KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Black Lightning (CW)

Black Lightning (CW)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That trailer looked cheesy as f***. Action sequences didn't look too bad overall, in terms of choreography, but that can't carry a show.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 04:37 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

The show isn't connected to the Arrowverse either.

Pretty much exactly what I expected. Not sure if that's good or bad.

BIG mistake not connecting it to Arrow though, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 19th, 2017 05:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
Pretty much exactly what I expected. Not sure if that's good or bad.

BIG mistake not connecting it to Arrow though, imo.

They will probably claim it's an alternate Earth later down the line if the show doesn't do well on its own.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 05:28 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

they didn't even get the lightning effects correct.

looks like complete shit.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 05:53 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It looked a lot like the Livewire lightning from Supergirl, which doesn't look great either. Which is weird, considering the Flash's lightning effects usually look pretty good. Like I mentioned before, the actual fight choreography doesn't look too bad (about on par with Arrow and the other shows) but that won't save it. I will still likely end up watching at least the pilot episode though, but this trailer did not inspire confidence.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on May 19th, 2017 at 06:23 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:20 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aside from the epic cheesiness of this as pointed out (think I'll just casually check out the pilot and then pass on watching it as a whole), kinda makes me feel more strongly that they should've went with Static Shock as a show over someone lesser known like Black Lightening. I mean even if they didn't have the budget to show Static always flying around electrically on a trashcan lid, I get the feeling I'd still be more invested in it than this here.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 08:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, read a few articles from the last week or so. And there are indeed plans to cross this over with the Arrowverse at some point. Not immediately, but the showrunner said that it is definitely something they plan on doing eventually. And there are also suggestions that they are planning on introducing Static Shock as well.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 11:44 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Premier Tuesday.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:45 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

wonder how long until this is part of Arrowverse

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Premier Tuesday.

(please log in to view the image)

Sadly, given what we've seen from the other latest seasons of CW shows, I expect this is going to be full of cringe (you guys know what I am talking about).

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 08:10 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah... I’ll give the pilot a chance as mentioned, but can’t imagine this show will hold my attention after that.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 05:33 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

.... Yeep, can already confirm after one episode that this shit isn’t for me. One less thing to watch on Tuesday for awhile I suppose..

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 03:41 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Against my better judgement, I watched the pilot and had my thoughts about it confirmed... straight trash.

unlike recent 'Arrow' or 'Legends', etc., this one pisses me off because Black Lightning is one of the few characters we have, and now with this, the CW has given us shitty Black Lightning and shitty Mr. Terrific.

fck off, CW.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jan 17th, 2018 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:39 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Action was entertaining but there's more drama than a Jerry Springer show. Another superhero show I'll watch for a week or two before I drop it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:18 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At this point they're just tossing any super hero show at the wall they can and hoping anything will stick.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I tried to watch the first few minutes. But I was immediately bothered by something rather unexpected. And that is the horrible posture of the lead actor. Seriously, straighten your neck, you lazy f***. He looks like he is actively trying to scrunch up or make himself look smaller half the time.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 02:38 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Action was entertaining but there's more drama than a Jerry Springer show. Another superhero show I'll watch for a week or two before I drop it.

Yeah, from what I did see, the action sequences didn't seem too bad (which I commented on with the trailers as well). But fight choreography alone isn't enough. Otherwise, I would just constantly watch those live-action fanmade Naruto clips on youtube (I did actually see one that was surprisingly good).

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 03:08 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

first 45 minutes were a bore..

last 15 minutes were awesome

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 03:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just watched the first episode. It was... It was just average. Nothing about it really stood out to me.

Originally posted by marwash22
Against my better judgement, I watched the pilot and had my thoughts about it confirmed... straight trash.

unlike recent 'Arrow' or 'Legends', etc., this one pisses me off because Black Lightning is one of the few characters we have, and now with this, the CW has given us shitty Black Lightning and shitty Mr. Terrific.

fck off, CW.

Mind elaborating as to why it was trash?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 03:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

As far as the resident black CW superhero goes does this mean that Firestorm now wins by default?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote