KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs KOTOR II Exile, Traya, 20 elite Sith, Dooku, Angral and Atton Rand

Revan vs KOTOR II Exile, Traya, 20 elite Sith, Dooku, Angral and Atton Rand
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Yeah...game mechanics shouldn't be used at all, otherwise we could go in various other SW games and find a ton of BS that actually shouldn't happen, yet does anyway.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Laughable argument from IG-88LGBT.

Game mechanics are only non-canon when stated to not be relevant for story purposes.

It's canonical otherwise.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Laughable argument from IG-88LGBT.

Game mechanics are only non-canon when stated to not be relevant for story purposes.

It's canonical otherwise.

Except they are relevant in these cases, yet still happen when they really shouldn't.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm going to bed, but to clarify my points again before ShootingNova infects them with his retardation:

- Vaylin unleashed an attack that incapacitated Senya and Arcann, and yet Theron Shan managed to survive this. Thus, the fact he likewise survives Revan's cutscene push does not make the feat unimpressive for Revan.

- Theron Shan, Jakarro, and the other non-Force sensitives had a variety of energy shields that protected them from Revan's Force attacks. Thus, they were well defended.

- The dialogue quotes confirm that Revan was pressing the strike team. In the scripted mechanics of the game, Revan ragdolls the NPC characters. This is canonical - there is no argument that it isn't.

All of this is facts. ShootingNova has a personal vendetta against Revan due to his gross superiority to the Jedi Exile, who Revan can one-shot easily.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

quote:
"I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified."
- Revan
He did sound quite confident about it.

[personal headcanon: potential post-Yavin Vitiate > Valkorion ≤ SoR Revan > SoR Hero of Tython > Act 3 Hero of Tython > SWTOR Vitiate > novel Revan ≥ Foundry Revan] *shot*

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:06 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Geistalt
Act 3 Hero of Tython > SWTOR Vitiate *

The Hero of Tython defeated his weakened Voice, not his actual full-powered entity.

SWTOR Vitiate is >>>> the Hero of Tython.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:07 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Remember when all the hopeful theorists thought the Hero of Tython killed the Sith Emperor?

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's relevant he survived because you are hammering Revan for also not killing Shan in that Force blast.

Concession accepted, Christ.

I'm not hammering him because his Force waves are weak due to not killing Theron (that's likely PIS). I'm hammering him for not using internal TK or neck-snaps. Which suggests that he was on the defensive in the boss fights.

quote:
Where's the proof that internal attacks can bypass energy shields? Are you lying for the third time today?

Well, according to game mechanics, internal damage does go through armor... smile

Seriously, though? How about Jedi tearing apart droidekas with internal TK whilst their shields are up? Heck, the starfighters in TPM were blowing up droidekas, which proves that even external attacks can penetrate the shields if they're powerful enough.

You're remarkably stupid if you need me to prove that internal attacks get through defenses designed to stop external attacks, lol.

quote:
No, which further proves my point. Concession accepted.

Well, I wasn't hammering Revan for how weak his Force waves were, anyways. Just the fact that he wasn't using internal TK to kill Theron and co, which suggests that he was on the defensive.

quote:
No, those are tactical and solo flashpoints, not the main story flashpoints. I wouldn't expect you to know, since you're retarded.

Right, but the only difference between these is... a game mechanic. Which is canon according to you, so thanks for trapping yourself in.

quote:
And no. The game is canon. You would need a quote confirming that an element of the game is then non-canon.

So how do you explain the fact that game mechanics can outright contradict cutscenes? For instance, one of your companions might die in a fight but they'll appear in the cutscene afterwards.

quote:
You have no such evidence. Thus, you're wrong. Completely wrong. Stop humiliating yourself, bend the knee, and get the **** out of this thread.

When you tell people to leave debates, it shows how desperate you are, lol.

quote:
Pathetic.

Get back to the kitchen top on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Last edited by SunRazer on Dec 4th, 2016 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:15 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm going to bed, but to clarify my points again before ShootingNova infects them with his retardation:

- Vaylin unleashed an attack that incapacitated Senya and Arcann, and yet Theron Shan managed to survive this. Thus, the fact he likewise survives Revan's cutscene push does not make the feat unimpressive for Revan.

- Theron Shan, Jakarro, and the other non-Force sensitives had a variety of energy shields that protected them from Revan's Force attacks. Thus, they were well defended.

- The dialogue quotes confirm that Revan was pressing the strike team. In the scripted mechanics of the game, Revan ragdolls the NPC characters. This is canonical - there is no argument that it isn't.

All of this is facts. ShootingNova has a personal vendetta against Revan due to his gross superiority to the Jedi Exile, who Revan can one-shot easily.

Official proof that you're trolling.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:17 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
I'm not hammering him because his Force waves are weak due to not killing Theron. I'm hammering him for not using internal TK or neck-snaps. Which suggests that he was on the defensive in the boss fights.

No, that was your changed argument. Your original was merely he did not permanent damage.

The fact Revan didn't internally kill them doesn't mean that he was on the defensive. Additionally, since they are all in Battle Meditation, the Force-sensitive protagonists could have thrown up additional Force barriers around the non-Force sensitives if Revan threatened to snap their neck. Given Satele Shan is sitting down and concentrating on the Force, this is certainly possible, given Revan would only have .01 seconds to summon energy to perform such a task.

quote:
Well, according to game mechanics, internal damage does go through armor... smile

Seriously, though? How about Jedi tearing apart droidekas with internal TK whilst their shields are up? Heck, the starfighters in TPM were blowing up droidekas, which proves that even external attacks can penetrate the shields if they're powerful enough.

When have Jedi tore apart droideka's when their shields are still up? And obviously significant external attacks can penetrate the shields - that was made clear when Revan ragdolled them.

quote:
Well, I wasn't hammering Revan for how weak his Force waves were, anyways. Just the fact that he wasn't using internal TK to kill Theron and co, which suggests that he was on the defensive.

Yeah, and then I humiliated you and proved that Vaylin also failed where Revan did - so it wasn't much of a failure.

And no, it doesn't. Revan ragdolled the strike team during the midst of combat.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
Right, but the only difference between these is... a game mechanic. Which is canon according to you, so thanks for trapping yourself in.

What a retard. The quote from Chee states that game-mechanics that aren't story elements are not canonical.

Thus, those alternate versions are non-canonical. Good try but you failed.

quote:
So how do you explain the fact that game mechanics can outright contradict cutscenes? For instance, one of your companions might die in a fight but they'll appear in the cutscene afterwards.

The fact your companion dies is not a story element, as evident by the contradiction of the cutscene, and is thus non-canonical.

quote:
When you tell people to leave debates, it shows how desperate you are, lol.

I don't think anyone reading this would think I'm desperate here.

You already conceded your original argument, and you're new one is about to fall too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:23 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(above)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Official proof that you're trolling.

To clarify to anyone reading, I'm not trolling.

You'd find that, in this debate, Nova is lying on many issues.

He already conceded his original argument.

The fact he's saying I'm trolling is him trying to save face.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:24 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

When have Jedi tore apart droideka's when their shields are still up?

The Last of the Jedi series, IIRC.

quote:

No, that was your changed argument. Your original was merely he did not permanent damage.

The fact Revan didn't internally kill them doesn't mean that he was on the defensive. Additionally, since they are all in Battle Meditation, the Force-sensitive protagonists could have thrown up additional Force barriers around the non-Force sensitives if Revan threatened to snap their neck. Given Satele Shan is sitting down and concentrating on the Force, this is certainly possible, given Revan would only have .01 seconds to summon energy to perform such a task.

And obviously significant external attacks can penetrate the shields - that was made clear when Revan ragdolled them.

Yeah, and then I humiliated you and proved that Vaylin also failed where Revan did - so it wasn't much of a failure.

I've only said that it means he didn't use internal TK, which means that he's on the defensive, or that he was hurling them without inflicting permanent damage, which isn't that great to begin with. If Vaylin failed as well then that just proves how shit she is, lmfao.

Your claim is that Revan ragdolls them all, and yet you think they can throw up Barriers to protect others from being wrecked? lol

quote:
What a retard. The quote from Chee states that game-mechanics that aren't story elements are not canonical.

Thus, those alternate versions are non-canonical. Good try but you failed.

The fact your companion dies is not a story element, as evident by the contradiction of the cutscene, and is thus non-canonical.

Since when were the energy shields story elements, lmfao? Heck, how do you (or Chee) define something as a story element?

Chee's also stated that you can decide what's right between conflicting sources by choosing the "coolest explanation".

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:33 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
The Last of the Jedi series, IIRC.

I'm not going to take the word of a liar. Show the quote.

quote:
I've only said that it means he didn't use internal TK, which means that he's on the defensive, or that he was hurling them without inflicting permanent damage, which isn't that great to begin with. If Vaylin failed as well then that just proves how shit she is, lmfao.

Your claim is that Revan ragdolls them all, and yet you think they can throw up Barriers to protect others from being wrecked? lol.

No, the fact he didn't use internal telekinesis doesn't mean he was on the defensive. Also, you already claimed Vaylin's power was "unprecedented," so you're lying again.

I don't claim Revan was ragdolled - that's canon. And it's possible, but besides, I provided proof that they can defend themselves from most of Revan's attacks with energy shield. Revan proved capable of ripping through all these shields at the same time though, Jedi and Sith included.

quote:
Since when were the energy shields story elements, lmfao? Heck, how do you (or Chee) define something as a story element?

Chee's also stated that you can decide what's right between conflicting sources by choosing the "coolest explanation".

Uh, they're featured in the story mode fight. Given it's a canonical game, you'd need to provide proof that the element in question is for player enjoyment, not story.

You'd fail at that, since ally NPC's having abilities that only impact other NPC's has no relevance to player enjoyment, just adds to the realism of the story.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 4th, 2016 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:36 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm off to bed though. I'll respond tomorrow.

I encourage everyone to avoid this thread until then, since Nova's arguments are brain cell-killing.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:39 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm not going to take the word of a liar. Show the quote.

Says the person who fabricates quotes, lol.

I don't have the books on-hand. I did find this, though:

(please log in to view the image)

Even external TK attacks go through energy shields, as they should.

quote:
No, the fact he didn't use internal telekinesis doesn't mean he was on the defensive.

It definitely shows he isn't on the offensive, or else he'd be able to do it.

quote:
Also, you already claimed Vaylin's power was "unprecedented," so you're lying again.

Do you even know what I mean by that? I say unprecedented because she hadn't unleashed that level of power in that fight before, meaning that Senya and Arcann couldn't have possibly been prepared for that enraged outburst.

Thanks for conceding on Senya and Arcann and the passive shields part, though.

quote:
I don't claim Revan was ragdolled - that's canon. And it's possible, but besides, I provided proof that they can defend themselves from most of Revan's attacks with energy shield. Revan proved capable of ripping through all these shields at the same time though, Jedi and Sith included.

Show me the "proof" that the shields can withstand TK attacks again.

quote:
Uh, they're featured in the story mode fight. Given it's a canonical game, you'd need to provide proof that the element in question is for player enjoyment, not story.

So anything featured in story mode fights is canon? Including health bars? Chargeable one-shot kills etc?

Anyways, even there, there's contradictions. After beating Baras the first time in the SW storyline, you have him kneeling on the ground as part of the defeated animation which is a "story element" by your claims. Yet when you initiate the cutscene, it starts not with him kneeling (as opposed to Scourge in the Act II finale), but with him upright and laughing.

Heck, he kneels after you beat him the second time, yet the cutscene still begins with him standing. Concession accepted.

quote:
You'd fail at that, since ally NPC's having abilities that only impact other NPC's has no relevance to player enjoyment.

No, I'm using that to say that Leland Chee's claims might not always be the best to fall on, lol.

Last edited by SunRazer on Dec 4th, 2016 at 07:05 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What? I've never fabricated a quote besides the one instance when I was 12, in which I recall you also confessing to have fabricated quotes in your early days.

quote:
Even external TK attacks go through energy shields, as they should.

You provided a .gif of Obi-Wan Kenobi overpowering the energy shields, not going through them.

quote:
It definitely shows he isn't on the offensive, or else he'd be able to do it.

You have absolutely no proof that Revan would have used the power if he could.

The fact a character didn't show an ability in battle doesn't mean he couldn't - it means he didn't.

For example, Luke Skywalker didn't end the fight instantly against Darth Caedus with telekinesis.

EDIT:

We know Revan could have killed them when he had them in stasis, but instead decided to kill them slowly.

Thus, it's apparent Revan wasn't directly interested in killing them instantly, making your point mute.

quote:
Thanks for conceding on Senya and Arcann and the passive shields part, though.

I have no clue what you're talking about.

quote:
Show me the "proof" that the shields can withstand TK attacks again.

It's an energy shield - it's functions are to absorb energy. We see it withstanding other Force-based attacks - why is telekinesis the exception?

quote:
So anything featured in story mode fights is canon? Including health bars? Chargeable one-shot kills etc?

"Anything that doesn't contradict or exist purely for gameplay is C-canon." --Leland Chee

Health bars exist purely for gameplay. You need to provide proof, however, that the elements you are dismissing "exist purely for gameplay."

Since you cannot, it is C-Canon. We assume that it is C-Canon originally due to the fact it's featured in a canonical game.

Thus, it can only lose it's canoncity, not gain it.

quote:
No, I'm using that to say that Leland Chee's claims might not always be the best to fall on, lol.

It doesn't hurt my case, so I couldn't care less.

I believe Leland Chee was discussing how he personally decides what goes and what doesn't, not the rules for us individually.

Leland Chee has the power to make things canon if he finds them cool. We do not.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 4th, 2016 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:10 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What? I've never fabricated a quote besides the one instance when I was 12, in which I recall you also confessing to have fabricated quotes in your early days.

You still don't have much of a right to be running around and calling people liars, lol.

quote:
You provided a .gif of Obi-Wan Kenobi overpowering the energy shields, not going through them.

You can't conclusively prove it's either.

quote:
You have absolutely no proof that Revan would have used the power if he could.

Because he wants to kill them?

quote:
The fact a character didn't show an ability in battle doesn't mean he couldn't - it means he didn't.

For example, Luke Skywalker didn't end the fight instantly against Darth Caedus with telekinesis.

EDIT:

We know Revan could have killed them when he had them in stasis, but instead decided to kill them slowly.

Thus, it's apparent Revan wasn't directly interested in killing them instantly, making your point mute.

So he wanted to derive pleasure from their pain instead of killing them quickly, even after he had already lost once? lmfao

quote:
I have no clue what you're talking about.

Of course you don't. Not when it's a concession.

quote:
It's an energy shield - it's functions are to absorb energy. We see it withstanding other Force-based attacks - why is telekinesis the exception?

Because we've seen telekinesis operate without regard to them? Because telekinesis can directly affect the individual instead of unleashing waves of energy that can be conventionally absorbed?

quote:
"Anything that doesn't contradict or exist purely for gameplay is C-canon." --Leland Chee

Health bars exist purely for gameplay. You need to provide proof, however, that the elements you are dismissing "exist purely for gameplay."

Since you cannot, it is C-Canon. We assume that it is C-Canon originally due to the fact it's featured in a canonical game.

Thus, it can only lose it's canoncity, not gain it.

Like Baras kneeling after losing the duel, but later standing up again in the cutscene?

The shields you mentioned are purely for gameplay as well. They never once appear in any of the cutscenes.

quote:
It doesn't hurt my case, so I couldn't care less.

I believe Leland Chee was discussing how he personally decides what goes and what doesn't, not the rules for us individually.

Leland Chee has the power to make things canon if he finds them cool. We do not.

Fair enough.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:02 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Revan dies, yeah.

Dooku, Traya, and the Exile could prolly do it on their own.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:15 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Revan isn't beating a superior team than the one he lost to.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SunRazer
You still don't have much of a right to be running around and calling people liars, lol.

I completely do, lmfao.

For example, you're a liar. thumb up

quote:
You can't conclusively prove it's either.

Which then makes the .gif null. Provide a blatant gif showing telekinesis circumventing energy shields.

quote:
Because he wants to kill them?

So he wanted to derive pleasure from their pain instead of killing them quickly, even after he had already lost once? lmfao

The same can be said for Yoda vs Dooku and Luke vs Caedus.

Do you wager Luke couldn't dominate Caedus with the Force again despite doing it already?

Fact of the matter is, characters don't always flesh out their best abilities in real combat.

I imagine I can cite at least twenty examples of this throughout Star Wars fights.

quote:

Not necessarily. We don't know the motives of why Revan did what he did. He could have done it due to a variety of reasons.

What matters, however, is we know what he did, and it's evident he wasn't interested in insta-kills.

quote:
Because we've seen telekinesis operate without regard to them? Because telekinesis can directly affect the individual instead of unleashing waves of energy that can be conventionally absorbed?

You've yet to provide any evidence of this whatsoever. Considering your a confirmed liar, you have no credibility for your points to hold any weight. Show proof.

quote:
Like Baras kneeling after losing the duel, but later standing up again in the cutscene?

That would be non-canon, as per Leland Chee's guidelines. It contradicts the story.

quote:
The shields you mentioned are purely for gameplay as well. They never once appear in any of the cutscenes.

They don't need to appear in the cutscenes to be canon, stupid. They merely have to not contradict the cutscenes.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 04:47 PM