KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate Vs Sentry

Dr. Fate Vs Sentry
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iceman24567

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Fate at his best destroys Sentry without any effort.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 09:16 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by "Id"
Or maybe he was Canadian and part of Aplha Flight.

Those Canadian superheroes do have the tendency to get killed off panel.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 11:42 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

thumb up

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 12:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by tkitna
Doom hurt Sentry with magic but got warned to knock it off before Bob killed him.

He cast a spell that takes advantage of Bob's unstable mind, but in the end, Bob walks right through Doom's spells:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...5111-drdoom.jpg

quote:
Morgan Le Fey seemingly killed him only to have him reappear and decapitate her.

Which means that keeping him down/destroyed is a necessity to win. Plus, what she does to him is done in a complete surprise attack on a relaxed Sentry. It's as if she sought to take him out of the picture before the fight starts with the rest of the team:

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qi...rt_to_webp=true

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615...7d4e485f5_o.jpg

Last edited by TheHulkster on Nov 15th, 2016 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 04:05 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Fate wins. Strange has incapacitated Sentry with magic before.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:19 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by abhilegend
Fate wins. Strange has incapacitated Sentry with magic before.

He didn't - Sentry *volunteered for the experiment but ended up being "too powerful for this type of magic". And then Sentry KO'd him.

*If you could phrase it that way.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Nov 15th, 2016 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:32 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He didn't - Sentry *volunteered for the experiment but ended up being "too powerful for this type of magic". And then Sentry KO'd him.

I was thinking that magic was the worst thing that another character could throw at Sentry because of exactly what Tony Stark said to Doom when he used it against him and he screamed out in pain. Then as Hulkster pointed out, Sentry walked right through Doom's magical defenses as if they weren't even there. In my opinion, the Sentry was always as powerful as Death Seed Sentry but unable to utilize his full powers. I'm not sure if Sentry would beat Fate at the level that he's being used in this thread, but I think that it could or would end up with one of these guys being defeated quickly. If Fate can defeat him before he works through the spells that are thrown at him, he'd likely kill Fate much like he killed Morgan Le Fey.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:44 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Stoic
I was thinking that magic was the worst thing that another character could throw at Sentry because of exactly what Tony Stark said to Doom when he used it against him and he screamed out in pain. Then as Hulkster pointed out, Sentry walked right through Doom's magical defenses as if they weren't even there. In my opinion, the Sentry was always as powerful as Death Seed Sentry but unable to utilize his full powers. I'm not sure if Sentry would beat Fate at the level that he's being used in this thread, but I think that it could or would end up with one of these guys being defeated quickly. If Fate can defeat him before he works through the spells that are thrown at him, he'd likely kill Fate much like he killed Morgan Le Fey.

That point you made about Sentry's power level is something I've said before (not meant rudely, just as in I agree with you). It's reminiscent of the conversation between Iceman and Mystique (think it was Iceman). I think that is when confusion arises around whether the Death Seed was an amp or not. It's tricky to discuss really. Because on one hand all it did was unlock his full potential but on the other hand he needed the Death Seed to reach it but it only helped him release what was already there.

You end up in a neverending cycle.

I would post scans but I'm playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:49 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

That point you made about Sentry's power level is something I've said before (not meant rudely, just as in I agree with you). It's reminiscent of the conversation between Iceman and Mystique (think it was Iceman). I think that is when confusion arises around whether the Death Seed was an amp or not. It's tricky to discuss really. Because on one hand all it did was unlock his full potential but on the other hand he needed the Death Seed to reach it but it only helped him release what was already there.

You end up in a neverending cycle.

I would post scans but I'm playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time.

Dark Souls is a great game Scot. I've argued the same thing about War Hulk. The Hulk was always capable of rising to that level, and as we saw later, he even rose well above that level. The same can and should be thought of when talking about Sentry in concerns to the Death Seed. In all honesty, I don't see how Fate would be able to kill Bob, and that's what it would have to come down to if they both met. If Bob could reverse the Molecule Man's powers against him, why couldn't he do the same to Fate?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:58 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Dark Souls is a great game Scot. I've argued the same thing about War Hulk. The Hulk was always capable of rising to that level, and as we saw later, he even rose well above that level. The same can and should be thought of when talking about Sentry in concerns to the Death Seed. In all honesty, I don't see how Fate would be able to kill Bob, and that's what it would have to come down to if they both met. If Bob could reverse the Molecule Man's powers against him, why couldn't he do the same to Fate?

The only character(s) who could kill Sentry are either Hulk Killer Humanoid, or Dracula with Dual Adamantine Katanas and his army of bats, undead bats, wolves, undead wolves, skeletons, zombies, bats, undead bats and other creatures of the night.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The only character(s) who could kill Sentry are either Hulk Killer Humanoid, or Dracula with Dual Adamantine Katanas and his army of bats, undead bats, wolves, undead wolves, skeletons, zombies, bats, undead bats and other creatures of the night.

Or rage's Thor.

Or carver's Hulk.

Or stilt's Wolverine.

Or cdtm's Ironfist.

Or martianmind's Daredevil.

Or abhi's Superman.

smile

Enzeru's Sentry beats himself

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

and other creatures of the night.

This killed me lmao

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:29 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

That's basically correct. Specifically, Sentry allows Strange into his mind and Strange uses that opportunity to incapacitate Sentry and hook him into the machine where he attempts Dark Magic on him.

So Sentry is incapacitated by Strange, but only because he drops his defenses and Strange tricks him with illusions. But Sentry ends up being too strong for Strange's Magic and breaks free. So the statement of Strange incapacitating Sentry is deceiving in that it leaves out important context.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:35 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by TheHulkster
That's basically correct. Specifically, Sentry allows Strange into his mind and Strange uses that opportunity to incapacitate Sentry and hook him into the machine where he attempts Dark Magic on him.

So Sentry is incapacitated by Strange, but only because he drops his defenses and Strange tricks him with illusions. But Sentry ends up being too strong for Strange's Magic and breaks free. So the statement of Strange incapacitating Sentry is deceiving in that it leaves out important context.

Something to point out as well is that Strange failed against a Sentry who wasn't resisting (at the beginningg).

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:37 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

has he still not shown up in the ANAD Marvel verse? I feel like so many characters were simply written off

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:38 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Sin I AM
has he still not shown up in the ANAD Marvel verse? I feel like so many characters were simply written off

Nope he's effectively wiped out.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:41 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM

I've noticed that Marvel typically deep sixes characters that are too powerful because they don't know where to use them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:44 PM
Insane Titan

I've noticed that Marvel typically deep sixes characters that are too powerful because they don't know where to use them.
or too boring

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:47 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

That's the thing. If Sentry was here for Civil War II he might have stopped the bullet from killing Bruce then killed Hawkeye etc. He has not much of a place on Earth it seems.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:48 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm talking about New Avengers issue where Strange incapacitated entire Mighty Avengers team.

Not Sentry v2.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 06:49 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote