KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Pong Krell VS The Grand Inquisitor

Pong Krell VS The Grand Inquisitor
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He didn't though. Because he was never following it in the first place. He was only following Lucas, who also never followed Legends. In fact I'd be surprised if Lucas ever even read an entire Legends novel.

That's too much of an undertaking for 1 man who created this whole Universe. It can only work with a Canon panel workign on this from the beginning, which is what they've done with the new Disney Lucasfilm Canon. And as you've mentioned there will still be contradictions and mistakes.

He does, actually. He borrows quite a bit from Legends, and there's some references to Legends in both the films and TCW.

quote:
Sure, but he was never truly a match for Dooku. And therefore shouldn't be for Yoda, Sidious, Mace and Anakin either.

Grievous isn't a match for any of the tier 9's, that much is obvious.

quote:
Well he did beat Nahdar, and would have beaten Ahsoka had she not escaped. Bear in mind Filoni has Ahsoka challenging Vader.

Filoni has a much older and presumably more more masterful Ahsoka challenging Vader, not the one who fought Grievous, lol.

And he only beat Nahdar unfairly by drawing a blaster during a bladelock. I don't recall him even being at an advantage beforehand, tbh.

quote:
He's not just nearly beaten, but has actually beaten Kenobi in the unfinished Kyber crystal episodes. And he was only beaten by Maul and Ventress on Dark Side nexuses.

It's too bad he doesn't keep up this standard consistently, which is another problem TCW has. It's by far the most inconsistent medium in SW.

quote:
So like I said, apart from the Big 5 I mentioned above, TCW has at least kept consistent with the idea that Grievous is capable of beating any Jedi.

There seems to be the implication that Eeth Koth is his rough equal. And Grievous doesn't consistently keep up with that standard.

quote:
Yes, the novel gives Grievous much more credit than the film does.

Yes, it does.

quote:
If Lucas didn't agree with that concept then it wouldn't matter.

I'm pretty sure he did (personally, in fact), but failed to maintain that standard for Grievous.

quote:
Again, how can Filoni (or Lucas) ruin Legends when he was never following it in the first place?

It was the fault of Legends to try and incorporate every bit of Canon into it's continuity, including all the Prequels and TCW, despite knowing full well they were completely ignoring Legends.

Legends had to incorporate canon, lol. It began as an expansion of the films. That's no fault at all.

The Prequels did not ignore Legends - it even took some Legends ideas and implemented them. TCW is by far the worst offender. Prior to that, there weren't any major timeline issues or discrepancies.

quote:
b[]They wouldn't be as free though. I mean the Jedi Order wasn't wiped out 25 years after DE was it? So TFA wouldn't have been possible (not that that would be such a bad thing Lol).[/b]

TFA was the product of a Canon revamp, lol. We're discussing a potential film with Legends intact.

quote:
And they obviously want to benefit from their own novels and comics in that time period, and keep the whole history of the Galaxy up until that point a mystery.

Again, why would they keep Legends canon just to satisfy a few fans. When Lucas himself never did? Would make no sense tbh.

Also TOR is all Legends.

Lucas ignored Legends but still allowed it to flourish, even when he made the Prequels. And yes, TOR's Legends, yet it still offends the continuity drastically.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2016 02:05 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Lucas didn't ignore Legends entirely, he drew some stuff from it into the movies. Such as Courscant as I recall and the YT-2400, my fav freighter!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2016 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Lucas didn't ignore Legends entirely, he drew some stuff from it into the movies. Such as Courscant as I recall and the YT-2400, my fav freighter!

Yeah but same can be said for Filoni and the new Canon.

They didn't ALWAYS contradict it, and certainly borrowed elements from it (Ergo Thrawn coming to Rebels now), but they contradicted it plenty, because they were never following it in the first place. They just borrow what they like, and ignore/contradict what they don't like.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

The grand inquisitor lost to a early series Kanan. Pong krell although doesn’t have any dueling feats and little force feats is a Jedi master and would without a doubt be able to wash Kanan. He would do the same to GI

Old Post Aug 7th, 2019 01:57 AM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

The Grand Inquisitor has been proven capable of defeating Jedi Council level foes, when he casually brought down Jocasta Nu. Meanwhile, Krell has literally no dueling feats, and caught the clones by surprise when he attacked. Had the clones gotten the drop on Krell, things would have played out way differently. There's no proof that Krell is a truly formidable melee combatant against other capable duelists.

As for the G.I. being bested by Kanan, that was an EXTREMELY situational win on Kanan's part. Just moments before, the G.I. had been easily taking down both Kanan and Ezra like they were nothing, and prior to that, the Grand Inquisitor never even actually needed more than one blade active to tool Kanan. Season 1 Kanan<<<<<<The Grand Inquisitor. Heck, the Grand Inquisitor is well above both the 7th Sister and 5th Brother, both fully trained Jedi Knights who individually rivaled Season 2 Kanan.

I just don't see a valid argument for Pong Krell winning this. He's virtually featless as far as dueling is concerned, and his performance against a bunch of clones who he got the drop on is hardly indicative of his true combative ability.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2019 07:26 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Krell eviscerates

Old Post Aug 7th, 2019 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Underachiever59
Just moments before, the G.I. had been easily taking down both Kanan and Ezra like they were nothing,

I woudlnt say that. Kanan gave his best performance to date against G.I. that whole fight. Even before Ezra was injured he held his own quite well. Especially so considering he had been tortured for days.

That said, I agree it was a peak performance by Kanan, and G.I. always held the TK advantage over him.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2019 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote