KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances

Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances
Started by: MythLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And to weigh in on your debate with Myth if I may:
quote:
Luke dropped his useless lightsaber and crouched. His every muscle suddenly coiled and tensed. He rallied all the powers of the Force around him, seeking any defensive tactic.

-

Luke called upon the powers that Yoda and Obi-Wan had taught him--but everything he did, every skillful technique, failed utterly.
This does not say Luke rallied all the power of the Force, but all the powers (plural) i.e. abilities, not holistic strength, but rather all the powers Yoda and Kenobi had taught him. Which is not to say that he was at all applying these techniques to the best of his capabilities.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 21st, 2017 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances

Can I just say I love how you have to team up to argue against me, as always, when did you two get married?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
"All the power of the Force" clearly means all the power he could've mustered at that given moment.

All the powers of the Force around him, which could even refer to the Focusing Point directly below him.

Regardless, Luke himself has openly agreed with Mara's observation and deemed it correct. He'd know more about himself and his hinderences/weaknesses than Kun's yandere.

Luke agrees with her over-all statement about his choices and indecisiveness, what you're doing is attempting to massively reach and act as if Luke's completely incapable of anything.

You should have stuck to Sorcery, but apparently common sense has abandoned you.

A claim that has been debunked God knows how many times.

You mean NewGuy01 pointing out that Horn might not have the full measure of Luke's power? Rofl. Horn's obvious hyperbole simply means Kun is much more powerful than they could deal with.

Thankfully, this isn't one of those instances since it states Luke couldn't control his growing fear. Not to mention his emotional confliction.

Yet he's fully capable of drawing on said power in the battle and walks into it determined to face down whatever is on the roof. Tjeir battle is even described as a titanic clash of powers. laughing out loud

Not at all. "All the power of the Force" is obviously not just hyperbolic, but is referring to the power he could've mustered in that moment, unless you'd have me believe Corran Horn defended himself more adequately against Kyp's assault than Luke could have, which is absolutely hilarious. thumb up

Comparing telekinesis to the attacks they unleashed on Luke is straight up moronic.

When they actively draw on it, which you have no proof Luke did and it's completely out of character for Luke to do so. Otherwise, a DS nexus hinders any Light Sider who doesn't want to run the risk of tapping into it and giving into his anger/the dark side; something that is also been stated in Luke's exchange with Kun and Kyp.

You have no proof that Kun was even capable of doing so beyond anchoring his spirit to the Temples. Checkmate.

In all seriousness, the students state outright in Darksaber, not even a year after, that the Temples channel all kinds of Force energy, not just dark side energy.

You don't need it to be stated in order to use freaking common sense, but that's a skill long lost to you, I'm sure. thumb up

Oh, I'm sorry for not jumping to baseless conclusions, I know that's your typical bread and butter in a Kun debate though.

Kun isn't so much amplifying him as allowing him to see further, more clearly, opening his mind. That doesn't mean his raw power is > the power of the nexus.

He's literally stated to reinforce Kyp with his black-ice power.

It isn't Exar Kun's power. I really don't care how dense you are or how much you want to deny it, the actual primary source states it's Kyp's might using Kun's weapons. The Jedi Academy Training Manual also notes that Sith spirits can only possess the powers of their hosts; so it's not Kun's power being unleashed through Kyp, it's Kyp's power being magnified by Kun.

It's both of their power combined, Kun's lack of reserves is made up for by Kyp's own energy and emotions, which he is stated to draw from.

If he's so massively dependent on Kyp's power then do explain how he's almost killing all the other students, by himself, whilst they were mutually amping themselves beyond their own imagination. erm

Kyp is more than capable of matching/surpassing Kun's own reserves; it's just Kyp's power isn't enough to completely reanimate Exar's body or release him from his trap.

Source? That's never implied anywhere, if Kun's long lost reserves are restored he needs to drain power from the students, including Kyp. This is what releases him from his slumber.

Something you're seemingly incapable of. thumb up

Something you've lost all comprehensive ability for.

Possibly.

You're beginning to understand.

It means Kun couldn't have overcome Luke without Kyp's power, darling; yet Kun's power is >>>>> Kyp's according to you and your fallacious logic and somehow Durron played a much bigger role in that contest than Exar, who only served to cheapshot Skywalker and amplify Kyp.

Yes, Kun as a spirit used Kyp as a means to strike down Luke, Kyp Durron did play a large role in that, but so did Exar Kun who isn't nearly as powerful as he was in life, as confirmed by OOU and IU statements, one of which comes from Veitch himself.

And assuming Luke is less powerful than Exar, said surprise attack wouldn't have made Exar Kun flee like a b!tch and practically admit defeat. But it did.

Except it took Spirit Luke combining his power with thirteen other Jedi to defeat Kun's spirit. But let's ignore that.

I love how personally you're taking this. laughing out loud

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 11:31 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Beniboybling
My goodness, are you attempting to suggest that because Kun didn't die to Bnar's attack he can tank supernovas as well? What kind of quarter wit are you?

Not even close, Bnar is just extremely powerful in that state yet he didn't kill Kun with a blast, who was taken off-guard, he didn't even seriously injured him. Despite the fact he went on to outright incinerate Sedriss with a much less powerful Ossus.

And that same tree was more powerful than Kun. laughing

The planet amped tree, yes.

Retconned lel, Soruz Syn's own accounting states that they achieved authority by undermining their power structure and killing their king, garnering respect for their power, not enforcing it.

They did this after killing Gruash. laughing out loud

Not to mention Ommin was dominating and enraging millions in Iziz, with his first display of power. Despite Iziz being a stronghold of Dark Side cultists. Yet Exar Kun had already surpassed Nadd's spirit, who was solely responsible for Ommin's power, before he'd even left Yavin IV.

Well done for changing the goalposts there lel, your point was in regards to Kun attacking them, not the other way around. Vader's superior defences have already addressed, and in regards to "subduing Vader completely" is concerned - never happened.

I changed nothing, I'm displaying how powerful Urr was and Kun desrroyed him easily.

Never happened? Rofl, Sam Witwer's statements on the concepts of TFU3 don't weigh more than actual sources stating Starkiller outright defeated him.

Quite, and the subsequent road to retardation has been mapped out extensively by yourself over the years. thumb up

erm

Coming from a PT wanker this is hilarious.

The temple was designed to augment and focus the dark side all on its own.

Yes, but it didn't amplify the amulet, it was the other way around. Furthermore, the power was explicitly stated to come from his own heart.

What about an amp that magnified his hatred one hundred thousand times laughing out loud

Obvious hyperbole, it increased his rage and channelled it into Force Blasts. No such amp is relevant concerning the prime Exar Kun.

Quite, obliterating far more durable targets without the aid of a suped up death ray is much more impressive.

Far more durable? He was still capable of disintegrating them despite the fact they were alchemically designed to tank Republic artillery fire.

Love how you have to change the goal posts from Legends Vader to Canon Vader. laughing out loud

Sure thing darl, I'd say you should have stuck to the spirit feats and power-scaling, but when they've been debunked beyond belief I can understand your decision. sad

You can keep calling things debunked if that makes you feel better. laughing out loud

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 11:47 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances

Originally posted by AncientPower
Can I just say I love how you have to team up to argue against me, as always, when did you two get married?

At least I found love with an actual living being, as oppose to a fictional character. laughing out loud

All the powers of the Force around him, which could even refer to the Focusing Point directly below him.

Powers; plural, as in abilities. And it wouldn't make sense for Luke to draw on the Dark Side nexus, both from an in-character perspective and the fact that to do so he'd have to give into his anger and desperation, something the text notes he isn't going to do.

Luke agrees with her over-all statement about his choices and indecisiveness, what you're doing is attempting to massively reach and act as if Luke's completely incapable of anything.

Her overall statement being: a lack of control over his own fear leads to his inability to abuse the tremendous power Luke has at his disposal... Which is exactly what I'm arguing.

I'm not acting as if Luke is completely incapable of anything, so kindly stop with your strawman. Luke clearly is capable of doing something since, y'know, he successfully shielded his entire body from any physical damage from Kyp's lightning and Kun's tendrils. smile

My point is he isn't as capable as his power would imply he is, since his emotions don't allow it. This is tremendously backed up by the text in question.

You should have stuck to Sorcery, but apparently common sense has abandoned you.

Good, then we can finally have something in-common.

You mean NewGuy01 pointing out that Horn might not have the full measure of Luke's power? Rofl. Horn's obvious hyperbole simply means Kun is much more powerful than they could deal with.

That is a point worth mentioning, but Corran's primary judgement of Kun's power came from him masking his very presence from Luke despite being in close proximity.

Yet he's fully capable of drawing on said power in the battle and walks into it determined to face down whatever is on the roof. Tjeir battle is even described as a titanic clash of powers. laughing out loud

Yes; his connection to the Force isn't severed you dolt, so he can still draw on it. A titanic clash of powers also doesn't undermine or contradict the idea that Luke himself was hindered due to his emotional state. It just means even a weakened Luke possesses titanic power... Good hype. thumb up

I don't care if he's determined or not, he's still an emotional wreck because he's facing his best student and can't even control his growing fear.

Comparing telekinesis to the attacks they unleashed on Luke is straight up moronic.

I'd imagine Kyp is more capable with telekinesis, something he's displayed an aptitude for since he was a child, than Force lightning, to be honest.

You have no proof that Kun was even capable of doing so beyond anchoring his spirit to the Temples. Checkmate.

So a bunch of Light Side trainees can tap into the Dark Side nexus' power, but Exar Kun can't? laughing out loud

In all seriousness, the students state outright in Darksaber, not even a year after, that the Temples channel all kinds of Force energy, not just dark side energy.

Quote, please. It's firmly established to be "tremendous dark side energy". A Jedi is capable of drawing on the Dark Side of the Force and it's nexuses(Yoda: Dark Rendezvous), but they usually don't since, y'know, they're Light-Siders.

Oh, I'm sorry for not jumping to baseless conclusions, I know that's your typical bread and butter in a Kun debate though.

I think I've debated against Exar maybe... three times? And only twice with you. I don't have "typical bread and butter", but I know you do though. The butter's expired, btw. thumb up

He's literally stated to reinforce Kyp with his black-ice power.

Yeh, in the Sense department.

It's both of their power combined, Kun's lack of reserves is made up for by Kyp's own energy and emotions, which he is stated to draw from.

It's mostly Kyp, however, hence why every source primarily mentions Kyp's power using Exar's techniques and being boosted by Exar's BM or something along those lines.

If he's so massively dependent on Kyp's power then do explain how he's almost killing all the other students, by himself, whilst they were mutually amping themselves beyond their own imagination. erm

He's massively dependant on Kyp's power when fighting Luke, not when fighting a bunch of trainees, lmao.

Source? That's never implied anywhere, if Kun's long lost reserves are restored he needs to drain power from the students, including Kyp. This is what releases him from his slumber.

He's still awake, y'know. But Exar primarily yearns to re-animate/free himself from Yavin IV, which obviously takes more power than he's got even with his long-lost reserves restored.

Yes, Kun as a spirit used Kyp as a means to strike down Luke, Kyp Durron did play a large role in that, but so did Exar Kun who isn't nearly as powerful as he was in life, as confirmed by OOU and IU statements, one of which comes from Veitch himself.

Kun's role was amping Kyp and teaching him sh!t, which I acknowledge. It's Kyp's power, however, not Exar's.

Except it took Spirit Luke combining his power with thirteen other Jedi to defeat Kun's spirit. But let's ignore that.

Except it's never stated Luke needed the other thirteen of them; i I mean, a weaker Luke with the aid of a trainee Leia and baby severed Palpatine of the Force and controlled a Force Storm. I doubt he'd really need much assistance in severing the spirit of Exar Kun, someone who's canonically far and away inferior to Sidious.

Actually, if you think about it, Exar didn't start getting disintegrated by the Light Side energy until Luke came in, so Skywalker's actually doing the heavy lifting. thumb up

I love how personally you're taking this. laughing out loud

I'm not... I really couldn't care less about you or your TotJ fetish.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 02:04 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

AP getting destroyed per usual.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Not even close, Bnar is just extremely powerful in that state yet he didn't kill Kun with a blast, who was taken off-guard, he didn't even seriously injured him. Despite the fact he went on to outright incinerate Sedriss with a much less powerful Ossus.
Cool. Still not nearly powerful as the blasts Vader endured. The one Ood unleashed on Sedriss being visibly much more potent kek.

quote:
The planet amped tree, yes.
Good, glad we cleared that one up.

quote:
They did this after killing Gruash. laughing out loud
Ah I see, so you've got an updated source?

quote:
Not to mention Ommin was dominating and enraging millions in Iziz, with his first display of power. Despite Iziz being a stronghold of Dark Side cultists. Yet Exar Kun had already surpassed Nadd's spirit, who was solely responsible for Ommin's power, before he'd even left Yavin IV.
Not remotely, he was only able to trigger pockets of anger across the city, by gathering the energies of the dark side nexus. None of which are implied to be Force sensitive. You keep making up feats AP and its getting old. sad

quote:
I changed nothing, I'm displaying how powerful Urr was and Kun desrroyed him easily.
Less powerful than a frigate buster yeah.

quote:
Never happened? Rofl, Sam Witwer's statements on the concepts of TFU3 don't weigh more than actual sources stating Starkiller outright defeated him.
Did I mention Witwer? I was referring a common sense reading of the text, you should try it.

quote:
Coming from a PT wanker this is hilarious.
You mean someone who doesn't have their arguments debunked and ridiculed at every turn?

quote:
Yes, but it didn't amplify the amulet, it was the other way around. Furthermore, the power was explicitly stated to come from his own heart.
Perhaps provide proof. And is that an omission that the power generated by the amulet does not come from the wielder?

quote:
Obvious hyperbole, it increased his rage and channelled it into Force Blasts. No such amp is relevant concerning the prime Exar Kun.
And yet Kun being the darkest power in the galaxy isn't? laughing out loud

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't take it at face value, or anything close to it.

quote:
Far more durable? He was still capable of disintegrating them despite the fact they were alchemically designed to tank Republic artillery fire.
Orly? I'd appreciate proof. Not that it matters given the Twi'leks were made to fortify their cities against the threat of just a handful of Lyleks.

quote:
Love how you have to change the goal posts from Legends Vader to Canon Vader. laughing out loud
You never specified Legends or Canon darling, whereas from the outset I referred to Legends + Canon feats, because, as is standard, I am considering a composite. erm

quote:
You can keep calling things debunked if that makes you feel better. laughing out loud
No need darling, watching your constant failures provides me with all the happiness I need. smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances

quote:
Lmao it's alright dear, I understand you're not used to getting support from your peers. eek!

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 05:57 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luke Skywalker vs Exar Kun: Context and Circumstances

At least I found love with an actual living being, as oppose to a fictional character. laughing out loud

If Exar Kun was even in my top ten characters that might be funny.

Powers; plural, as in abilities. And it wouldn't make sense for Luke to draw on the Dark Side nexus, both from an in-character perspective and the fact that to do so he'd have to give into his anger and desperation, something the text notes he isn't going to do.

I'm going to put some stake in KJA's writing abilities and say that your interpretation is invalid given that it would render half of the entire quote redundant. It's clearly referring to his powers in the Force, given he refers to his defensive techniques failing later in the same quote.

Her overall statement being: a lack of control over his own fear leads to his inability to abuse the tremendous power Luke has at his disposal... Which is exactly what I'm arguing.

I'm not acting as if Luke is completely incapable of anything, so kindly stop with your strawman. Luke clearly is capable of doing something since, y'know, he successfully shielded his entire body from any physical damage from Kyp's lightning and Kun's tendrils. smile

My point is he isn't as capable as his power would imply he is, since his emotions don't allow it. This is tremendously backed up by the text in question.

Then your entire argument regarding his mental condition is moot because his mindset takes until Specters to actually sort itself out. (Kinda, not really)

That is a point worth mentioning, but Corran's primary judgement of Kun's power came from him masking his very presence from Luke despite being in close proximity.

Incorrect, it was Kun masking his ass kicking of Horn from the hallway just outside from the entire hall of Jedi-including Luke.

Yes; his connection to the Force isn't severed you dolt, so he can still draw on it. A titanic clash of powers also doesn't undermine or contradict the idea that Luke himself was hindered due to his emotional state. It just means even a weakened Luke possesses titanic power... Good hype. thumb up

I don't care if he's determined or not, he's still an emotional wreck because he's facing his best student and can't even control his growing fear.

Except Luke being hindered can apply to everything he's done until Specters.

I'd imagine Kyp is more capable with telekinesis, something he's displayed an aptitude for since he was a child, than Force lightning, to be honest.

Horn was also explicitly good with Tutaminis, your point?

So a bunch of Light Side trainees can tap into the Dark Side nexus' power, but Exar Kun can't? laughing out loud

Calling them trainees doesn't diminish them, lmfao.

Exar Kun's spirit is anchored to the Focal Points and sustains itself off of said power, that's it.

Quote, please. It's firmly established to be "tremendous dark side energy". A Jedi is capable of drawing on the Dark Side of the Force and it's nexuses(Yoda: Dark Rendezvous), but they usually don't since, y'know, they're Light-Siders.

quote:
That stopped further discussion. Dorsk 81 rose to his feet. "These temples were built long ago by the Massassi. We have learned," he nodded to Tionne, "that their original purpose was to serve as a focus for the energies that the Dark Lords of the Sith manipulated. We can use these temples for a similar purpose-but to serve the light side, to protect ourselves.
- Star Wars: Darksaber

quote:
He absorbed the full searing power amplifid through the Great Temple, focused it through his body and launched it at the fleet of Star Destroyers.
- Star Wars: Darksaber

Yeh, in the Sense department.

it's an over-all amplification of his powers, not on department, rofl.

It's mostly Kyp, however, hence why every source primarily mentions Kyp's power using Exar's techniques and being boosted by Exar's BM or something along those lines.

I think Kyp being comparatively 'feeble' and a 'light breeze' without him is much more telling.

He's massively dependant on Kyp's power when fighting Luke, not when fighting a bunch of trainees, lmao.

A bunch of trainees, one of whom goes on to be capable of exhausting Luke in combat. He was called Brakiss. erm

He's still awake, y'know. But Exar primarily yearns to re-animate/free himself from Yavin IV, which obviously takes more power than he's got even with his long-lost reserves restored.

He's still a spirit.

quote:
A few scant years later, Kun is brought sharply awake by the arrival of not one or two, but a dozen humans blazing with the power he needed to live again. Eagerly but cautiously, Kun observes each arrival, probing for weaknesses and the power he needs to restore his lost reserves of energy. For a time, he is able to subside by feeding on their residual energy, but soon he will need worshippers if he is to grow more active. With a nucleus of followers to provide him energy-providing anger and fear, Kun will have enough power to escape his exile and take on human form.
- Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Further cemented in a second source:

quote:
Exar Kun corrupted Luke’s most powerful student, Kyp Durron, and attempted to resurrect himself by draining power from Luke and the other trainees.
- Jedi VS Sith The Essential Guide to the Force

Kun's role was amping Kyp and teaching him sh!t, which I acknowledge. It's Kyp's power, however, not Exar's.

It's both and there's no arguing otherwise.

Except it's never stated Luke needed the other thirteen of them; i I mean, a weaker Luke with the aid of a trainee Leia and baby severed Palpatine of the Force and controlled a Force Storm. I doubt he'd really need much assistance in severing the spirit of Exar Kun, someone who's canonically far and away inferior to Sidious.

Actually, if you think about it, Exar didn't start getting disintegrated by the Light Side energy until Luke came in, so Skywalker's actually doing the heavy lifting. thumb up

Streen was the one who caused actual damage to him and then banished his spirit after Kirana Ti and Dorsk 81 cut through him with lightsabers.

I'm not... I really couldn't care less about you or your TotJ fetish.

I'm convinced.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 11:40 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by carthage
AP getting destroyed per usual.

Funny, because they've yet to prove anything that everybody doesn't already know.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 11:41 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Cool. Still not nearly powerful as the blasts Vader endured. The one Ood unleashed on Sedriss being visibly much more potent kek.

The blasts Vader endured aren't even within the same scope as a supernova wave (it was implied to be more than one actually), which is what Bnar, calling upon the same energy source, was capable of enduring. Yet his attack on an off-guard Kun can't even injure the Sith Lord. In other words, Vader ain't got shit to throw at him.

Good, glad we cleared that one up.

Yes, you've failed to grasp basic concepts, yet again.

Ah I see, so you've got an updated source?

Given the text in reference is after taking control of the Sith prople, sure.

Not remotely, he was only able to trigger pockets of anger across the city, by gathering the energies of the dark side nexus. None of which are implied to be Force sensitive. You keep making up feats AP and its getting old. sad

Lmfao, learn to read:

quote:
"Good," the wispy image of Freedon Nadd hissed, the sibilance slicing through the undercity's maze of passageways.

King Ommin concentrated harder, bolstered by his mentor's praise._He could indeed reel the subtle ebbs and flows of the thronging masses in the city above, just as Nadd had said. As he continued to absorb the sensations of millions of beings engrossed in their daily activities, he began to notice tiny pinpricks of violence and hatred erupting randomly across the whole of Iziz. The dark outbursts called to him, drew his thoughts near, asked him for reinforcement.

The image of the city above returned to him then, and he assaulted the pinpricks of evil scattered across cityscape with flares of dark side energy. The already vile incidents instantly grew worse, the individuals involved momentarily filled with a foreign hatred.
- Tales of the Jedi Companion

It doesn't mean he was restricted to inducing violence, that was only a single facet, as his powers are confirmed to dominate the people of Onderon:

quote:
King Ommin rose to power in the same manner as his ancestors of the last three centuries: by dominating the populace of Onderon with the dark side.

Point being, this kind of scale of domination is a low showing for somebody as powerful as Exar Kun, yet Vader hasn't got anything to compare to such wide scale influence.

Less powerful than a frigate buster yeah.

Dominating energies that ruined the surface of a planet whilst exhausted > blowing apart the already disintegrating bridge head of a Nebulon-B. laughing out loud

Did I mention Witwer? I was referring a common sense reading of the text, you should try it.

Or, y'know, him getting outright telekinetically dominated by the less powerful Galen Marek:

quote:
Vader prepared for combat again. His power over the apprentice, however, was gone. His lightsaber went skittering and sparking across the floor, twisted out of his grip by telekinesis. The Force wrenched him into the air, as he had once lifted the apprentice's father, and a barrage of missiles struck at him with increasing strength._He raised his gloved hands to defend himself, but the battery continued until, with a crash, the apprentice ripped the energy field generator in the center of the room right out of the floor and hurled it at his former Master.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Novelisation

You mean someone who doesn't have their arguments debunked and ridiculed at every turn?

You keep saying that as if it's true, which it never is. laughing out loud

Perhaps provide proof. And is that an omission that the power generated by the amulet does not come from the wielder?

How the hell does my stating that the text directly credits Kun's own rage as the source of energy equate to the power not coming from the weilder? laughing out loud

You could read the comic? The Massassi Priest dons the Amulet and then the temple starts channelling power from him to unleash the Wyrm.

And yet Kun being the darkest power in the galaxy isn't? laughing out loud

If only there were two other statements corroborating the statement from the comic. laughing out loud

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't take it at face value, or anything close to it.

Because if Exar Kun, who was already replacing Nadd as a great power in the galaxy, had his rage multiplied a thousand times, then another hundred thousand times, then he'd have destroyed the planet given that his distant inferiors with far lesser amplifications were destroying the cores of stars and manipulating solar flares.

Orly? I'd appreciate proof. Not that it matters given the Twi'leks were made to fortify their cities against the threat of just a handful of Lyleks.

quote:
While they made excellent forest warriors, they were not prepared for the highpowered ordnance they would have to face when fighting the forces of the Republic. Exar Kun rejoiced when he discovered the giant alchemical machine that had belonged to Naga Sadow. At last, he had the means to shape his Massassi servants as he needed them, and he knew just the Massassi on whom he could experiment: Zythmnr, the priest who had ordered Kun to be sacrificed.

The Sith disciple first altered Zythmnr physically, fusing the old priest's skin with metallic bioarmor and enhancing the Massassi's skeletal structure and musculature accordingly. Vicious claws became razored gauntlets, thick hide became hardened plating, and Zythmnr's head was encased in a shelled helmet. The process was excruciating for the Massassi. He not only survived, but also continued to worship Kun, willfully insisting the experiments continue.

Exar Kun was more than happy to comply. He took his next step: infusing his new warrior with the dark side using some of his own physical makeup as a template. When Zythmnr readily took to the treatment-and even showed potential with Force skills-Kun chose several more "volunteers" to continue his work. Before long, he had several dozen living weapons that exuded the raw power and energy of the dark side. Upon feeling their power firsthand, the Jedi called them "abominations."
- The Dark Side Sourcebook

He is stated in the Audio Drama to still be capable of reducing them to 'ashes' just before he recovers the Corsair, so yes he's capable of disintegrating what are essentially mutated tanks with Dark Side powers of their own.

You never specified Legends or Canon darling, whereas from the outset I referred to Legends + Canon feats, because, as is standard, I am considering a composite. erm

Of course you are, because otherwise we both know this would have ended in your nth loss even sooner.

No need darling, watching your constant failures provides me with all the happiness I need. smile

If 'failures' refer to my inability to lose to you in basically any discussion, then sure.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 12:55 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

When Vader can:

-physically tank Force attacks from beings that can tank supernova waves that fry the surfaces of planets.

Malachor

quote:
-easily dominate millions of Sith.

Huh? What Sith?

quote:
-one-shot Jedi such as Odan-Urr, Thon and Baas through the Force.

Galen Marek? Aurra Sing? Jax Pavan? ****ing Ferus Olin?

quote:
-has become powerful than Vitiate, pre-prime.

Are we using fanfics now?

quote:
-disintegrate dozens if not hundreds of Massassi whilst massively pre-prime.

Which beats ragdolling Marek how?

quote:
There might be a discussion.

Vader is Ragnos to Nadd tier at best. [/B]

People like you are why I don't get on here anymore.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
People like you are why I don't get on here anymore.

Yet, you're here. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lol Fated, did you even read the thread?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 05:27 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yet, you're here. laughing out loud

What can I say? when Pres. Trump doesn't tweet for awhile I get bored. I have to get my daily dose of cancer somewhere :4

Lol Fated, did you even read the thread?

Yeh. Just did. Too late2editnaodoe

Disregard what I said.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

(please log in to view the image)

Fair enough.

That is an excellent demonstration of strength from Exar Kun.

Exar Kun is far more powerful than him.

Freedon Nadd dominated the world of Onderon. How does that translate into Exar Kun dominating millions of Sith?

As if I claimed otherwise.

OK

Those are Revan TIER feats.

Confirmed in three sources, nothing contradicts this until the Encyclopedia which is dated 350 years after.

Their assessment is valid for the "known aspects of the galaxy" during that time. Vitiate is a hidden threat.

TOR encyclopedia covers wider spectrum of realities.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 01:01 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The blasts Vader endured aren't even within the same scope as a supernova wave (it was implied to be more than one actually), which is what Bnar, calling upon the same energy source, was capable of enduring. Yet his attack on an off-guard Kun can't even injure the Sith Lord. In other words, Vader ain't got shit to throw at him.
Uhuh, what Bnar unleashed on Kun wasn't even close to the full extent of his power. That should be quite obvious from the events of DE. And Kun didn't have shit on him either, lel.

quote:
Given the text in reference is after taking control of the Sith prople, sure.
That's not true for either of them, kek.

quote:
Lmfao, learn to read:

It doesn't mean he was restricted to inducing violence, that was only a single facet, as his powers are confirmed to dominate the people of Onderon:

Point being, this kind of scale of domination is a low showing for somebody as powerful as Exar Kun, yet Vader hasn't got anything to compare to such wide scale influence.
Uhuh, try to understand that he needn't TP every single person on the planet to exert dominance over the populace holistically. In which respect, his efforts in targeting pinpricks is all he has displayed. thumb up

quote:
Dominating energies that ruined the surface of a planet whilst exhausted > blowing apart the already disintegrating bridge head of a Nebulon-B. laughing out loud
He obliterated over a hundred meters length of intact frigate darling no matter how you attempt to lowball it, he also obliterated a horde of powerful Marek clones with a similar repulse, both of which are much more impressive than subduing some Sith spirits who no, where not responsible for the ruination of the planet.

quote:
Or, y'know, him getting outright telekinetically dominated by the less powerful Galen Marek
By which point he'd been beaten in body and spirit, not an accurate showing at all, nor is their any strict evidence that the original was less powerful. Try again.

quote:
You keep saying that as if it's true, which it never is. laughing out loud
I guess in your position denial is the best form of medicine. sad

quote:
How the hell does my stating that the text directly credits Kun's own rage as the source of energy equate to the power not coming from the weilder? laughing out loud
I see, so what your saying is that despite the amulet's power being contained with "it's heart", it's capable of channelling power in addition from external sources, like for example, the Sith temple? I think you're on to something here AP.

quote:
[You could read the comic? The Massassi Priest dons the Amulet and then the temple starts channelling power from him to unleash the Wyrm.
That's stated nowhere, rather it appears he is channelling and intensifying the power of the temple through the amulet, which only lends itself to my point.

quote:
If only there were two other statements corroborating the statement from the comic. laughing out loud
There is no other statement that describes Kun as the most powerful darkness in the galaxy, naw.

quote:
Because if Exar Kun, who was already replacing Nadd as a great power in the galaxy, had his rage multiplied a thousand times, then another hundred thousand times, then he'd have destroyed the planet given that his distant inferiors with far lesser amplifications were destroying the cores of stars and manipulating solar flares.
Manipulating energies and obliterating matter exist on entirely different metrics, so this argument is flawed from the off, moreover there is no logic to what amounted to a battleship-sized amulet being inferior to a gauntlet fashioned by the same Dark Lord, nor the gauntlets Naga Sadow wore when he caused those solar flares. Finally given Nadd was by your own argument a shadow of his former self, we've no reason to believe Kun's even in Sadow's league.

quote:
He is stated in the Audio Drama to still be capable of reducing them to 'ashes' just before he recovers the Corsair, so yes he's capable of disintegrating what are essentially mutated tanks with Dark Side powers of their own.
Don't stop there I'd like to see the quote from the audio drama please. smile

quote:
Of course you are, because otherwise we both know this would have ended in your nth loss even sooner.
Sure thing AP, next thing you'll be demanding that I use movie feats only. laughing out loud

quote:
If 'failures' refer to my inability to lose to you in basically any discussion, then sure.
Inability is the right word, you are indeed incapable of conceding to the reality of your own stupidity. smile

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:15 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Uhuh, what Bnar unleashed on Kun wasn't even close to the full extent of his power. That should be quite obvious from the events of DE. And Kun didn't have shit on him either, lel.

He reached into Ossus and summoned its power to blast him, how is that not even close to the full extent of his power when he did the same thing to summon_an impenetrable Force barrier? You're losing it by the post.

That's not true for either of them, kek.

Funny, because I own the book and it looks to me like you're just making up shit. Nor are the two statements regarding his rule mutually contradictive, he could have done both in sequence. You've got no basis for a retcon.

Uhuh, try to understand that he needn't TP every single person on the planet to exert dominance over the populace holistically. In which respect, his efforts in targeting pinpricks is all he has displayed. thumb up

He was displaying the power in pinpricks of millions of people across the city, even a fraction of those millions is a greater feat against the masses than anything Vader has. Not to mention, this was his mere initiation into the dark side, he achieves even greater feats afterward.

He obliterated over a hundred meters length of intact frigate darling no matter how you attempt to lowball it, he also obliterated a horde of powerful Marek clones with a similar repulse, both of which are much more impressive than subduing some Sith spirits who no, where not responsible for the ruination of the planet.

Yes, I own the book and the entire bridgehead is disintegrating upon reentry, but he decides it isn't disintegrating fast enough and rips the remainder apart.

Once again, you're wrong:

quote:
Gradually however, the world's resources were depleted by a Sith disciple driven mad by the power of the dark side. She enslaved the sentient species and used many of the native fauna as beasts of burden. Concentrating all of her efforts on the creation of an enormous dark-side obelisk that rose into the sky like a black spike wedged into the planet's surface. Over hundreds of years the construction continued. The Sith sorceress' obsession as strong as ever.
As far as Jedi Scholars have been able to determine, she attemped a complex Sith ritual that called on more power than any individual had asked of the dark side before. For some unknown reason, the rite failed, and the sorceress unleashed a wave of Force power that destroyed every living thing on the planet and infused the remaining elements with deep dark-side stains.
Jedi Master Thon, guided by the Force, eventually sought out Ambria and drove the darkness that reigned upon the planet for millennia into an immense body of water that he dubbed "Natth", which means cage in his native tongue.

Yet Thon is only the third most powerful Jedi of his era, beneath Urr and Baas.

By which point he'd been beaten in body and spirit, not an accurate showing at all, nor is their any strict evidence that the original was less powerful. Try again.

Meaning he lost, glad we agree. thumb up

Starkiller is stated to gain the original's incredible Force power and grew more powerful throughout the novel, where he defeats Vader there too.

I guess in your position denial is the best form of medicine. sad

Hilarious, because you're clearly on your desperate last foot.

I see, so what your saying is that despite the amulet's power being contained with "it's heart", it's capable of channelling power in addition from external sources, like for example, the Sith temple? I think you're on to something here AP.

You are a genuine moron:

quote:
What Exar Kun understands is that the dark rage that fills his own heart can be focused in this amulet, unleashing tremendous dark side energies!
- Tales of the Jedi Omnibus Volume 2: Dark Lords of the Sith

That's stated nowhere, rather it appears he is channelling and intensifying the power of the temple through the amulet, which only lends itself to my point.

He is using the amulet to fire up the Temple's focal point and summon the Wyrm beneath. It's obvious. erm

There is no other statement that describes Kun as the most powerful darkness in the galaxy, naw.

The TCSWE states he's the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith up to and of his time, in the original Fact File #1 he's also granted the title of Most powerful of all the Sith Lords in an article referring to Sith of the time. Tales of the Jedi is merely echoing these statements.

Manipulating energies and obliterating matter exist on entirely different metrics, so this argument is flawed from the off, moreover there is no logic to what amounted to a battleship-sized amulet being inferior to a gauntlet fashioned by the same Dark Lord, nor the gauntlets Naga Sadow wore when he caused those solar flares. Finally given Nadd was by your own argument a shadow of his former self, we've no reason to believe Kun's even in Sadow's league.

Except the amp used by Sadow and Keto to cause supernovas is actually more like activating a Sith alchemy superweapon with their power and ruing the core of the star. Exar Kun on the otherhand, according to your logic, is literally having his rage multiplied a thousand times and then having that multiplied a hundred thousand times.

If he can shine with more power than Keto's sorcery has ever afforded her, before gaining tremendous dark side power and then becoming even more powerful off of the Dark Holocron then he is easily capable of doing the same thing that Sadow had achieved. Yet here we are with you claiming that Exar Kun unleashing his dark rage × 1k × 100k wouldn't be focusing far more power than either of his canonical inferiors could have ever been focusing through the Corsair.

Nadd at the time had been feeding off of centuries of his own descendants and claiming their power, before absorbing the powers of trapped Jedi Masters from a crystal. Exar Kun just needed to create him a new body capable of sustaining him and he'd have returned to life.

Nadd is confirmed to be far more powerful than Sadow is, regardless of Sadow' real state at the time (sources conflict) before becoming even more powerful over a century of Onderonian rule later, by which time he's stated to become an even greater Sorceror than Marka Ragnos, who is indisputably Sadow's superior.

Don't stop there I'd like to see the quote from the audio drama please. smile

quote:
"If you're wasting my time, I'll use my amulet to burn you to ashes!"
- Exar Kun, Tales of the Jedi Audio Drama

Context: He's threatening his very first disciple, who was the first to be subjected to his alchemy. This is when they discover the Corsair, after Kun has already been using Sith alchemy.

Sure thing AP, next thing you'll be demanding that I use movie feats only. laughing out loud

A Legends debate is preferable, where you don't have to try and pick & mix his Canon feats whilst ignoring some of his worst showings.

Inability is the right word, you are indeed incapable of conceding to the reality of your own stupidity. smile

Coming from the one getting schooled, this is cute.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:03 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Fair enough.

That is an excellent demonstration of strength from Exar Kun.

Indeed.

Freedon Nadd dominated the world of Onderon. How does that translate into Exar Kun dominating millions of Sith?

This is in reference to Ajunta Pall.

OK

Those are Revan TIER feats.

I'd have Urr, Baas and Thon all above Nyriss given Thon's immense Ambria feat and the fact the other two are canonically more powerful than him. Revan doesn't really matter in this debate though.

Their assessment is valid for the "known aspects of the galaxy" during that time. Vitiate is a hidden threat.

No such restrictions were placed on any of them. It is also highly telling that the ancient Sith would proclaim Exar Kun the true Dark Lord of the Sith to usher in a Golden Age of the Sith, if they didn't think Exar Kun had the strength to surpass the Sith Emperor.

TOR encyclopedia covers wider spectrum of realities.

It's seriously lacking, if anything.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:10 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

when the hell did kun ever "one shot" baas?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I believe AP is saying since Kun one-shot Urr, he can do it to Baas too, if he so chooses.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote