KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Josh, as much as I don't think you'd be able to properly make this argument, you're making mistake by keeping this in the realm of a posteriori (knowledge from sense experience and empirical evidence), whereas the case you need to make is a priori (knowledge such as mathematics, tautology, or as is relevant to this case deductive reasoning).

The whole debate here between me and SunRazer is our Ancestors way of thinking and perception of things.

Ive properly given evidence that our ancestors werent good portraying advanced techs whilst Razer claims that our ancestors shouldve been able to portray Aliens accordingly.

Furthermore, Razer is claiming that our ancestors were incapable of understanding natural process which were misinterpreted as Gods/Godly, wheras ive given him evidence showing that our ancestors technology/science was advanced enough to deferenciate between a cloud and a UFO.

Ive supported my case accordingly.

I dont understand what you are asking of me. May you further explain yourself.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:56 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Wait what? So are you arguing God is actually aliens we've misrepresented through religion?

Is this some prometheus shit here?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:58 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Wait what? So are you arguing God is actually aliens we've misrepresented through religion?

Well yeah...thats been the debate between me and Razer all this while...What have you been readibg alk this long.

Why not?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:29 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ahem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...d_UFO_sightings

God's real bro

Josh Alexander is right. We're all idiots.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:27 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I am all f*cking for that. I love Halo.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:04 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I am all f*cking for that. I love Halo.

Who doesnt!? laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:52 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

laughing out loud

Well to get this topic back on track, here is another good Sam Harris video dismantling religion, except this time he does it within a church. This is a really good little conversation, civil and respectful...

Everyone is an atheist torward the thousands of gods they don't believe in. Atheists just gone one God further...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

In case anyone wants to watch Sam Harris slaughter Christianity again, this is a good watch...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 11:35 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Didn't watch it, but I assume it's Sam Harris destroying the tenets of Christianity and religion overall again?

Was it as good as when he destroyed Jordan Peterson?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 07:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't watch it, but I assume it's Sam Harris destroying the tenets of Christianity and religion overall again?

Was it as good as when he destroyed Jordan Peterson?

It's basically the same speech from the original post of this thread, but someone synced it with appropriate video footage, so it's actually much more poignant.

Peterson is an intellectual joke when it comes to religion.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2020 02:52 PM
Artol

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Peterson is an intellectual joke when it comes to religion.

Or anything. His 12 Rules is a joke of a book.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 08:44 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NostalgiaSearch

Re: Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

I love this guy. I just ordered a couple of his books. Some highlights from this video:

~ If you're born in the wrong part of the world, then sorry, you just missed the correct revelation to get to heaven.

~ Christianity is a cult of human sacrifice and when put in different contexts makes it look like the beliefs of a lunatic.

~ Serial killers can go to heaven after a life of evil brutality just by saying a few words on death row.

~ God is praised with some activities, but does he get the blame for atrocities? No, it's said that he's "mysterious."

~ When Elves die in The Lord of the Rings they can be reborn in Middle Earth. lol

~ The God of the Bible is morally corrupt, but because it's declared that "He's God," it doesn't matter what he does or says, it's automatically good because he's God.

I feel like this is less a critique of Christianity and more just Sam Harris' own fabricated interpretation of the Bible. If he wants to properly tear down Christianity he should make sure his knowledge of scripture is strong, as opposed to tearing down things that many Christians don't even believe, or are unsure about.

1. The Bible doesn't say that people born without access to knowledge of Jesus are incapable of heaven. Abraham was born long before Jesus was, and it's made clear he will be in heaven, he was commended for his faith. On top of this, the Bible (particularly the book of Revelations), makes it clear that heaven and hell are not the only afterlife options. There's heaven, hell, earth, the new heaven, the new earth and the second death. Sleep is also an implied option. Someone could end up in any of these places, depending on their faith and/or their works.

2. Is like saying that evolution is the belief that my uncle is an chimpanzee. You try and tell someone who is ignorant in a sentence what "evolution" is and their first response would be that you are crazy.

3. They can be forgiven for it, in theory, doesn't mean they'll make it to heaven though. That's not scriptural.

4. Ok. No surprise that an entity as big as God is mysterious to small humans.

5. Probably inspired by the Bible. Tolkien was a Christian after all.

6. I'm not even sure if it's biblical to say that everything God does is "good". But it
would be biblical to say that he doesn't do evil.

An accurate, scripture wide interpretation of Gods nature would be this: He is omnipresent, eternal, and possesses all of the power and knowledge in the universe. He doesn't owe us eternal life and so our time on earth is temporary. Only God knows the details of what will happen in the afterlife for any given individual, it's not black and white.

Being all powerful doesn't mean there aren't limits to what he can do, after all you can't be more powerful than all powerful, the upper limit to his own power is his inability to contradict himself. The limits are set by himself.

Old Post May 15th, 2020 10:58 AM
NostalgiaSearch is currently offline Click here to Send NostalgiaSearch a Private Message Find more posts by NostalgiaSearch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NostalgiaSearch

When the Bible talks about needing faith in Jesus, it's only for those who know who Jesus is.

Old Post May 15th, 2020 11:45 AM
NostalgiaSearch is currently offline Click here to Send NostalgiaSearch a Private Message Find more posts by NostalgiaSearch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Artol
Or anything. His 12 Rules is a joke of a book.
thumb up very true

Old Post May 15th, 2020 07:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Patient Leech has a hard on for Sam Harris.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 24th, 2020 07:34 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

Originally posted by NostalgiaSearch
There's heaven, hell, earth, the new heaven, the new earth and the second death. Sleep is also an implied option. Someone could end up in any of these places, depending on their faith and/or their works.

Salvation by faith in Hey-Zeus. Not works. Clearly you don't know Christian doctrine like you claim you do.

2. Is like saying that evolution is the belief that my uncle is an chimpanzee. You try and tell someone who is ignorant in a sentence what "evolution" is and their first response would be that you are crazy.

Wtf does this even mean? Evolution has nothing to do with belief. It's the fundamental explanation for the diversity of life backed up by multiples lines of scientific evidence.

3. They can be forgiven for it, in theory, doesn't mean they'll make it to heaven though. That's not scriptural.

The scripture says a ton of contradictory nonsense, so just about anything can be scriptural or NOT scriptural (simultaneously). But the general Christian dogma is that you just have to repeat a few magic lines to the invisible man in the sky and you are "saved," forgiven of sin and you get to hang out with your victims in heaven apparently (that wouldn't be awkward or anything).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 08:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: Re: Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

The scripture says a ton of contradictory nonsense, so just about anything can be scriptural or NOT scriptural (simultaneously)....

Case in point (see below). So fu#k scriptural nonsense. Grow up and engage with reality instead of superstition.

Attachment: fb_img_1600280498369.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 03:23 PM
NostalgiaSearch

Re: Re: Re: Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

Salvation by faith in Hey-Zeus. Not works. Clearly you don't know Christian doctrine like you claim you do.

Wtf does this even mean? Evolution has nothing to do with belief. It's the fundamental explanation for the diversity of life backed up by multiples lines of scientific evidence.

The scripture says a ton of contradictory nonsense, so just about anything can be scriptural or NOT scriptural (simultaneously). But the general Christian dogma is that you just have to repeat a few magic lines to the invisible man in the sky and you are "saved," forgiven of sin and you get to hang out with your victims in heaven apparently (that wouldn't be awkward or anything).

*Yeshua. You assumed I was using and/or exclusively, when I was actually using it inclusively.

You're right, modern sources often disagree on details, the problem is that you're attributing these flaws to the authors of the Bible rather than to the people who didn't bother to study the scriptures properly, such as yourself!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 03:43 PM
NostalgiaSearch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

Case in point (see below). So fu#k scriptural nonsense. Grow up and engage with reality instead of superstition.

Saying it's better to fear God than people, doesn't contradict the fact that it's better to love God than be afraid of him.

Both statements can be true and they don't really contradict each other.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 03:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

None of what you've said really addresses the point or provides any reasonable explanation of such scriptural stupidity.

But just for fun let me post out the passages mentioned...

Matthew 10:
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 22:
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

1 John 4:
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

If the Matthew 10 passage confuses you, then swap it out with the many "fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" passages. Even the slightest application of logic shows this to be scriptural stupidity. But yes, I know logic is supposed to be abandoned and replaced with all sorts of rationalizations and excuses. I'm savvy to it all. And that's why it's a cult.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 07:26 PM