KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ghost in the Shell was better.

Yes, I said it.

I liked Ghost in the Shell. I thought it was unfairly ridiculed.

And yeah, I share the same concern as most people here with this film, that it will look great but be slow and boring.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I liked Ghost in the Shell. I thought it was unfairly ridiculed.

Same.

And yeah, I share the same concern as most people here with this film, that it will look great but be slow and boring.

Yes, the film had a slow pace. While I wouldn't call it "boring", you still need to sit on your ass for 160 minutes and that's not including the ads/trailers that are shown before the film starts.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, the film had a slow pace. While I wouldn't call it "boring", you still need to sit on your ass for 160 minutes...

Jesus, I didn't realize it was that long. That's long as fu#k.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie was influenced by the MCU

http://screenrant.com/blade-runner-...rvel-influence/

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Isn't everything nowadays?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:55 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

It was about 10,000 times better than anything Marvel has ever done so I doubt it. Franchises and sequel hooks existed before the MCU, you know.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:02 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Isn't everything nowadays?

Except others go about it the wrong way DCEU & the recent Dark Universe

gotta make sure that first movie is actually good.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I really enjoyed this movie.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 01:25 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

They seem to indicate that there is more happening in this new film than in the original. So that's good. Especially since the film is nearly 3 hours long...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:17 PM
Psychotron

It's nearly three hours but it never felt boring to me. Even when it's slowly building up to something it doesn't get tedious because every shot is so beautiful that it could be a desktop wallpaper.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 04:52 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Caught it yesterday, was good. Felt a little too artsy at times with the long almost stills and glaring monotone-like music blaring, though the original had this too, but more subdued.. But it's good, defo worth the watch on the big screen, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

They seem to indicate that there is more happening in this new film than in the original. So that's good. Especially since the film is nearly 3 hours long...

do they explain why this is boring at times?? do they explain why this is a flop and will need the overseas market to try and make some money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Do they explain how Rogue One was also Boring most of the time but somehow managed to NOT Bomb? Both in the U.S and overseas?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Psychotron
It's nearly three hours but it never felt boring to me. Even when it's slowly building up to something it doesn't get tedious because every shot is so beautiful that it could be a desktop wallpaper.
Originally posted by Robtard
Caught it yesterday, was good. Felt a little too artsy at times with the long almost stills and glaring monotone-like music blaring, though the original had this too, but more subdued.. But it's good, defo worth the watch on the big screen, imo.

Damn, you two tempt me.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do they explain why this is boring at times?? do they explain why this is a flop and will need the overseas market to try and make some money

I dunno. I only watched the first 10 minutes. My first thought would be that it didn't have quite as big of a cult following as the execs may have thought/hoped it did. For every person who thinks the original film is a sci-fi classic masterpiece there are at least 1 or 2 others who find it boring. So I bet that has something to do with it. Plus it doesn't have dinosaurs or lightsabers and wookies, so the nostalgia factor is out.. lol. Robots are too much of an intellectual enterprise. So I never would have seen this having big mainstream appeal.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:12 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Damn, you two tempt me.

I dunno. I only watched the first 10 minutes. My first thought would be that it didn't have quite as big of a cult following as the execs may have thought/hoped it did. For every person who thinks the original film is a sci-fi classic masterpiece there are at least 1 or 2 others who find it boring. So I bet that has something to do with it. Plus it doesn't have dinosaurs or lightsabers and wookies, so the nostalgia factor is out.. lol. Robots are too much of an intellectual enterprise. So I never would have seen this having big mainstream appeal.

perhaps your are right..

this is a total disaster. not expected to turn a profit..

http://deadline.com/2017/10/blade-r...omb-1202184297/

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not sure why folks are trying to make out the movie is a flop is such a bad thing, The first movie was also a flop too when it was released back in '82'.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 12:39 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
perhaps your are right..

this is a total disaster. not expected to turn a profit..

http://deadline.com/2017/10/blade-r...omb-1202184297/

Good. I don't want Blade Runner to turn into the next Alien or Terminator franchise where the shit movies outnumber the good ones. BR2049 is a good ending the series.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 09:04 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brave film making. Totally at odds with the modern blockbuster. The snail's pace editing and large chunks of sheer dark cinematography make it as bleak a dystopian movie as there's ever been. But by God it is an audio-visual masterpiece. It tackles big questions and themes with far more subtlety than Interstellar did. It's arguably far more relevant now than the original was as we move into an era of true artificial intelligence.

The fact that it'll flop disastrously doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Mass audiences don't have the attention spans to watch a 3 hour long movie unless it has lots of jokes and/or explosions.

It does make me wonder what's next for Denis Villeneuve.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:51 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Well, goddamn. I'm hearing such good things about this, I'm gonna try to get out and see it this weekend.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 03:14 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^ Well, goddamn. I'm hearing such good things about this, I'm gonna try to get out and see it this weekend.

always remember just because critics love something doesn't mean you or I will

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 09:34 PM