KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Dooku ragdoll Vader?

Can Dooku ragdoll ANH Vader?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 8 28.57%
Not sure 0 0%
No 20 71.43%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Dooku ragdoll Vader?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Two's better than one. So keep the double standards.

I mean, we all know Obi-Wan's more powerful than Dooku. Remember that time he ended the fight with Dooku by using Push?
Yeah. The thing is, since that video game came out more recently than RotS, I'd say that it's probably a better representation of Kenobi's standing next to Dooku. Also, it was presumably made by TCW team, and TCW is in charge of canon now basically, so honestly, prime Kenobi should realistically ragdoll Dooku. He only didn't in RotS because Dooku is a very fast man. Unfairly fast. It was a fluke. Doesn't count.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:03 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Yeah. The thing is, since that video game came out more recently than RotS, I'd say that it's probably a better representation of Kenobi's standing next to Dooku. Also, it was presumably made by TCW team, and TCW is in charge of canon now basically, so honestly, prime Kenobi should realistically ragdoll Dooku. He only didn't in RotS because Dooku is a very fast man. Unfairly fast. It was a fluke. Doesn't count.

You got it. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:03 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It seems clear to me that this wasn't a serious thread, but rather created for a couple members to passively aggressively rant about a Jedi padawan.

wasn't she a knight?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Who?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Rivi-Anu, and yes she was.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by |King Joker|
97% sure ur joking but i can never tell with u sas

The same 97% that Revan absorbed of Vitiate's lightning? smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 06:08 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

lol

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 06:09 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The real question is, why is DMB okay with feats until he's not okay with feats? He spends plenty of time making fun of Rivi, yet I don't think it'd be outside the realms of possibility that if Bane had replicated her feat, DMB's entire street would drown in his semen.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:06 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Well damn, I've been proven wrong.

Didn't think KMC could get any saltier.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:18 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well damn, I've been proven wrong.

Didn't think KMC could get any saltier.

Might as well take that. It would be virtually impossible to have you admit that you were wrong in any other thread. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:02 AM
cs_zoltan

Lmao says the c-unt who can't even concede the most insignificant things, like whether his post was a hyperbole or not, or was his post poorly phrased or not laughing out loud

PS:

I admit, I haven't heared some of the arguments you just made here, which are a far cry from "he didn't so he can't" used a long time ago. And they actually line up with my own arguments for Kenobi, so I'm willing to entertain them smile

But we all must have are delusions, right?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:09 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Is this the Traya feat thing? If so, explain it to me, because I'm listening.

As I recall, I said "Traya did to Brianna what Yoda did to Saesee, Plo and Depa", later clarifying that the "avoiding all their strikes easily without even seeming to move" was what I referred to. Just where is the hyperbole in that?

Also, I conceded the phrasing in the other thread, lol. I then said that I clarified it and we were wasting time, but you weren't willing to run without having more jabs. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:12 AM
cs_zoltan

How about we don't reignite by far the most irrelevant debate in KMC history?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:15 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Wise.

We'll keep it at Dooku ragdolling Obi-Wan smile

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 17th, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:18 AM
cs_zoltan

Glad you brought that up.

Spot the difference:

Except the text makes it abundantly clear, why Kenobi failed to counter it:

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden.
--Revenge of the Sith junior novel

It's because the attack was too fast. Not because it was too powerful, or too powerful and too fast. Just too fast. If the writer wanted to convey that Dooku is too powerful for Kenobi to counter the choke, then he would've worded it accordingly.

Originally posted by SunRazer
It means that Vader recognizes Ben's deterioration in skill moreso than his power growth, lol. If the power growth made up for it, then Vader would be recognizing that, instead of the deterioration in skill. It's blindingly obvious as to what's more prevalent here. You're in a desperate state of denial right now and you can't even admit it.

That's like saying the passage says there's two separate boxes, but it doesn't say there's one box plus another box, so you're making a blatant assumption and twisting the meaning of the quote.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:24 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yep. The surprise is more prevalent, naturally, which is why it gets the spotlight. Doesn't mean the other factor (that Dooku was just powerful enough to do it) was nonexistent.

Anyway, you're comparing an instance in which two factors are working together to an instance in which two factors are working against each other. Makes no sense. erm

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:28 AM
cs_zoltan

For someone who constantly arguing about on-offs it's pretty hypocritical from you that you don't hold the same standard here laughing out loud

But that sums up your debating pretty well smile

Anyhow, let's see what we have:

1. Kenobi is a threat to Dooku.
2. The junior novel only attributes Dooku victory to his speed.
3. The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader also only notes Dooku's speed.

If Dooku is so much more powerful than Kenobi that he can dominate him any time, then maybe they'd attribute his victory to powergap between them. And maybe if Dooku can ragdoll the shit out of Kenobi then he's not a threat...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:46 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
The real question is, why is DMB okay with feats until he's not okay with feats? He spends plenty of time making fun of Rivi, yet I don't think it'd be outside the realms of possibility that if Bane had replicated her feat, DMB's entire street would drown in his semen.

Rivi-Anu is an unknown from an exaggerated medium, whereas Bane is known from a subdued medium by the wonderfully subtle Drew Karpyshin, obviously.

Like, it's OK to accept a Sith apprentice with rushed training being worth thousands of soldiers(essentially making them army busters), but not OK to assume a Jedi Knight at the Order's prime, in a state of desperation, can hold up a falling ship for three seconds.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:25 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Zoltan - It's good to see that you're not trying to harp this double-standard crap because you know I applied the same logic in both cases above.

1. That's a very vague quote. Kyle Katarn was a "threat" to Caedus, who could dispose of him remarkably quickly. You'd be surprised at how easily you can threaten someone.

Also, doesn't the quote refer to Obi-Wan coming from Dooku's behind?

2. No, it attributes it to Obi-Wan not expecting the attack. There's more reasons than just speed for not expecting the attack.

3. Yes, it does.

The film and script suggest that Dooku overpowered his defenses. The website and TCSWE also attribute Dooku's ragdolling of Obi-Wan to Dooku being "formidable".

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:48 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Rivi-Anu is an unknown from an exaggerated medium, whereas Bane is known from a subdued medium by the wonderfully subtle Drew Karpyshin, obviously.

Like, it's OK to accept a Sith apprentice with rushed training being worth thousands of soldiers(essentially making them army busters), but not OK to assume a Jedi Knight at the Order's prime, in a state of desperation, can hold up a falling ship for three seconds.
Ah f*ck, true.

Gotta concede. thumb up

For real tho, I'm aware Rivi-Anu is unjustifiable lunacy, but I don't really get to choose where to draw the line for what an "outlier" is for anyone other than myself. Nor does DMB.

We all operate under the "best feat possible" analysis, sans external amps and what not. It's the definition of double standards not to accept a feat at face value when you are trying your hardest to make Bane as impressive as possible by merit of feats.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:07 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote