KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yes, this is a God I would be proud to call my Lord. I would love him almost as much as he loved me.

I would be especially proud of my Old Testament God if, should I die, and my brother marries my widow, the Lord kills my brother for not getting my widow pregnant.

What a great and wonderful God.

So God kills the guy because he was essentially defective. Almost sounds like some form of Eugenics.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 01:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Surtur
But it actually didn't happen. The bible says the Earth was created in a very short time span. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

where? just because it says 6 days, you immediately assume it was a 24-hour day... remember, the seasons and time were only created on the 4th day

Originally posted by Surtur
It would also mean God is a murderer.

how? by not sustaining the life of a human being? if you believe that God provides life, why would you accuse Him of murder when He just stops sustaining the life He gave?

it's like you're giving money to your parents or children monthly... and when you stop giving money, they accuse you of abandonment of financial support

confused

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 05:01 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by John Murdoch
[B]"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:11-12

The purpose of Jesus giving "The Golden Rule" is to tell His followers to love others with a giving, proactive love, to treat people as they would want to be treated. Like any of God's commandments, God doesn't have to follow them Himself. For example:

- B]

As above, so below.

Are you a father, and would you say to your child, do as I say and not as I do?

Further, scriptures say that we are to emulate God and his perfection. If God can say, do as I say and not as I do, then so should we all as we are told to emulate all of God's ways.

Right?

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:18 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

"Why did God give us such fragile bodies?"
God did not originally: the bodies of Adam and Eve were immortal.

If already immortal, then God locking away the tree of life made no difference to the immortality that you say A & E already had.

Seems that the immortality you say A & E had was somehow defective as they died.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:21 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The god of the bible is man-made, therefore he is a reflection of both good and bad, just like humans.

I agree, but does the God as portrayed in scriptures follow the Golden rule?

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:23 AM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

Which men made Him, if I might ask?

Scriptures come from Jewish plagiarizing the creation myths of Sumer and Egypt.

Read the end of the Book of the Dead and you will see the 10 commandments.

Read this link and see how Christianity reversed the Jewish version of Eden as the place of our elevation and not the fall that you believe in in spite of the biblical verses that prove otherwise.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013...ative-theodicy/

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:26 AM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Non-sequitur. God not living by his own golden rule would make him a hypocrite if we were to follow your argument to its conclusion. You offer no premise in support of the conclusion that God is therefore evil.Yes, it is irrefutable.

The golden rule as articulated by Jesus is "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Jesus was preaching to a crowd of people. Using your hyper-literary logic, the golden rule only applied that particular crowd of people and nobody else. laughing out loud

What's also articulated by Jesus and scripture is that God is the sole and divine judge over humanity.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/tg/j...-judge?lang=eng

Therefore, God clearly has a role different than human beings and thus Jesus was referring to God's divine judgment/authority when he was discussing the golden rule.

To put it another way, kidnapping people is illegal in the United States. Kidnapping is defined as confining someone against their will in a place they do not wish to be in. The United States regularly confines people against their will in places they do not wish to be in by sending them to jail. Therefore, if we are to follow your reasoning, the United States is breaking the law for putting people in jail and should be punished.

Nope, not just because of what I just said above, but also because Jesus says no such thing. Read the actual verse before making a syllogism about it. laughing out loud

https://www.biblegateway.com/resour...-right-hand-God

A figure of speech that represents God’s ultimate power and authority, and where the exalted Jesus Christ now sits.

Jesus is God's power over mankind.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:45 AM