KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Supergirl vs. MCU Thor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 37 38 [39]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
She ran super fast at a White Martian. Just to stop and punch it at normal speed.

Well, this is what I was saying earlier. She doesn't use combat superspeed quite like the Flash does, but she can do quick super-speed dashes/charges. She's super-speed rammed people a few times now, IIRC.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 03:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
She's super-speed rammed people a few times now, IIRC.

Yeah but nothing Thor can't handle.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 03:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
Scientific intuition? In other words, you're guessing. In any case, whatever numbers you pull out shouldn't change the fact that WS can smash Bane's mask with one hit, unless you'd like to postulate that his mask is harder than concrete.

I don't believe WS can smash Bane's mask in one hit. I believe the mask is very durable.

The concrete feat doesn't count towards that because WS will not hit Bane exactly like he hit the concrete for several reasons.

Can't we discuss this in the WS vs. Bane thread?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:25 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
We haven't been discussing anything about SG or Thor. We are all derailing the thread.

Let's be honest here, the derailing is because you don't seem to understand basic concepts. which means we have to keep explaining things and correcting you.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor still wins.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:09 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I don't believe WS can smash Bane's mask in one hit. I believe the mask is very durable.

The concrete feat doesn't count towards that because WS will not hit Bane exactly like he hit the concrete for several reasons.

Can't we discuss this in the WS vs. Bane thread?

I have no wish to resurrect that thread, not when almost everyone agreed already that WS wins.

I can respect your wish to stay on topic, so I will drop this argument.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:33 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
I have no wish to resurrect that thread, not when almost everyone agreed already that WS wins.

I can respect your wish to stay on topic, so I will drop this argument.

It's not that he wants to stay on topic(as you can see from his post below), it's that he doesn't want to admit he's wrong.

We haven't been discussing anything about SG or Thor. We are all derailing the thread.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 05:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The writer>>>>>>>anything (including Canon) as they can change Canon whenever they see fit. They have FULL CREATIVE POWER. They are TOAA.

Spoilers ahead for the curren season but...

I wonder what the writers intention was when SG couldn’t simultaneously carry both halves of a plane.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 12:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Honestly, it's like the writers don't even try to stay consistent at this point. Because she had issues with the plane in one episode, but lifted an entire submarine in another episode.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 02:15 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah so “writer’s intention” literally has no relevance. We can only go by on screen feats and try to come up with some level of consistency ourselves.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 03:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Supergirl wins.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 05:43 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah so “writer’s intention” literally has no relevance. We can only go by on screen feats and try to come up with some level of consistency ourselves.

So what feats does Thor has that comes close to lifting a submarine?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 05:43 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Spoilers ahead for the curren season but...

I wonder what the writers intention was when SG couldn’t simultaneously carry both halves of a plane.

It's not about the lack of strength. Even season 1 pilot Kara could lift and alter the course of a plane.

https://static5.comicvine.com/uploa...+airplane+1.gif

Then there is the lifting of Fort Razz.

https://youtu.be/R-x5xXD1Z1I?t=148

You have to pretend that the lowest showings of Kara are her average for Thor to have any chance here.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 05:50 PM
MrMind

Kara easily

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:34 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Supergirl is too powerful.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:11 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote