KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Dooku ragdoll Vader?

Can Dooku ragdoll ANH Vader?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 8 28.57%
Not sure 0 0%
No 20 71.43%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Dooku ragdoll Vader?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
1. That's a very vague quote. Kyle Katarn was a "threat" to Caedus, who could dispose of him remarkably quickly. You'd be surprised at how easily you can threaten someone.

Lmao, how is it a vague quote? If you can dispose of someone with a flick of a wrist anytime, anywhere then he's not a threat. The quote is from Dooku's prespective who refuses to give any credit to anyone beside himself and Sidious. So yeah it's pretty legit.

And I don't care about the Katarn quote (especially not without context) because the NJO is less consistant than Hillary's presidential campaign. If you want to bring shit tier NJO quotes into this then Ben > DE Sidious.

Also, doesn't the quote refer to Obi-Wan coming from Dooku's behind?

No confused

2. No, it attributes it to Obi-Wan not expecting the attack. There's more reasons than just speed for not expecting the attack.

Quote says otherwise. Besides if you want to roll with Kenobi not expecting it that still leaves the feat as an opportune ragdoll not total domination, as Joker said.

3. Yes, it does.

Glad you agree.

The film and script suggest that Dooku overpowered his defenses. The website and TCSWE also attribute Dooku's ragdolling of Obi-Wan to Dooku being "formidable".

The film suggest nothing, without an explanation a screenplay can't distinguish an opportune ragdoll vs overpowering ragdoll (unless someone chokes another person for a prolonged period, which doesn't happen here).

Quote for the script?

Being formidable is no proof he overpowered his defenses instead of taking the opportunity laughing out loud

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:14 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but what was Nova's rebuttal to Kenobi defending against Dooku's TK in S6, if it was brought up?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but what was Nova's rebuttal to Kenobi defending against Dooku's TK in S6, if it was brought up?

he had anakin's help, and the blast wasn't aimed solely at them. But its interesting that both are pushed the same distance(it sstill a vastly pre prime anakin though)

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jan 17th, 2017 at 12:22 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:18 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Based on what? The visuals don't convey that.

Watching it again makes me inclined to believe they both defended themselves from the attack using Canon's version of Force barrier. What you're suggesting seems like a Force bubble, which I haven't seen used in The Clone Wars and wouldn't make sense because there are aliens right behind Kenobi and Skywalker that were affected.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
But we all must have are delusions, right?

It's "our" you brain dead fugg boi. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 03:04 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

No, he can't.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Based on what? The visuals don't convey that.

Watching it again makes me inclined to believe they both defended themselves from the attack using Canon's version of Force barrier. What you're suggesting seems like a Force bubble, which I haven't seen used in The Clone Wars and wouldn't make sense because there are aliens right behind Kenobi and Skywalker that were affected.

Yes they both defended themselves vs the attack with atheir own barriers, but the attack was split between the two of them. Neither were taking the full power of the attack.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

He'd win solidly though not ragdoll

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Not even in his dreams.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:02 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Lmao, how is it a vague quote? If you can dispose of someone with a flick of a wrist anytime, anywhere then he's not a threat. The quote is from Dooku's prespective who refuses to give any credit to anyone beside himself and Sidious. So yeah it's pretty legit.

And I don't care about the Katarn quote (especially not without context) because the NJO is less consistant than Hillary's presidential campaign. If you want to bring shit tier NJO quotes into this then Ben > DE Sidious.

You're referring to the novel? What's the quote in question? I Ctrl+F'd "threat" on my PDF version and didn't find anything. I am aware of a sourcebook claiming that Obi-Wan was a threat.

There wasn't any context. It was just Katarn's better than the other three and he's a threat.

quote:
Quote says otherwise. Besides if you want to roll with Kenobi not expecting it that still leaves the feat as an opportune ragdoll not total domination, as Joker said.

"Too sudden" does not necessarily mean speed. What was Joker's actual argument in that other thread? He's just trolling in this one.

quote:
The film suggest nothing, without an explanation a screenplay can't distinguish an opportune ragdoll vs overpowering ragdoll (unless someone chokes another person for a prolonged period, which doesn't happen here).

Well, the movie has Dooku and Obi-Wan clashing blades, and then the Choke, as opposed to Dooku turning around and just Choking Obi-Wan before he could even get to him in the junior novel.

If Obi-Wan is still surprised by a Force attack right after he's clashing blades with Dooku, then frankly, we should start arguing that characters can ragdoll Obi-Wan on the basis of speed as opposed to power. smile

Although I'm not seeing how Dooku's ragdoll was different from most other ragdolls, anyway. Obi-Wan trying to counter the technique might be him trying to use the anti-Choke technique (the one that Ant brought up a few months ago) as opposed to his Force defenses being lowered for no reason. So as far as actually ragdolling on the basis of bypassing somebody's Force defenses go, then Dooku's doing just that.

quote:
Quote for the script?

It's just this:

quote:
OBI-WAN reaches the top of the stairs, destroying TWO SUPER BATTLE DROIDS. COUNT DOOKU holds OBI-WAN in the air using the Force as he turns and kicks ANAKIN out of frame. OBI-WAN is choking.

-- http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-W...f-the-Sith.html

There's no mention of surprise, at least. You can say it's ambiguous, but then there's always Occam's Razor.

quote:
Being formidable is no proof he overpowered his defenses instead of taking the opportunity laughing out loud

Well, if you want to play the definition game like you always do, there's a definition for formidable relating to being "impressively powerful".

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:22 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

if we're going by the source book that says kenobi wa a threat, ragdolling kenobi did drain him, but he still ragdolled kenobi

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:07 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

If Obi-Wan is still surprised by a Force attack right after he's clashing blades with Dooku, then frankly, we should start arguing that characters can ragdoll Obi-Wan on the basis of speed as opposed to power. smile
yes

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:37 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Could be the other way round lmfao

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:37 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CactusJoe
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image) @ zoltan defending kenobi at very opportunity

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:47 PM
Click here to Send CactusJoe a Private Message Find more posts by CactusJoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

He probably can, yeah.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:48 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

One thing is clear:

ANH Vader cannot ragdoll ANH Kenobi.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Shit; I just realized that means ANH Kenobi >> starved, exhausted Starkiller.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Not in his wildest, most glorious fantasies.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:51 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Geistalt
Shit; I just realized that means ANH Kenobi >> starved, exhausted Starkiller.

I mean... That's not really a revelation.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:57 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Yes he was so exhausted, not like drawing off love and rage could have restored him to peak levels when it already happened earlier in the novel under conditions less likely to provide that emotion boost and after thirteen days of torture. But continue to live in fantasy world I guess.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote