KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Atris Runs The Legacy Era Sith Gauntlet

Atris Runs The Legacy Era Sith Gauntlet
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
My RT says collateral damage. Take it as you will.

Collateral of the Maelstrom, sure, but not the Lightning.

Anyway, not seeing anything Maladi has beyond Atris in any department - the latter should win resoundingly. Combat skill? Literally the only thing we have for her regarding a blade is a proposed off-panel clash with Shado Vao, even though she's clearly more of a Mage and the fight was more likely to be based on her using Lightning than clashing blades (much, at least). Atris being more skilled than Kavar, mastering Juyo and stalemating Brianna, who B-team'd the other Handmaidens, is better.

Knowledge? Maladi's ambiguously studied holocrons and forbidden knowledge. In addition to whatever she gleamed as the Head Archivist of the Order, Atris has studied dozens of ancient Sith holocrons which she claims give her access to ancient teachings of combat and the Force. Maladi hasn't shown any potentially combat-useful powers besides the usual TK and Lightning. Atris has Drain, Stasis, etc. She's ahead here as well.

Telekinesis? Atris effortlessly closing huge doors that can't be burnt through by a plasma torch, ragdolling Brianna, and throwing Brianna (albeit a defenseless one) across a room matches Maladi using effort to TK a Cade who seemed to be caught off-guard. Seems about even here - there won't be a meaningful edge either way.

Lightning? Maladi torturing some helpless people and Atris bringing an unarmed Brianna to her knees - about equal, again. Maladi did create a pretty big Storm alongside Krayt, but Krayt almost certainly did the vast majority of the work there, and Atris can fire Lightning Storms as well. Doubt there's much of a difference here, either.

Healing? Maladi appears to be skilled in the art, and can put others into a Meditation Trance. Which is nice, but not even remotely useful in combat. Atris healed herself from critical injury (potentially by a lightsaber, too) in just a matter of moments alone. Now, she was out of combat there as well, but the short time suggests that she could make some of use of Healing mid-duel - probably more effectively than Maladi, as well.

Atris beats Maladi and should get up to Talon.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:50 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Atris closing huge doors with TK? You sure that the doors just don't close on their own?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, they're open when Brianna comes back to fight the Handmaidens for the entire fight, even though there's nobody near them. It's not an automatically opening or closing door. In fact, if you go up to them and click on them, it says that they can't be opened by conventional means.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:54 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

There was no conventional means of opening them, and they clearly weren't automatic doors because the Exile goes right up to them and nothing happens.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:55 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ah, been awhile since I've played the game, so fair enough.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by SunRazer
Combat skill? Literally the only thing we have for her regarding a blade is a proposed off-panel clash with Shado Vao, even though she's clearly more of a Mage and the fight was more likely to be based on her using Lightning than clashing blades (much, at least). Atris being more skilled than Kavar, mastering Juyo and stalemating Brianna, who B-team'd the other Handmaidens, is better.

Shado was cutting down siths when was only a padawan and fodderising them in his prime. He was an unmatched duelist at the start of the series. He held his own against Talon in sabers, and he was better than Wolf who stalemated Stryfe to death in a sith temple.

Shado > Atris.

Knowledge? Maladi's ambiguously studied holocrons and forbidden knowledge. In addition to whatever she gleamed as the Head Archivist of the Order, Atris has studied dozens of ancient Sith holocrons which she claims give her access to ancient teachings of combat and the Force. Maladi hasn't shown any potentially combat-useful powers besides the usual TK and Lightning. Atris has Drain, Stasis, etc. She's ahead here as well.

There's nothing ambiguous about it lol. Maladi's knowledge rivals/exceeds Krayt's.

Healing? Maladi appears to be skilled in the art, and can put others into a Meditation Trance. Which is nice, but not even remotely useful in combat. Atris healed herself from critical injury (potentially by a lightsaber, too) in just a matter of moments alone. Now, she was out of combat there as well, but the short time suggests that she could make some of use of Healing mid-duel - probably more effectively than Maladi, as well.

Maybe, but Maladi was the top healer of an entire Sith Order. I wouldn't write that down.

Also you skipped the part where Maladi semi-successfully mind ****ed Cade who roughly a year prior casually resisted Karness Muur thumb up

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 01:32 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought Cade turned it around and started mind****ing her. That's barely a demi-success. More like an outright fail.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Maladi's knowlege neither rivals nor exceeds Krayt.

Especially since Wyyrlok's stated definitively to exceed her, even in the knowledge department.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Selenial
Maladi's knowlege neither rivals nor exceeds Krayt.

Especially since Wyyrlok's stated definitively to exceed her, even in the knowledge department.

Yeah right, that's why Krayt didn't even know what a rakghoul is.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Which is bizarre, given that his Sith Master was XoXaan...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 02:11 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Holy shit that's the stupider thing anyone's said on this forum in the past week.

And that's saying something.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

What a retort.

Except he didn't know, and that's that. Your tantrum won't change that.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 02:56 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Maladi was a master in alchemy, Wyyrlok III was a master of dark side knowledge and techniques.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 02:59 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

What a retort.

Except he didn't know, and that's that. Your tantrum won't change that.

Your initial line acts like your comment was a genuine argument. Here was me having enough faith that you were joking.

Knowledge of ancient species is ****ing irrelevant, Wyyrlok was already stated as having far more knowledge of Dark Side Techniques than her, something that you know, is actually relevant to a fight. Same with Krayt, he unlocked the holocrons of Darths Andeddu, Nihilus and Bane, some of the most infamous and teaching rich holocrons of the Sith.

Given that Wyyrlok could only uncover one of those after Krayt's death, it's pretty obvious Maladi, who'd have far more restricted access, also never got a chance to study them.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:31 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

He unlocked the holocrons of Andeddu, Nihilus, and Bane? I'm a stout supporter of Krayt as well, but that's just a lie--they all rejected him.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Nah, she'd beat Nihl but falls to Talon.

Talon above Nihl? Or Atris matches up better against him somehow? I confess I don't see any advantage Talon has over Nihl above except she's maybe more acrobatic.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by NewGuy01
He unlocked the holocrons of Andeddu, Nihilus, and Bane? I'm a stout supporter of Krayt as well, but that's just a lie--they all rejected him.

I haven't read Legacy in over a year, but I was under the impression he forced the holocrons open quite early in the series.

Edit: I always interpreted the "I take what I desire" line and the disappearance of them to suggest he'd overpowered them, but I see your point. Still, the point stands, Maladi's knowledge of combat applicable powers is shockingly pale in comparison to Krayt's.

Last edited by Selenial on Jul 24th, 2016 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:38 PM
cs_zoltan

Your initial line acts like your comment was a genuine argument. Here was me having enough faith that you were joking.

Says someone who thinks Atris would beat Nihl

Knowledge of ancient species is ****ing irrelevant, Wyyrlok was already stated as having far more knowledge of Dark Side Techniques than her, something that you know, is actually relevant to a fight. Same with Krayt, he unlocked the holocrons of Darths Andeddu, Nihilus and Bane, some of the most infamous and teaching rich holocrons of the Sith.

It's not knowledge of ancient species, it's knowledge of sith alchemy lol. Which falls under knowledge of the dark side.
Wyyrlok was never stated to have far more knowledge than Maladi, simply that he's knowledge is unparalleled. Which ironically includes Krayt too.

Also Krayt's knowledge was never been stated to be better than Maladi's iirc. If you have a quote by all means show it.

Given that Wyyrlok could only uncover one of those after Krayt's death, it's pretty obvious Maladi, who'd have far more restricted access, also never got a chance to study them.

Considering Maladi already accessed forbidden knowledge it's irrelevant erm

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:49 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's not knowledge of ancient species, it's knowledge of sith alchemy lol. Which falls under knowledge of the dark side.
Wyyrlok was never stated to have far more knowledge than Maladi, simply that he's knowledge is unparalleled. Which ironically includes Krayt too.

Also Krayt's knowledge was never been stated to be better than Maladi's iirc. If you have a quote by all means show it.

And please tell me how knowledge of alchemy is in any way relevant to the combat knowledge that Nova was talking about.

So just to get this straight, you're suggesting the Rakghoul thing is proof of Krayt's spymaster having more knowledge of the combat applicable arts of the Dark Side than him?

I mean I'd argue she's not even more knowledgable about Combat than Talon and Nihl, let alone Krayt.

Alchemy means literally nothing in an engagement like this, and wasn't what Nova was talking about at all erm

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 03:57 PM
cs_zoltan

Except that wasn't my argument at all. I said she studied all the holocrons including the forbidden ones. Then you threw your tantrum about Wyyrlok and Krayt hur dur, for which I replied with a documented case where Maladi's knowledge exceeds Krayt's.

Nice try to, now you can go back to retirement.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:02 PM