape the hate the PT brought on him, just one of those things.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The First Order is run by a Potato headed invalid and will be beat up by a girl.

So there.
Snoke is greater than Palpatine and Kylo is greater than Vader. Wait until you see Kylo when his training is complete.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 08:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Robtard
Lucas will never escape the hate the PT brought on him, just one of those things.

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure. If Disney keeps churning out SW films like clockwork and they tend to be rather uncreative or poorly made, I think people will look back at even the PT films with nostalgia.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 11:40 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I honestly think Ep7's vast similarities with the previous film(s) was Disney playing it safe out of the gate.

I expect Ep8 not to be a repeat of what we've seen, aside from the odd shout-out to a character or popular scene.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 12:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You're probably right. However, by the time we get to episode 10 they better begin to really shake up things. If they do another story with Storm troopers and X-Wings I can see it getting stale fast.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 12:45 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You bandwagoners really don't have any faith in my NU STAR wars.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 12:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Bandwagoners?

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 02:41 AM
quanchi112
Disney

To my First Order. It is mine you know.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 02:47 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

laughing laughing

Quan calling actual Star Wars fans bandwagoner's.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 04:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke is greater than Palpatine and Kylo is greater than Vader. Wait until you see Kylo when his training is complete.

Yeah. When his training is complete I bet he will be able to cry and blow his own nose all by his big boy pants self.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 06:02 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What I mean is he can't win. He makes new SW trilogy and gets hated on. He lets Disney make the rest and still gets hated on.

I honestly think Ep7's vast similarities with the previous film(s) was Disney playing it safe out of the gate.

I expect Ep8 not to be a repeat of what we've seen, aside from the odd shout-out to a character or popular scene.

Yes I also think we'll get a lot more originality in Rogue One and Ep.8. But ares made a good point about if they have the guts to let storm troopers and X-wings go by Ep.10. I'm not so sure they will.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 01:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

As much as I love Star Wars we need new IP. We need a new Star Wars and Marvel movies don't count.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 01:32 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. When his training is complete I bet he will be able to cry and blow his own nose all by his big boy pants self.
Did you forget who Anakin actually is ? He's the guy too girly in the end to do squat to his son. He's the guy in the end with tears streaming down his face when he attacks the Jedi temple. He's the guy in the end overcome with grief when his skank mother dies. Anakin is too weak for the dark side. Kylo isn't.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 05:33 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 05:34 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Yes I also think we'll get a lot more originality in Rogue One and Ep.8. But ares made a good point about if they have the guts to let storm troopers and X-wings go by Ep.10. I'm not so sure they will.

Those are a staple of SW, can't imagine they would. I personally don't mind seeing them, just give us a good story that has some originality and I'm happy.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 11:55 PM
Ascendancy

I really wish they'd kept more of the feel of RotS when it comes to how the dark side practitioners are handled. Kylo Ren was way too much emo, not enough evil. He seemed like a petulant teenager who had no grasp of his own abilities and who threw tantrums. It was a waste of a Sith, a waste of a potentially good character, and a waste of an actor that I enjoy seeing. I'm hoping a lot changes going forward. It wasn't a very amazing film.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 12:11 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Looking forward to this in an already stacked year of films for 2017, especially since Rogue One and The Force Awakens were great films. I hope they delve a little more about what Luke did inbetween ROTJ/TFA, and we get some amazing training/teaching moments like in the OT

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 01:17 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ascendancy
I really wish they'd kept more of the feel of RotS when it comes to how the dark side practitioners are handled. Kylo Ren was way too much emo, not enough evil. He seemed like a petulant teenager who had no grasp of his own abilities and who threw tantrums. It was a waste of a Sith, a waste of a potentially good character, and a waste of an actor that I enjoy seeing. I'm hoping a lot changes going forward. It wasn't a very amazing film.
What ??? Vader rages out all the time in rots embarrassingly so to lose his shit against Kenobi. Kylo didn't lose any battles due to raging out. Snoke's voice, his presence, is amazing.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 01:39 AM
Darth Thor

Problem for me that Ep. 8&9 have now is the whole set up of this trilogy is just way too similar to the OT. Which is always going to irritate me. And there's only so much Rian and Colin can do about that.

I'll obviously be excited when both those movies come out, and hope they're both very entertaining, but have to admit that's my least favourite SW era now, and I will be more excited for the spin off films. As R1 has shown, they have the most potential to mix nostalgia with something new and fresh, and give us variety.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 06:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Going to be some work to top the last 30 mins of R1.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 07:30 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote