KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Hamill to Johnson: "I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything..."

Hamill to Johnson: "I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything..."
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's Mark's point. He's the Jedi Master and should be capable of counseling himself. Like Mark said, if this was a few weeks or months, then fair enough, but not for years.
Right, it's challenging the idea of Luke as the wise Jedi Master we expected him to be, as opposed to the flawed and susceptible individual we're presented with, who's become deeply disillusioned and lost hope.

quote:
Then he should have said that, instead of saying "The Jedi Must End!"

Problem is he wasn't reforming the Jedi, which he could have done being the only one. But instead He was advocating their extinction. And this before he's helped in sorting out the Snoke and Kylo problem.
That's the cynical conclusion he comes to yeah, that the Jedi and the concept of what it is to be a Jedi are beyond saving. Could he have taken a more optimistic reformist approach? Yeah. But that wouldn't have driven conflict, like Rian said, for Rey it's the hardest thing for her to possibly hear in that moment.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 27th, 2017 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think the new SW will find it's fanbase. It will be interesting to see if it is as dedicated, faithful and supportive as the fanbase of the OT, or the part that stoped to care after TLJ. I don't think Disney cares or needs those fans but I have a hard time seeing the new fans watching this movie in the cinemas more than twice. If they enjoy it and are ready to pay for it, more power to them, it's good that people find things they love and care about. They also should accept that not everyone shares their taste and just ignore it, like I for example will ignore upcoming Disney movies (at least in cinemas).

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I have seen it more than twice in the theatre, paid for the visual dictionary for the film, and already pre purchased it on my Ps4. So I'd say you're wrong and Star Wars will be fine. I bet most of you haters will see the next film after your period ends. You're just hurt and clearly in pain.

Disney does care about the fans because without them the brand is useless. You just didn't like the product so it's end of the world type overreactions. Be a man and quit being so damn emotional.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:12 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote