KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tom Veitch confirms DE & TOTJ power levels

Tom Veitch confirms DE & TOTJ power levels
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Tom Veitch confirms DE & TOTJ power levels

quote:
I was hoping you could tell me whether or not Exar Kun was as powerful as a Sith such as Emperor Palpatine. Also, if Ulic Qel-Droma was as powerful as Jedi like Luke Skywalker. I know you worked on both of my favourite Star Wars series Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire, so I was hoping you could clarify this so I have something to work with on my Star Wars videos. I wanted to do an analysis of both series.

Thank you for your time and your exceptional additions to the Star Wars universe.

quote:
Hi ~

Yes, Exar Kun was as powerful as Palpatine -- maybe even more powerful. Ulic Qel-Droma became far more powerful than Luke Skywalker -- but then we aren't done with Luke yet, so we will have to wait for episode VIII and IX to find out!

best,

Tom Veitch

PS: I have written a book about Star Wars that is coming out in the next few months. It includes a lot of discussion about the Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire as well as Ulic and Exar Kun. We will be sending press releases to various Star Wars sites, so I am sure you will hear about it when it comes out.

A very interesting series of statements, his upcoming book could change the ground realities of the mythos tbh.

Attachment: screenshot_2016-12-19-07-50-55.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:42 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yet he's clearly referring to Canon since he refers to Luke as of TFA and future movies. Soo....he's gonna be bringing back Kun and Ulic in the Canon? Sounds nice.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The opinion of an an author is non- canon and doesn't make a difference unless you're desperately grasping at straws like the blockhead that is the OP

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:47 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He's clearly just referring to the fact that Luke is being replaced and rewritten for Disney Canon, so we will see how powerful Luke really is. We can't expect him to have the 'Legends Luke' or 'Canon Luke' mindset like we do.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:48 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
The opinion of an an author is non- canon and doesn't make a difference unless you're desperately grasping at straws like the blockhead that is the OP

Feat Wars retards aren't relevant to the discussion.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:49 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Neither are blind morons that are seeking confirmation bias thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:49 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
He's clearly just referring to the fact that Luke is being replaced and rewritten for Disney Canon, so we will see how powerful Luke really is. We can't expect him to have the 'Legends Luke' or 'Canon Luke' mindset like we do.

There's a vastly clear difference though, but yeah.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jesus Christ....

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Lol

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Knock off the insults. Thank you.

I wonder if the book he's writing is Star Wars or about Star Wars. He seems to be writing something commenting on his past work, rather than producing something new that would bring those characters into canon.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:24 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

A mod? This is strange...

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:27 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

There would be no point though to publish something that isn't about the Current Canon. I doubt it would be approved since all Legends material has stopped altogether with the exception of TOR.

Edit: Oh just noticed the PS bit. Ok that seems kind of weird, considering it's been how long since the Canon revamp? Yet they are just now allowing this to get put out? Kinda bizarre.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 19th, 2016 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:27 AM
ares834

If it's just Vietch talking about his past projects it wouldn't need to be approved (as least I wouldn't think so).

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:31 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sheevites just took a hit.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:33 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ya I just noticed the PS bit, though he says book. But I mean...I guess, it's just weird that he's writing a Legends book, when the new Canon has been going on for...2 years now?..

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:34 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Besides the fact that he's working on a new project, I don't see anything new here. Tom's thoughts on these matters are pretty well known.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:10 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

If anything it provides a concrete confirmation of Kun and Qel-Droma relative to_their DE counter parts.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:26 AM
Zenwolf

I never really understood how they were counterparts tbh.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:27 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Kun/Palpatine are the Dark Lords with Ulic/Luke as their prodigal apprentices, the apprentices are redeemed by a significant other in Nomi/Leia, thus betraying their Dark Lords and ending their reigns.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:29 AM
Zenwolf

Fair enough.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:32 AM