KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tom Veitch confirms DE & TOTJ power levels

Tom Veitch confirms DE & TOTJ power levels
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wasn't the crew of the Exile far more influenced by Kressh's Grave then by Nadd's?

True. But Nadd's Tomb was messed around with over the years (ie. Arca using Force Light in it), whereas Kressh's remained intact. Although I suppose you could say the Mandalorian Wars intensified the nexus on Dxun overall, which could include Nadd's Tomb, but that's unlikely.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 11:10 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

True, but IIRC they could barely even enter Kressh's chamber, which was also much older.
Obviously Kressh > Nadd is Bullshit, but the case is as strong as Exar ~ Sidious lmfao.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 11:13 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They couldn't enter at all.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 11:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by REXXXX
Knock off the insults. Thank you.
A little late to the party there...

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 11:36 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Author opinions mean jack shit. But if a book by Veitch gets approved into the Legends continuity, which declares Exar Kun = Palpatine, I guess we'll have to accept that.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 12:59 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Legends is done, so don't hold your breath.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They did release sourcebooks after the split.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:18 PM
Zenwolf

I just find it completely bizarre after....what more than a decade after and a Canon overhaul this is just now coming out, I felt like this would have fit and made more sense years prior.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by SunRazer
They did release sourcebooks after the split.
Only those that were already under development. More likely this will be a self-published thing.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Someone also apparently got an email from Kevin J. Anderson stating that Exar Kun was superior to Palpatine.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Here's what the DE Endnotes said:

(please log in to view the image)

Huh.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:19 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

None of those actually indicate Sidious > Kun. They can all be interpreted as "at the time" instead of "of all time".

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

If we construct non-existent contexts yeah, on the other hand Sidious is the greatest known wielder of the dark side, Kun is a known wielder of the dark side, therefore Sidious is greater than Kun. thumb up

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It is funny those who support Palpatine say ignore these statements but quickly start putting up their own sources to counter. Worried me thinks.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:31 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'm intrigued quan, what statements have Palpatine supporters encouraged others to ignore?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I'm intrigued quan, what statements have Palpatine supporters encouraged others to ignore?
Originally posted by darthbane77
On top of that, Ulic has nothing his array of feats and accolades that even approaches Luke level shit. I think it's safe to say that Veitch is either pulling your chain, doesn't actually know shit about shit, or is a hardcore member of the KOTOR/TOR Era Brigade.
Since you asked so nicely.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:39 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I see, but perhaps learn the difference between unlicensed opinions and canon source material.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I see, but perhaps learn the difference between unlicensed opinions and canon source material.
I do know the difference but I am consistent with how I view opinions. Most of the biased aren't which is my problem here.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 03:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If we construct non-existent contexts yeah, on the other hand Sidious is the greatest known wielder of the dark side, Kun is a known wielder of the dark side, therefore Sidious is greater than Kun. thumb up

Kun wasn't known to still be alive, so he wouldn't be considered a wielder of the dark side. Can't do anything if you're dead.

Also, UOU I don't think Kun even existed at the time that was written.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Greatest living != greatest known

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 04:06 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote