KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOS Doomsday vs Thor

DOS Doomsday vs Thor
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Don't get what the issue is. Doomsday isn't steam piling Thor. Maxima did extremely well against him. Hell, she actually had the advantage in the fight until Superman showed up...

(please log in to view the image)

Maxima is powerful but she's not Thor.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Don't get what the issue is. Thor isn't tanking Doomsday. Wolverine did extremely well against him. Hell, he actually had the advantage in the fight until he ended it:

Wolverine is fast and powerful but he's not Doomsday.

Lowball Doomsday = Maxima, a Mid Herald.
Lowball Thor = Wolverine, a Low Meta.

The difference is...several orders of magnitude, lol.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Haha shots fired

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:41 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm glad I didn't see those shots.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Haha shots fired

thumb up

It's the best. I can say whatever I like, post whatever I want - and carver will never, ever, fight back or report me etc.

Everyone else in the forum, though? Can see the posts I make, next to his. Which exposes his double standards very nicely, I think.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

It just depends how Thor fights. In a strictly physical or even with minor lightning usage he will almost certainly go down given how his stats are lower than Superman's.

Thor still has other ways to win though of course. If he feels like keeping doomsday off of him like he felt like doing against the void, he will chip Doomsday down, and keep dropping void killers on him until he wins.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:56 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Damborgson
It just depends how Thor fights. In a strictly physical or even with minor lightning usage he will almost certainly go down given how his stats are lower than Superman's.

Thor still has other ways to win though of course. If he feels like keeping doomsday off of him like he felt like doing against the void, he will chip Doomsday down, and keep dropping void killers on him until he wins.

He'd have to drop him in 1. Attempting to use the same attack twice and hoping they'd stack isn't the best tactic to go.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:00 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I could see him doing it. But even if he didn't, it was still a double fisted swing that brought DD down. Given the physical abuse he was subjected to before that he should have been immune , but it was just so much more powerful that it didn't matter. Same concept here.

And he's got other attacks if and when he notices lightning is no longer doing the job.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:06 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't get what the issue is. Thor isn't tanking Doomsday. Wolverine did extremely well against him. Hell, he actually had the advantage in the fight until he ended it:

Wolverine is fast and powerful but he's not Doomsday.

Lowball Doomsday = Maxima, a Mid Herald.
Lowball Thor = Wolverine, a Low Meta.

The difference is...several orders of magnitude, lol.

laughing thumb up
Perfect way to deal with doublestandards.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:07 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Thor should take this pretty definitively. The only way to say that DOS DD would have a chance would be to ignore the power creep in DC after the DOS. Characters back then were being portrayed at a lower level in most categories. For instance Supes couldn't hit lightspeed back then(I don't even think Wally could go FTL back then TBH) and that was before Supes started busting out his major Post Crisis strength feats that followed a couple of significant on panel upgrades. Supes outright said the Warrior(Guy) hit harder than DOS DD. Thor entering the fight in the same mindset as Supes at the end means that he's not gong to waste time dicking around, he's going to bust out something like the Godblast or Durok dropper early on.

Now if we scale everyone in the arcs power to the levels they showed in later times then yes, Thor would have his hands full. But the true DOS version of DD doesn't have a chance against Thor at his best.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 24th, 2017 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:29 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing thumb up
Perfect way to deal with doublestandards.

Can't believe you quoted him but it isn't a perfect way. DOS was based off one storyline, so what happened in that story is usable. Dark picking and choosing from a history of comics doesn't change what I said. Especially with this thread being mainly about Thor's best.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:53 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Can't believe you quoted him but it isn't a perfect way. DOS was based off one storyline, so what happened in that story is usable. Dark picking and choosing from a history of comics doesn't change what I said. Especially with this thread being mainly about Thor's best.

Exactly. It's usable.

Not saying it isn't usable.

But his lows are....still pretty damn high, lol.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:54 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thor vs wolverine, still makes me cringe. He's so fast Thor was able to catch him by the ankle? And he flung him with less force than my paper boy. Wolverine should have ended up in space, where Thor would promptly go to and retrieve him.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 11:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
Thor should take this pretty definitively. The only way to say that DOS DD would have a chance would be to ignore the power creep in DC after the DOS. Characters back then were being portrayed at a lower level in most categories. For instance Supes couldn't hit lightspeed back then(I don't even think Wally could go FTL back then TBH) and that was before Supes started busting out his major Post Crisis strength feats that followed a couple of significant on panel upgrades. Supes outright said the Warrior(Guy) hit harder than DOS DD. Thor entering the fight in the same mindset as Supes at the end means that he's not gong to waste time dicking around, he's going to bust out something like the Godblast or Durok dropper early on.

Yeah, because the same Doomsday took the blast of a guardian sacrificing himself which vaporized SBP a few years later.

Superman started to show strength feats more and more but it wasn't like he was twice as strong or anything. And even Byrne era Superman was strong enough to move Earth along with Hal as shown later.

Superman also said Icon hit him the hardest ever. What he says and what he does are two different things.

Uh right, are those even as powerful as a Guardian sacrificing himself?

quote:

Now if we scale everyone in the arcs power to the levels they showed in later times then yes, Thor would have his hands full. But the true DOS version of DD doesn't have a chance against Thor at his best.

Idiocy at its finest.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 02:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Doomsday had a gl ring so he was amped. Quit ignoring the context. He didn't have a gl ring in the dos arc.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 03:11 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, because the same Doomsday took the blast of a guardian sacrificing himself which vaporized SBP a few years later.

Superman started to show strength feats more and more but it wasn't like he was twice as strong or anything. And even Byrne era Superman was strong enough to move Earth along with Hal as shown later.

Superman also said Icon hit him the hardest ever. What he says and what he does are two different things.

Uh right, are those even as powerful as a Guardian sacrificing himself?

Idiocy at its finest.

DD is solar powered and when he came out of the ground he'd been deprived of solar energy for thousands of years after getting "killed". There's no reason to think that he'd yet reached the level he was at when he took on the Guardian when he didn't do anything in the DOS arc on the level of his tearing through the GL corp and taking on that Guardian. Yes he was becoming more powerful as the fight went on but it certainly wasn't definitive that he'd reached the levels he was fighting at in that arc(which seemed much more along the lines of him in Hunter Prey).

As for Supes/Icon... Hell maybe it was the hardest he'd been hit. Or maybe it was the writer not taking Supes's past fights into consideration. Either way, Supes himself made a direct and specific comparison between the Warrior and DD which makes the statement hold quite a bit of water. I mean people make a big deal out of Booster's offhand statement about DD being faster than Flash or Supes noting that DD was more powerful than Lobo. For that matter, haven't you shown Bullseye saying that Batman hits harder than Daredevil as if it's pretty telling?

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 25th, 2017 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 03:38 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Doese t have anything serious? He has cracked planetoids from his blows in outerspace, cracked celestial armor, hurt Galactus etc. Nothing serious? He has some of the best striking feats in comics.

cracking planetoids is not a serious feat to suggest he will take down doomsday. its a random striking feat even gladiator supressed. and superman also crushed a moon. thor was wearing his gauntler and his beslt when he cracked Exitars armor nice try. he hurt a starving galactus with his godblast. i already addressed the godblast part saying he wont have the time to execute his kamehameha attack before doomsdat stomps his head into the ground. now we can address real string feats in fights where tutinax and hulk outfought thor countless times. thor is not a match for someone like doomsday in a striking war. his energy based attacks wont be useful. doomsday wins.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 09:19 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Doomsday. I cant see a mjolnir-less one armed Odinson matching Doomsday for long.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:58 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor has the hammer.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 12:44 PM
DarkSaint85

Oooh just in time, carv!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 12:45 PM