KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dumbest comic book character costume

Dumbest comic book character costume
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Original supes was one of the most spot on costumes

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 21st, 2017 05:13 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am of two minds about the Diamondback costume. In terms of accuracy, minus the helmet, it is a very good take on old-school comic version. But, at the same time, it looks ridiculous in a modern live-action adaptation. I mean earlier in the series, they had Luke briefly wear his classic comic look, and even the character himself remarked in the show that he looked stupid. So, even the writers knew that those older looks did not really work, yet still chose to go that route with Diamondback.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 05:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

1. Steel
2. Barakapool from Wolverine: Origins
3. Schumaker Batman & Robin
4. Amazing Spider-Man 2 Green Goblin
5. Diamondback

Honorable Mentions that are mentioned honorably because I don't know if they actually count: Galactus in FF2: Silver Surfer (cloud instead of the big purple planet eater we all know and love) and Peter Sarsgaard's Hector Hammond from Green Lantern 2011 (really just had a labcoat on - not a costume per se - but did have the giant melon makeup head.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 06:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 12:25 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^Good choice.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 12:34 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think some of us would've mentioned Juggernaut if we hadn't exorcised the memory of X3 from our minds and memories. If Juggernaut was in a movie now though, I think he would be better looking than that 2006 pos, at least to some degree, but you know, Fox generally has to take their baby steps when it comes to progressing & improving in areas...

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If Juggernaut is in a movie again, he'll definitely be much closer to his red armored look, and hopefuly with a proper helmet.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

They gave young Magneto a better looking red helmet than the one in the first trilogy, so I don't see why they wouldn't do better with Juggernaut similarly...

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:27 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 03:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Original supes was one of the most spot on costumes

I missed someone posting that as a bad costume.
I agree it was pretty spot on.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 04:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by jaden101

Yeah, this one definitely deserves a mention. That weird rubber muscle suit and helmet did not work.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 05:41 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I doubt you'll find any really good costumes in any of the X-Men movies. MAYBE the First Class ones, but that's it.

They had exceptionally good make-up at times though. And some really cool-looking props (logan's claws, Cyclops's visor).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 05:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well...

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 06:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Will.i.am did a decent John Wraith.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 06:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm

Ah wasn't bad for the 80's on a Tv budget.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 07:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KingD19

Well...

I said X-Men, not shitverine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 08:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still.....That was one of the better things from that movie.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 09:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah that was pretty good actually.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 09:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
MAYBE the First Class ones, but that's it.

Those suits were obnoxious.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 10:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

They were... Better example, imo at least would be Psylocke in Apocalypse who looked spot on costume and appearance wise, or at least as close as we're probably gonna get unless you prefer the one in X3.

The makeup seems to be the X films' stronger suit as pointed out, even though Nightcrawler in Apoc was kind of a step down from X2 Kurt in that regard sadly. Apoc's makeup was for the most part decent but his costume and shape was what was more off/different. As hated as that Apoc is by some, I don't think he deserves mention here like Juggernaut, the last F4's Dr Doom, and some of them others do. *shudder*

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 05:14 PM