KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Re: Re: Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
Never got injured.
what

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 11:56 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

That is, until the end (when he disintegrated himself).

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Didn't he get pretty ****ed up in the Tython fight because of Worror?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 12:00 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

He had shiim inflicted on his wrist and knocked himself out via Lightning.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Not even getting encapsulated in a sphere of his own lightning and almost dying?

Edit: He was severely wounded because of Worror, so saying he was never injured despite nearly dying during the Tython fight is disingenuous at best.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Dec 26th, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 12:08 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah shit always went Bane's way and he never got injured... aside from when Republic soldiers caused circumstances that lead to him being forced off his homeworld into the Sith army, when Sirak brutally injured him and he lost his ability to call on the Force, when he ventured to the Korriban tombs for knowledge and got dick all for his efforts except almost starving to death, when he got poisoned to the point where he couldn't even speak on Ambria, when he got plagued by Qordis and Kaan's ghosts to the point where he crashed his ship, when he failed in repeated lengthy attempts to construct a holocron, when he struggled with controlling the orbalisk bloodlust, when he got injured to the brink of death on Tython, when he was confronted with the problem of aging and had to spend half a book looking for a solution to that problem, when he got captured, then when he was imprisoned, then when he died.

But no, Bane's just some Gary Stu who jumps in dick first with no forethought and hits success 95% of the time. thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah shit always went Bane's way and he never got injured... aside from when Republic soldiers caused circumstances that lead to him being forced off his homeworld into the Sith army,
'cept he didn't regret it.

when Sirak brutally injured him and he lost his ability to call on the Force, when he ventured to the Korriban tombs for knowledge and got dick all for his efforts except almost starving to death,
'cept he regained it and it all paid off in the end, when he decided to reclaim the Darth title to establish his superiority.

when he failed in repeated lengthy attempts to construct a holocron,
'cept he eventually succeeded.

then when he died.
'cept that was the plan.

And all he cared about was his legacy.

"Nearly dead from exhaustion and hunger, Bane returned to the Academy two weeks later to learn that the students were to be raised to the level of Dark Lords of the Sith on the orders of Lord Kaan,"

Nothing but self-obsessed. Ever. The entirety of his (and Zannah's) character development can be summed up as:

everyone else: "Why are you doing this?!"

Bane/Zannah: "Because I'm an a$5hole."

And he solved all those problems with the same fvcking approach: "try rly hard."

Last edited by Geistalt on Dec 26th, 2016 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 07:59 PM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Aside from (conveniently) having heard about the Thought Bomb from Revan (hail his mighty name).

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 08:05 PM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

It's not so much of an outrage at Bane in hindsight; just frustration at those who wank him (and Drew Karpyshyn for taking any opportunity he could find to paint Revan as "teh ossimst Sith Lord evar").

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 08:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh man, a protagonist overcomes his challenges and succeeds in the end? What a ****ing garbagefire power fantasy piece of shit.

Dmb is right, Bane fails tons and has a bunch of stuff go wrong for him. Yall are just being silly.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 26th, 2016 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

It's not that he succeeds, its how he does it.
Powering through with the Dark Side like a juggernut is much more akin to Galen Marek, or Anakin Skywalker. Bane, on the other hand, in his conception was a genius, a manipulator, a man of intelligence primarily and power secondly. For him to be physically imposing and powerful is understandable, he's a major stepping stone in Sith history, but for him to just fail once, then immediately leap onto another level and proceed to succeed a dozen times, all the while being built up as "Er mah Gawd, so powahful!" isn't what Bane is suppose to be.

I still like his character and concept, but really Drew handled him more as Vader on steroids than, say, a parallel to Sidious who works behind the scenes and solves problems by being smart primarily.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 08:58 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Weak sheep like mindset.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 07:39 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I don't know about any of that, but he's certainly boring as hell.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 08:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Can someone post the threads of DMB's best arguments for Bane here on KMC?

Last edited by LordOfTheLight on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 12:21 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can be found on his personal website here:
http://dmbempire.forumotion.com/t30...nnah-emperordmb

The dude will actually argue Zannah > Dooku kek

DMB used to be one of my more favorite/respected members here, but I've since recognized him to be a sniveling coward who backs down to slightest bit of resistance.

A true fanboy would defend their favorite character to the death, but no, DMB allows Bane to get walked all over.

Also he clearly low-balls Dooku simply because he hates the man's personality, which I find appalling.

He claims that Dooku is some evil murdering psychopath, which I won't completely deny, but Bane is no better (you could argue he's much worse than Dooku as a sadist).

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Neither Bane or Galen are Gary Stus.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Kurk
They can be found on his personal website here:
http://dmbempire.forumotion.com/t30...nnah-emperordmb

The dude will actually argue Zannah > Dooku kek

DMB used to be one of my more favorite/respected members here, but I've since recognized him to be a sniveling coward who backs down to slightest bit of resistance.

A true fanboy would defend their favorite character to the death, but no, DMB allows Bane to get walked all over.

Also he clearly low-balls Dooku simply because he hates the man's personality, which I find appalling.

He claims that Dooku is some evil murdering psychopath, which I won't completely deny, but Bane is no better (you could argue he's much worse than Dooku as a sadist).

I meant on KMC here.

His personality is why Dooku is actually lowballed in general across various sites. He doesn't have the near invincible aura of Sidious or the badass appearance/style of Windu, Kenobi or Maul, or the fearsomeness of Vader. In general, he is not seen as that cool compared to the above people. At least that is the general opinion. Dooku, while his abilities may be solid, doesn't really exude that sense of power or victory you would expect from someone of his calibre.

Don't see why people would hate him though. Personally I find him interesting. DMB is probably one of the few people I have seen that openly dislikes Dooku, if what you are saying about him is correct.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:09 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

To be fair, he kept it up for a couple of years, but he caved under the pressure long before your time.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't dislike Dooku's personality, in fact I actually appreciate how he's written and acted.

The irritation I've expressed is moreso how some people treat him as this sympathetic character whose just trying to do what's right deep down and think he upholds some moral standard that other Sith don't... when that clearly is not how he's written.

It's like with Killmonger in Black Panther, I actually thought he was a pretty solid villain, but the moral apologism for him by some of his fans irritated the **** out of me.

So no Kurk, my complaint is not that I have a problem with Dooku being an evil murdering psychopath, my complaint is that some people (not you) deny he's an evil murdering psychopath.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 06:34 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:32 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Geistalt
I don't really hate anyone (fictional or otherwise), but Bane was meant to be the weakest of the Banite Sith. Until you acknowledge this, you're a fool (and, ironically, miss the point of his message). And people tend to wank him by focusing solely on his feats, ignoring the fact that he relied on dark side Force nexuses.

That being said, Sidious absolutely deserves to be considered the most powerful unamped dark-sider, and it would be nice to see another dark side organization follow the Rule of Two.

Sidious also made use of Dark Side nexi: Kalakar Six, the Eclipses, Byss

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote