KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman Died Who Would Be The Top Tiers in DC

If Superman Died Who Would Be The Top Tiers in DC
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Firestorm.

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U think Hal can fill his shoes?

Without calling you stupid, you're still missing the point.

With Superman gone some other character becomes number one, its pretty simple to understand.
Its not a matter of "filling his shoes", so much as taking the top spot regardless.

As for beating Doomsday?
He's gonna get beat, unless you think (which it sounds like you do) that he would have destroyed the earth or some shit, and that all of earth's heroes minus Supes would fail to stop him.
Doomsday faced a handful of characters out of what, low hundreds, of the metas on the planet in his first outing. None of which fought particularly smart.
So, again, not calling you stupid but, man you are being hilariously closed minded! laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It would be Captain Marvel. He's the one character that gets consistent lip service to being the equal of Supes powerwise, and he's even "pure" enough to fill the role cause of him actually being a kid. One of my favorite parts in the JLU cartoon was when Batman called him the boyscout and Supes was like "I thought I was the boyscout" to which Batman responded "So did I... till I met Captain Marvel" lol

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by darthgoober
It would be Captain Marvel. He's the one character that gets consistent lip service to being the equal of Supes powerwise, and he's even "pure" enough to fill the role cause of him actually being a kid. One of my favorite parts in the JLU cartoon was when Batman called him the boyscout and Supes was like "I thought I was the boyscout" to which Batman responded "So did I... till I met Captain Marvel" lol

Ha, i remember that!

Still, i'm trying to avoid the abstract "filling his shoes" aspect here; no one can do that. This is more "the President's died in Office, swear in the VP". Its a matter of next in line and it will be a new, different, administration.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:45 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Firestorm.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by riv6672
Ha, i remember that!

Still, i'm trying to avoid the abstract "filling his shoes" aspect here; no one can do that. This is more "the President's died in Office, swear in the VP". Its a matter of next in line and it will be a new, different, administration.

Yeah but filling the role is REQUIRED for having the top spot in DC, it's just the way the company works. No one is going to be put for to be THE go to guy in DC UNLESS he can fill the role of Supes. Now if you're just asking who's currently got the best feats other than Supes it'd prob be Hal, but even if Supes got permanently taken out he still wouldn't be portrayed as #1 because he's got too much blood on his hands and too many character flaws for DC to trust him weight of the whole company.

And actually, I don't see why CM couldn't fill Supes's shoes just fine given the lip service he's got going for him and his character. I mean yeah, he'd spend a year or two feeling inferior and have serious self esteem issues that cause him to come up short multiple times, but then DC would have a massive multiversal event and he'd step up to the plate and do something that could otherwise only be done by Supes, accept his position as the "go to guy" and then he'd start racking up the same kind kind of high level feats that Supes does. Basically the same thing that happened when Wally West took Barry Allen's spot.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:08 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

dr fate?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:12 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by darthgoober
[B]Yeah but filling the role is REQUIRED for having the top spot in DC, it's just the way the company works. No one is going to be put for to be THE go to guy in DC UNLESS he can fill the role of Supes...

Again, abstract.
We've HAD "Who can replace Character X" threads, and i'll usually fall on the cant be done side, but this thread phrased the question differently, opening it up to a new train of thought.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:21 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by riv6672
Again, abstract.
We've HAD "Who can replace Character X" threads, and i'll usually fall on the cant be done side, but this thread phrased the question differently, opening it up to a new train of thought.

Well as I said, if it's just a question of who currently has the best feats other than Supes then the answer is most likely Hal, but if the question is who'd be #1 with Supes out of the picture it'd be Captain Marvel because he'd get all of the feats that would otherwise go to Supes.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:23 PM
riv6672

Yeah, i know i only hit up one small part of your post, i just wanted to clarify where i was coming from.
I'm sketchy on Hal but from what i've heard i agree with you, and your reasoning for Captain Marvel is spot on (for me).

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:29 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Supergirl

Same powers only this time she would end up with the cheese feats. Feminism and all that.....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:32 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Supergirl

Same powers only this time she would end up with the cheese feats. Feminism and all that.....

There'd be too much overlap with WW with all the girl power stuff, DC wouldn't do something to throw the trinity outta whack like that. I doubt they'd bring in someone else with an S shield unless there were promoting some Superboy or using an alternate universe Superman. I actually could have seen them bumping up Kon-El pre flashpoint though.

If they make they replace Supes with a girl then they'd need to replace WW too, and if they got rid of two of the holy trinity they'd need to replace Bat's otherwise HE'D be perceived as the top spot by default... though I could actually see potential in that idea. Like Supes gets taken out so Bats build a permanent suit of power armor to fill the void and HE becomes DC's new #1. But that would be a big risk to revamp the whole trinity so I doubt DC would do it.

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 18th, 2016 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:43 PM
Insane Titan

Batman

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 09:04 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Kara would be the perfect vessel though. Same powers and I can see them going that route since in the end it's still a female character getting a bump. I don't see it overstepping Wondy much. It's more like now we have 2x the girl power.

She's always been relegated to being Supe's impetuous and impulsive understudy with only her attitude holding back her true potential.

Imo at least.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Oct 18th, 2016 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 09:10 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by hutchy1345
God of Willpower?

It seems like Hal is on course to gain power that he has never possessed before.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 09:19 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The real answer is Orion. Basically clobbered Hal Jordan.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 09:25 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i can see DC pushing Wonder Woman into that role.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 10:25 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I think Supergirl would be a prime candidate. This sorta happened right before the reboot in JLA. She was the "Big S" on the team. And in Earth 2, she was personally being groomed by Superman to take his place.

I'd be ok with it. It makes some sense and it's easy to justify a power bump on her.

If we're strictly talking who has the next best feats, then I don't know.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 18th, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 10:41 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Kara would be the perfect vessel though. Same powers and I can see them going that route since in the end it's still a female character getting a bump. I don't see it overstepping Wondy much. It's more like now we have 2x the girl power.

She's always been relegated to being Supe's impetuous and impulsive understudy with only her attitude holding back her true potential.

Imo at least.

Yeah but I still just don't see it. The reason Diana has endured in popularity all these years is because she's THE woman. Supergirl on the other hand... we've had like 4 or 5 of them now. Putting Kara in the top spot means splitting the relatively small female fangirl comic base between 2 characters. Honestly, you couldn't push Kara into the top spot without hurting WWs position. They could maintain both for a year or two, but ultimately I think it'd hurt sales(Kara wouldn't pull in as much as Supes does and WW would lose some of what she's got now) so I just don't think it's something DC would go for on anything close to a permanent/indefinite basis.

Not to mention the fact that between Kara and WW, which one is physically superior is kinda up in the air among fans. Clark has clear physical superiority which WW can offset to a degree with her gear, but Kara and Diana are so close that WW's gear should give her a definite advantage. To me, it would make more sense to bump WW to #1 and bring in someone else to fill the empty spot in the trinity than it would to try to push Kara into the top spot. The whole idea of the trinity is kinda dependent on the ideals, Clark is the TOP man in the universe, WW is the TOP woman, and Bruce is the TOP human. Too much overlap and the trinity is too unstable to support it's basic premise.

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 18th, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 11:04 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by dynamix
i can see DC pushing Wonder Woman into that role.
they would push her to head of the justice league

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 02:02 AM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote