KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman invades real earth

Superman invades real earth
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
His name aint Captain Marvel..its Shazam! bitcch

Its always going to be Captain Marvel.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:56 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
I get that Superman has more overall power, but if you really cheesed out the magical lightning and such, couldn't someone with Billy's powers have a reasonable shot at taking him out? Not trying to start a vs. thing here, just asking an honest question about a potential bad matchup.

I think post crisis Superman has enough speed and strength that he could win more often than not. Magical lightning didn't exactly feel good to him, but it didn't one shot him either, and I would think if Superman is fighting 100% seriously I can't see why he'd be incapable of dodging lightning. He also beat down Cap pretty bad when possessed by Eclipso, but it's possible his powers were being boosted.

I can't speak for the current Superman and if his weakness to magic is comparable. Likewise I'm not sure if current Cap has the speedfeats on par with Superman.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Re: Superman invades real earth

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
You have three choices

100 Pounds of kryptonite (can share with goverment)
Cyttorak Gem
Become Captain Marvel

Give me the Gem...

Supes doesnt even need to know I'm invincible; I'd just do my thing and stay out of his way...

I'd go to a bank, take a few million, find me a nice house on an island somewhere (take out the people living there), and live life comfortably...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:39 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Lol

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 12:59 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Marvel. And I will win the same way Batman does...by threatening his loved ones.

Abhi, prepare yourself.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 02:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Ill become the juggernaut. Ask my my demon god for full backing and beat superman to death. Remember the juggernaut can walk threw dimensions. Walk in space. Can power up way past anything superman can handle. Become 8th day juggernaut levels. Etc etc unless superman is more powerful then the demon that gives juggernaut his powers and he aint. So juggernaut mighty adam wins

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:02 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Whilst you're busy asking, he's already thrown you into space.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whilst you're busy asking, he's already thrown you into space.
then ill power up walk back to earth then beat him worst then doomsday did.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:58 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by mighty adam
then ill power up walk back to earth then beat him worst then doomsday did.

Without any navigational aids in space, good luck with that thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 09:08 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Cyttorrak gem.

You're going buh bye, and possibly for a very very long time Lol.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 04:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Superman invades real earth

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
You have three choices

100 Pounds of kryptonite (can share with goverment)
Cyttorak Gem
Become Captain Marvel

The only option that makes sense there is to become Captain Marvel. It would provide the person with comparable strength, speed and durability, as well as wisdom and magically imbued properties.

That may not be enough to overcome a bloodlusted Superman, but it gives one fair odds.

At least fairer than kryptonite - which is not as foolproof as some believe, particularly against a kryptonian who is either (a) using smarts (i.e. Vaporize the stuff from orbit) or (b) simply too bloodlusted to care (we have seen a number of times normal Superman not caring about K when he's angry enough, including tanking a nuke when K poisoned).

Also fairer than the C gem. Sure, it gives one a very high level of durability -maybe high enough to be invulnerable to a Kryptonian. However, it would still be a poor choice. Superspeed and BFR capability would be nigh insurmountable odds against a C gem user, and as someone else mentioned, they'd find themselves at the center of the Sun or a gas-giant like Jupiter. Or even further beyond.

However, the power of Shazam gives one abilities fairly analogous to a Kryptonian's - the only real difference being the super heightened senses and heat/wind/cold projection. BFR could not be used against such a person, and the person would be fast enough to fend off most attacks - and durable enough to absorb those that got through, and pack a super strong and magically imbued fist to make Superman think twice.

Finally, such a being may be considered a potential ally for evil Superman, and there is a real possibility one would be presented with an olive branch rather than a fist to the face.

Best choice in my opinion.

Last edited by spetznaz on Oct 24th, 2016 at 08:13 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 08:09 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Re: Superman invades real earth

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 08:09 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote