KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
always remember just because critics love something doesn't mean you or I will

Oh, I know. For some reason Alien Covenant has settled at a 69% on RT and I thought it was a giant steaming pile of horseshit that ruined my interest in the Alien universe. So believe me, I know. But this director's work has been stunningly impressive to me so far (I've seen Arrival and Sicario, and I still want to see Prisoners and Enemy). They weren't necessarily favorite films that I'll want to watch again and again, but they were so expertly crafted that I was in awe. So if only half of what I've heard about Blade Runner 2049 is true, it will be worth seeing on the big screen as a memorable event.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 10:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Well, goddamn. I'm hearing such good things about this, I'm gonna try to get out and see it this weekend.

This is something you most definitely want to watch in a theater for the first time, preferably a very large screen with great sound. A small crappy screen and shit audio will robe you greatly in this film.

I had to settle for lesser, cos the local film festival bumped this film from the best theater here (and it's a great theater), but it's back at that large single-plex now, going to try to catch this there for a second viewing before it leaves.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 10:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
Brave film making. Totally at odds with the modern blockbuster. The snail's pace editing and large chunks of sheer dark cinematography make it as bleak a dystopian movie as there's ever been. But by God it is an audio-visual masterpiece. It tackles big questions and themes with far more subtlety than Interstellar did. It's arguably far more relevant now than the original was as we move into an era of true artificial intelligence.

The fact that it'll flop disastrously doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Mass audiences don't have the attention spans to watch a 3 hour long movie unless it has lots of jokes and/or explosions.

It does make me wonder what's next for Denis Villeneuve.

Last I heard he's directing Dune, screenplay by Eric Roth. This has the makings to be an epic reboot, unless it has fallen through

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 10:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Studios might be hesitant with big sci to due to both Blade Runner and Valerion flopping.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 11:10 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Wow, honestly thought this movie would be bigger and do better but damn it bombed and they wanna do a sequel!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 11:59 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
Wow, honestly thought this movie would be bigger and do better but damn it bombed and they wanna do a sequel!

So?....the first one also bombed too.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
So?....the first one also bombed too.

I know no expression

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:25 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by steverules_2
they wanna do a sequel!

They do?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They do?

Something on the Wikipedia page about it.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanks. Yeah, found it:

Possible sequel[edit]
In September 2015, Ridley Scott expressed interest in making additional films.[102] In October 2017, Villeneuve said that he expected a third film would be made if 2049 was successful. Hampton Fancher, the writer of both Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049, also revealed that he was considering reviving an old story idea involving Deckard travelling to another country, and Ford said that he would be open to returning if he liked the script.[103]

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:37 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ It pretty much goes without saying that sequels are planned and hoped for these days.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 12:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Except they didn't end this latest movie in a way it seemed like that there would be a sequel, Unlike other recent movies such as Alien: Covenant where it ended and it obviously will be a sequel followed up.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 01:03 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Except they didn't end this latest movie in a way it seemed like that there would be a sequel, Unlike other recent movies...

Why do you say that? Just because there isn't an obvious cliffhanger that needs a sequel doesn't mean there isn't plenty of material in the world for more stories.

I saw this yesterday and I think I was more impressed than actually enjoyed it. Perhaps a bit too emotionally detached and cold for my taste (which is basically how I feel about the original film), but it is still an absolutely bold and brilliantly executed piece of work. It was amazing to behold on the big screen, so I'm glad I got out to see it. The sound in particular was very well designed and powerful in the cinema. My theater had the volume up to 11 and it was great. I will say I was very tired for my showing and was sort of fighting to stay awake, heh, and it is a very slow-paced film which I ordinarily really like. That being said I'd probably like it more if it was cut down by 15 or 20 minutes or so. It felt a little like 2001: A Space Odyssey with the extremely long shots.

But I definitely do recommend seeing this on the big screen. thumb up

There was a scene or two from this that felt like a better Indiana Jones film than Crystal Skull... laughing out loud

Really hope this director gets to do Dune!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I agree with both of these quotes...

quote:
"I really, really liked looking at this."

October 15, 2017 | Rating: 4.25/5 | Full Review…
Bob Grimm
Reno News and Review

quote:
"For all the admirable world-building and faithfulness to the style of the original, the story is almost a let-down and the soporific pace of the film makes it a tough slog."

October 15, 2017 | Rating: 2.5/5 | Full Review…
Tim Martain
The Mercury

It's not exactly Mad Max: Fury Road in the pacing department, lol. That cinematography, though.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:26 PM
Raisen

About to watch this shiit

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 11:00 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched this last night. Very good and unique movie. Loved the tone and atmosphere. Visuals were very striking and the soundtrack was bizarre but effective.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by BackFire
Watched this last night. Very good and unique movie. Loved the tone and atmosphere. Visuals were very striking and the soundtrack was bizarre but effective.

dude! the soundtrack was good. I like that weird type music in movies. some of the resident evil soundtracks were really good too. I went to this by myself. went to the bathroom and came back and an old a$$ man was right next to my seat.

the theatre was basically empty. WTF. phucking weirdo

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:46 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The tone and atmosphere was top notch.

Should get a visual effects nomination. Sound too.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:47 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Movie sucked. The Rock didn't make a single joke about killing someone. 2/10

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 04:15 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Rock?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:57 AM