KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » He-Man vs Thor.

He-Man vs Thor.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheManWhoLaughs

Thor stomps

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 08:50 PM
TheManWhoLaughs is currently offline Click here to Send TheManWhoLaughs a Private Message Find more posts by TheManWhoLaughs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
As your co creator of the respect thread, I wouldn't say he has a HUGE edge in versatility. He def has the edge, but The Power Sword's shown it's got quite a few options beyond cutting too.

As for this fight, I see it depending on how the fight's approached by each. Thor def wins the ranged game or if both are holding back, but if they end up bloodlusted in melee I see He Man as having a literal edge for the simple reason that the Sword is a cutting weapon. So I see Thor eventually succumbing to bloodloss even if He-Man can't score something like a decapitation or dismemberment. Being a cutting weapon is basically the only reason the Executioner's Ax is considered more dangerous than the hammer after all.

It's not the best matchup for Thor, I agree. I think there's a clear disparity in overall power - in Thor's favor - but that because of how they both normally fight, that's why Adam would have a chance. He-Man doesn't really absorb energy on the level that Thor can bring without end, so if we assume optimal power use, there's literally no answer for repeated lightning attacks from range. But yes, Thor could lose if he just stays in melee and brawls. But I also don't think that's assured because of how many times He-Man has also been KOd. So, like, combine those two together and I'm happy giving Adam maybe 2/10.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 06:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Digi
It's not the best matchup for Thor, I agree. I think there's a clear disparity in overall power - in Thor's favor - but that because of how they both normally fight, that's why Adam would have a chance. He-Man doesn't really absorb energy on the level that Thor can bring without end, so if we assume optimal power use, there's literally no answer for repeated lightning attacks from range. But yes, Thor could lose if he just stays in melee and brawls. But I also don't think that's assured because of how many times He-Man has also been KOd. So, like, combine those two together and I'm happy giving Adam maybe 2/10.

Oh I totally agree that Thor would win the ranged game and even has a good chance of winning if they just throw punches because he DOES have better durability showings, I was talking strictly about Adam going for the kill with the sword because he's got the better speed/agility feats and his weapon has a lethal edge. Plus he's got a "body shield" from the power vest to reduce damage from Thor's hammer.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2016 06:54 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

he's got the better speed/agility feats and his weapon has a lethal edge.

If he has it's probably negligible... Plus Thor is a sponge when it comes to cutting damage.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 18th, 2016 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 05:33 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If he has it's probably negligible... Plus Thor is a sponge when it comes to cutting damage.

Oh I'm in no way saying that he has a huge edge in speed agility, just that one exists. He's done things like run on sand so fast that it turned into glass and either create or unmake(can't remember which) tornadoes through sheer speed and such lol. That's not to say that Thor doesn't have impressive speed feats too because I know he does, I just give the edge to He-Man.

And I know he can take a whole truckload of cutting damage before succumbing to bloodloss, but a severed head is a severed head lol. Again, I was only giving He-Man the win in one very specific type of matchup.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 05:41 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Oh I'm in no way saying that he has a huge edge in speed agility, just that one exists. He's done things like run on sand so fast that it turned into glass and either create or unmake(can't remember which) tornadoes through sheer speed and such lol. That's not to say that Thor doesn't have impressive speed feats too because I know he does, I just give the edge to He-Man.

And I know he can take a whole truckload of cutting damage before succumbing to bloodloss, but a severed head is a severed head lol. Again, I was only giving He-Man the win in one very specific type of matchup.

Wow.. That I didn't know. Sand to glass from running? Wtf?!
I may have to concede that point.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 06:04 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Wow.. That I didn't know. Sand to glass from running? Wtf?!
I may have to concede that point.

Actually IIRC he was rubbing the sand(not running) to do it. And there was another instance where, well I didn't see the full episode, and didn't have audio for the clip, so I'm honestly not positive what happened, but it SEEMED like He-Man ran around to send a city to another dimension. Unfortunately the clip Digi posted is gone, so I can't give it(when I was able to hear audio again, I tried to get the clip but it'd been removed from YouTube). Maybe Digi can get it again.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 06:33 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

^
Just watched the sand thing. He rubbed sand fast enough to turn it to glass.

Come to think of it, I believe Thor does have hand movement feats that can hold up to that.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 18th, 2016 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 06:35 PM
DarkSaint85

I believe Thor does have hand movement feats that can hold up to that.

No, just you, celey wink

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 07:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, just you, celey wink

I believe...

U cheeky git.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2016 07:18 PM
Adam_PoE

People often forget that the Power of Grayskull grants He-Man new abilities, armor, and weapons to outmatch his adversaries.

For example, when He-Man faced the Snakemen, he was granted snake busting armor that could do all this:

With this in mind, surely the Power of Grayskull would give He-Man the tools necessary to match Thor.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 08:05 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote