KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

k

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 04:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Only three new characters on one side seems pretty rushed to me.

Also, who even wants Firebrand back?

Firebrand's cool. Like his design and all; not sure what you got against him.

It's the lack thereof on the roster I would have a problem with, not the listed characters in particular.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 07:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Admittedly I jumped the gun with Firebrand. I'm just wondering should the list be real what other possibilities you would get besides him. I don't hate him or anything. It's how small the roster is that has me so conflicted besides the lack of new characters. MvC3's roster is so big you have everybody for everyone.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 07:32 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 07:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The lack of Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong is irritating. With seven rereleases of RE4 on seven different systems over the years plus a remake of RE2 now in the works, you'd think that would be more than enough reason to put them in.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 12:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

I'd be satisfied if the leak had about ten more characters and they were all newcomers.(five for both sides) That way the starting roster will be the same as the original MVC3.

I haven't seen this particular complaint here, but on other sites you have people complaining about the Marvel side being nearly all characters from the MCU, though when you see the suggestions for characters that people make, you often see names like Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Black Panther, Punisher, Vision, Loki, Luke Cage etc... All of those are MCU characters, so even if most people were given what they want (other than Fox owned characters), you'd still have a MCU heavy roster.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:43 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, MCU focus was inevitable either way. I've kinda made my peace with that now even if some more Fox associated characters unfortunately have to go, but I still see some being at least DLC if nothing else.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I'm going to be honest, Capcom kinda lost me with the disasterous launch of Street Fighter V, and the Marvel VS Capcom franchise is obviously a tired old horse... I'm not sure if this is enough to lure me back.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:51 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I hear ya. I really want to like this game, but will have to see whether it's another SFV type of launch or something. Fingers crossed...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:54 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Guys, remember back in January when we had a roster leak before the new one last month?

https://www.thebitbag.com/marvel-vs...ers-leak/217702
quote:
MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.

Now NeoGaf user Ryce, the guy who posted last month's soul crushingly disappointing leak, said the one in January was fake. All of it. But...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpos...postcount=11743
quote:
I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

But why does he also list Rocket (w/Groot), Thanos, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Dante, Spencer and the possibility of Frank West, the same characters from that January leak he said was all fake? And who exactly gave him permission to allow showing this batch of info last month? He doesn't say at all in the thread he posted that in.

IIRC, Street Fighter x Tekken had a similar problem with leakers and Capcom tried weeding out the mole in their company with fake info they shared to select few who would go to people like Ryce and give that to them. It could be both leaks are connected and with a small few confirmations but most are fake (maybe) as Capcom is manipulating both to keep us guessing 'til E3 or the later months.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 11:38 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So the leak turned out to be real. Jesus...

Having no Xmen and F4 in the game was a tough enough pill to swallow but I accepted it. I also understood Capcom not having a say who gets to go on Marvel's side what with Disney/Marvel Entertainment holding the leash but they have no excuse not having more newcomers on theirs. Everyone on team Capcom is a rehash ported straight from Ultimate, no new additions aside from Jedah and Monster Hunter guy who are only just two.

On top of that, Black Panther, despite being in the story mode, is locked behind DLC.

**** this.

Pre-order cancelled. I hope it fails harder than Dead Rising 4.

I'm getting Ultimate MvC3 for PS4 instead.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 13th, 2017 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:27 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Yay for Thanos.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 05:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

From the Director of MvCI production......

https://pvplive.net/c/marvel-vs-cap...x-men-exclusion
quote:
Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.

So what Michael Evans is saying is today's Marvel fans won't remember or even know X-Men yet he's bragging about the Guardians and Black Panther 'cause you know they have movies yet we're just gonna ignore Logan and Deadpool, two critically acclaimed X-Men films that came out not too long ago, and pretend they exist on an alternate earth. If that doesn't tell you Capcom is feeding you this BS 'cause the MCU is holding them at gunpoint, nothing will.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 10:40 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. **** Infinite and everything it stands for. Good thing it was already dead to me after E3 and that I got UMvC3 as compensation. Still though,

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 11:01 PM
KCJ506

There was another interview and some of the comments made in regards to character's exclusions really didn't seem to be well thought out. For instance Combofiend made a remark about characters just simply being functions as well as Magneto being a favorite simply because he had an eight way dash and was really fast. We all know that's BS. It's because he is a popular, fan favorite and a long time beloved character in Marvel's history and if he hadn't already been in the series he would have still been heavily requested. Now if he had said people only want Sentinel because of what he's done in previous games, then I wouldn't have so much as batted an eye at it because that would be true for the most part.

The real reason is Marvel won't let them use any X-Men. That's the only answer. They probably can't or don't want to throw Marvel under the bus like that. But they could have handled that interview a bit better.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 07:24 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Definitely. It was one of the worst attempts at damage control I've seen in awhile which had the opposite intended effect for me and many, but ultimately, **** Disney and/or whoever kept them at gunpoint against having Magneto and other beloved characters back.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 03:44 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

When even Maximillian Dood is feeling awkward and uncomfortable around MvCI, you know somebody dun goofed.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Definitely. It was one of the worst attempts at damage control I've seen in awhile which had the opposite intended effect for me and many, but ultimately, **** Disney and/or whoever kept them at gunpoint against having Magneto and other beloved characters back.

Ditto.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 29th, 2017 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote:
"It isn't about number of characters, it's about if players have the tools to create an identity" MvCI devs

Riiight...

Already found some comments on the contrary to that statement and others by them, this one here in particular.

quote:
"They're just functions."

And that statement right there is what will help ruin the game and it's initial sales. If that were the case, you could have a gray character with no features, call him Anonymous Andy, and just cause you change the moveset and mobility he's automatically a new and fresh character. People don't play characters just cause of their moves. it's a factor but how they look also adds to the charm. Edgelord over the top character Reaper in Overwatch wouldn't be nearly as cool or fun if he was just some dude. Chipp Zannuff, president and ninja, would not be as fun if all he was was just "A function" that could teleport. MAGNETO DID NOT GET POPULAR CAUSE HE'S A ****ING FUNCTION!

Like, I want this game to do well but it's like Capcom/Marvel/Disney/whoever the **** is responsible is trying their hardest to hurt this games sales. Cause believe it or not, this is not just some start up franchise. This is not a game that has only functions. This game is a legacy game, both in concept and the characters within each universe. And you treat them like they're nothing, like they're just tools. Like they have no real value.

That's sad....that's really disappointing and sad.

.....On that note I guess we don't need Krillin, Android 18, or Beerus in DBFZ since they're just functions. Just put Saibamen with their moveset in and we're good HAHA!

laughing There's nothing the devs can do to make the game look better with their attempt at damage control, and honestly referring to them as just functions is kind of an insult to the characters themselves we love playing as. Sure, they all have their own functions as a 3v3 team (or I guess with Infinite's case 2v2), but a lot of us pick and play as someone because we like the character, not simply because of their playstyle function or what tier they are.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 29th, 2017 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 04:07 AM
KCJ506

In regards to modern Marvel fans not knowing who X-men are, they probably just detailed this more by mentioning those who actually are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Because in a way, they could be right about that. It's 2017 now and there are probably many teenagers that haven't seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the X-men games that came out in the 90s and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of their movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show and really didn't do a good job of giving the side characters any spotlight.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 08:01 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Shits ****ing lame. It's a ****ing travesty with what's happening to the X-Men

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 03:18 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by KCJ506
In regards to modern Marvel fans not knowing who X-men are, they probably just detailed this more by mentioning those who actually are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Because in a way, they could be right about that. It's 2017 now and there are probably many teenagers that haven't seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the X-men games that came out in the 90s and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of their movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show and really didn't do a good job of giving the side characters any spotlight.

So that justifies the industry taking a crap on the very foundation of Marvel vs Capcom? If it weren't for X-Men vs Street Fighter (the very first MvC game), this fighting series wouldn't have been a thing no expression

And while you're justifying the dev's lame excuse, we all know the reason X-Men characters got banned from the roster is because the MCU couldn't take credit and someone got jealous of Fox's Logan and Deadpool movies. Even Capcom knows this but they can't directly tell you without getting in trouble so they got to feed us this BS.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 30th, 2017 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 06:29 AM