KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Movie/TV Team Builder Game

Movie/TV Team Builder Game
Started by: Nuke Nixon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

(please log in to view the image)

Billy Madison
BILLY MADISON-PETER PAN

Literally suffers from Peter Pan Syndrome, and learned to love kids when he repeated his school years. He'll protect them from Capt. Hook or anyone else that tries to hurt them. Like all Sandler characters Billy is smarter than he seems, good in a fight, and is obscenely lucky.

Julie Wicker
THE MAGICIANS-SNOW WHITE

She has the magic to contend with the Evil Queen, and has dealt with fantasy settings before in going to Fillory. She can rally the Dwarves and anyone else she needs, as she's not afraid to get really brutal to win a fight.

Carl Grimes
THE WALKING DEAD-JACK THE GIANT KILLER

This kid has seen the worst shit imaginable since like age 12. He's been shot in the chest, had to kill his own mother, gotten his eye shot out, seen friends brutally killed. Climbing a beanstalk, storming a castle, stealing a goose, dealing with a giant...these things arent going to faze him.

Alisha Daniels
MISFITS-QUEEN ELSA

She jumped out at me as someone who's power lends itself to isolation. In the Ice Kingdom she'll be covered up, able to avoid accidentally touching someone.
If and when she does, she'll mess their G-rated minds UP.

Sara & Seth
RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN-HANSEL & GRETEL

Was torn between kids lost in the woods, and the ass kiicking versions from the Jeremy Renner movie. Decided to split the difference. Sara and Seth are kids, but i'd put their alien powers on par with most any witch.

Gunner
THE EXPENDABLES-SHREK

Ugly on the outside, he's even made fun of by his teammates for his looks, he's considered himself a monster at times, but gotten better. He has a soft side he keeps hidden. A veritable giant and master of armed/unarmed combat. He can take the fight to whoever he needs to.

Ben Tennyson
BEN 10-ALADDIN

He doesnt have a Genie and 3 magic wishes, but he has an Omnitrix and 10 kick ass super powered alien forms. It'll seem like magic to the locals. Ben also has that fun attitude that will carry him through any adventure.

***the only one that i got stuck on was Merida, Nuke.
Fircas many kid shows as i watch i'm ashamed of myself!
Looking forward to your pucks, especially for her.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 10:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Peter Pan: Henry Turner (PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales) The son of a pirate should be able to fend off Hook and the gang. He believes in curses and magic, the kid will be able to fly like the Pan no problem.
Snow White: Juliet van Heusen (Wizards of Waverly Place) A vampire with a soul --very rare, she's tough enough to deal with the Evil Queen and pretty enough to be the Fairest in the Land.
Jack the Giant Killer: Perseus (Clash of the Titans) If you want a guy that can take on giants you want Perseus, with killing The Kraken on his resume, the realm is safe as can be.
Queen Elsa: Winnie Goodwin (Free Spirit) A super friendly good witch, very powerful but her magic sometimes causes more problems than it fixes so she has to be careful around people.
Hansel & Gretel: Jon Snow and Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) The King in the North and his assassin sister should beat six kinds of hell out of any witches that are feeling froggy.
Merida: Susan Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia) A gifted archer with a magical bow, Scotland should be in safe hands.
Shrek: Rubeus Hagrid (Harry Potter Series) Lives off by himself, large and strange looking (to a Muggle) and protective of his friends and fellow creatures great and small, this magical half giant should be more than able to keep the peace.
Aladdin: Dastan (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time) A resourceful street urchin with a magical dagger that controls time, should be right at home going up against Jafar.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 12:05 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Billy Madison as Pan... you're killing me Smalls, you're absolutely killing me.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 02:12 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What? That was a great pick!

Nice buncha picks; like your Elsa, Aladdin & Shrek ones best.
STILL not channeling a Merida pick. Damn that one just messed me up! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Merida is easy, you're looking for a strong willed young woman, good at archery, vaguely Scot-Irish, preferably a redhead but that's optional.

My second pick for her was Katniss Everdeen. You could even use Tauriel from The Hobbit.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 10:46 AM
riv6672

I thought of everdeen and was not...feeling it. sad

Thats just too many things you gotta get just so! I doff my hat to you on that one. You got me!

This was a fun build, though. You should do another in the same style.
But dang it the sequel's never as good as the original! eek!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 11:01 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I don't know if we're still doing this or not.

Challenge: The Wild Bunch

Concept: Assemble a team from different genres to defend a small town from a gang of similarly diverse characters.

Rules: Pick one character from each genre, tv or movies, no Marvel/DC.

Action
Comedy
Horror
Science Fiction
Drama
Romance
Fantasy
Western
Musical
Adventure

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:18 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Action: John McClane (Die Hard)
Comedy: Zohanelen Dvir (You Don't Mess with the Zohan)
Horror: MacCready (The Thing)
Science Fiction: Ellen Ripley (Alien: Ressurection)
Drama: Lt Commander Tom Farrell (No Way Out)
Romance: Bella Cullen (Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2)
Fantasy: Madmartigan (Willow)
Western: Wyatt Earp (Tombstone)
Musical: Captain Georg von Trapp (The Sound of Music)
Adventure: Allan Quartermain (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

No pics because no one cares anymore.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:08 AM
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Can you make anything viable with the Wizard of Oz archetypes?

A lost girl, a coward,
someone with a wonky memory/dumb, someone heartless/who thinks he's not human.

Throw in a cool dog for bonus points i guess!

(Yeah imma go to sleep starting too get silly)

Mathilda from The Professional, on her way to get her life straight by going back to school, accidentally kills the wicked Mama Fratelli, rescuing The Goonies in the process.
Thats my Dorothy, Wicked Witch of the East, and Munchkins stand ins.

Mama Fratelli was the US narcotics distributor for 'La Reina' Elena Sanchez, who targets Mathilda in retaliation. On the run, Mathilda runs into German Shepard Max, an ex-Marine suffering from PTSD. The two decide to stick together.
Thats my Wicked Witch of the West and Toto.

Mathilda and Toto are contacted by Grace Faraday, who works for Mia Wallace (Mia hates Elena for trying to sleep with her husband Marcellus), and told about a man in Seattle who has a magical reputation of being able to solve most anyone's problems, no matter what they are, if the person is willing to deal.
His name is Kevin Lomax, who's day job is Partner at Milton Chadwick Waters Law Firm. Some say he's just a front man for someone behind the scenes, but no one says it too loudly.
Lomax can surely provide Mathilda a new identity and safe place to call home.
Thats my North/South Witches, and my Wizard/man behind the curtain.

On the way to Seattle, Mathilda and Toto are chased by Elena's enforcers, The Mayan Motorcycle Club.
Fortunately help is found in the form of Leonard Shelby, an amnesiac who joins Mathilda hoping Kevin Lomax can restore his fractured memory, lethal assassin Chev Chelios, who literally needs a heart, and Virgil Starkwell, an inept, somewhat cowardly, but goodnatured bank robber looking to start a new life out of the country.
Thats my flying ass monkeys, Scarecrow, Tinman, and Cowardly Lion. Hell, lets say The Yellow Brick Road is the name of the drug pipeline that ran from Elena to Mama Fratelli.

Last edited by riv6672 on Nov 11th, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:28 AM
riv6672

Lets make a live action Champions.

The leader should be a big strong guy, but not someone you'd peg as a team leader (like Herc, a team player, even comedy relief, but no one expected him to have his own team book).

The woman should be a femme fatale. Someone in the spy game or related field that can kick ass.

A buddy team, or two characters from the same source material. Lotsa leeway on powers and such. Whatever you think fits. I have no idea yet what i'm going with.

A spooky character that makes you go 'huh?' For being on a team.

The big, strong guy:
MONGO-Blazing Saddles
Superhumanly strong, Mongo is also just smart enough to have once known he was just a pawn in the game of life.If there's one thing that would get this gentle giant wound up, i figure its hurting kids. Mongo runs across a dying kid in the desert who tells him he and several others have been kidnapped for torture & sacrifice by an evil cult.
He sets out to avenge the kid & save the others. He soon realizes he'll need some help.

The femme fatale:
RITA ESCOBAR-Wild Wild West
Good enough to have fooled Jim West & Artemus Gordon, and played them against Dr. Loveless to get her husband back, Rita embraces the spy game after his death (he was way older than her). She's worked her way across Europe and back to America. Amused by Mongo, she learns about his mission and gets deadly serious. She decides to do all she can to help him.

The two guys from the same source material:
ROY O'BANNON and CHON WANG-Shanghai Noon
Rita recruits these two for their manhunting talent. Having played both sides of the law, they know all the tricks on finding those who dont want to be found. It doesnt take Rita much to convince them, as they're basically good men. Mongo's mission is something they can get behind.

Spooky character that doesn't seem right on a team:
CARETAKER-Ghost Rider
The Cult Mongo and his posse are tracking have been on the Rider's radar for quite a while. He doesnt want or need these people in his way, but when Mongo stands up to him after they cross paths, and actually puts the Rider on his ass with his unreal strength, he relents. At least he'll be able to keep an eye on them this way.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:02 PM
riv6672

ules:
Build a squad to go in a magical quest through various realms from movies and TV and such.

No Marvel or DC characters.

5-7 characters max.

At least one female.

You need the following archetypes:

1.) Champion
2.) Hunter
3.) Leader
4.) Navigator
5.) Transporter
6.) Sage
7.) Wildcard
8.) Brute

Last edited by riv6672 on Dec 30th, 2017 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:35 AM
riv6672

Champion-Will Stronghold (SKY HIGH)
Young and idealistic, this would be his first truly epic adventure, away from friends & family.

Hunter-The Accountant (DRIVE ANGRY)
A different kind of hunter, he can track down most anything or anyone. Not a good guy, but not such a bad guy, either. He can be trusted once he's on board.

Leader-Asian Hawk (ARMOUR OF GOD)
The best team leaders are usually street levelers, and this martial arts master, spy, former cantoop band member, and treasure hunter, is used to the bizarre, which this quest is.

Navigator-Cassandra Cillian (THE LIBRARIANS)
Not afraid of magic, she's a mathematical genius, and will be able to calculate where and even when, the team need to go.

Transporter-David Rice (JUMPER)
One of the most wanted men on the planet, he's used to staying one step ahead of, well, everyone. He can get the team anywhere they need to be, on any world they're on.

Sage-Balthazar Blake (THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE)

The most traditional member of the team, an old school thou shall not pass type magic user. He's also kinda nuts, just to keep things interesting.

Wildcard-Mona Wilder (DIRK GENTLY'S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY)
She can be anything she wants to be, though she's not sure who she really is. Kept focused she's potentially the team's biggest gun.

Brute-Adam (I, FRANKENSTEIN)
Though he considers himself a brute, and looks the part, Adam steps up in all areas outside the purely physical. May be the most heroic member of the team outside Will Stronghold.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:39 AM
riv6672

Champion-Yulaw (The One)

Hunter-Snowman (BLADE 2)

Leader- Sunny (Into The Badlands)

Navigator-Mirror Mirror Sulu (Star Trek)

Transporter-Sao Feng (Pirates of The Caribbean At World's End)

Sage-Pai Mei (Kill Bill)

Wild Card-Maki (Crow's Blood)

Brute-Brass Body (The Man with The Iron Fists)

BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!
Or the morally ambiguous guy, in the case of Sunny, the leader of this quest team. I figure he's smart and ruthless enough to bribe, bully and coerce this group into working towards the same goal, meaning his goal.
Went with an actual sage (albiet a nasty one) instead of a mage, with Pai Mei.
Chose Yulaw over Brass Body as champion, since i think Yu edges BB out in cunning, and BB has the better brute cred.
Figure Sao Feng's ship will be tricked out magically in order to travel dimensions/space/time, for this scenario. Sulu's there to keep them on point, Snowman to track down whoever is needed and Maki to scare the piss out of everyone.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:40 AM
riv6672

Something like a mash up of Marvel's X-Statix/DC's Conglomerate.
Your team is more interested in getting headlines, sound bytes, being click bait, landing sponsership deals etc. The more dysfunctional the better.
actually saving the day comes farther down the list.

5-8 members, at least 1 female.
No Marvel/DC characters, but all media is open to use, mix and match or stick to one.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 01:34 PM
riv6672

Going with a cartoon theme here, initially.
My team is as follows:

THE LEADER-Zapp Brannigan (Futurama)
If by leader you mean putting anyone but himself in mortal danger to accomplish the mission.
Luckily the former 25 Star General's mostly just reaping the benefits here, being the face of the team, arranging interviews and fielding offers, while taking a percentage for his trouble.

THE BIG GUN-Major Man (The Powerpuff Girls)
He's got the powers, he'd just rather not take the risk.
After being disgraced in the City Townsville, he's looking to start over and rebrand himself as the team's resident superman. He is hoping to play himself in a movie.

THE BADASS-Da Samurai (Samurai Jack)
Not nearly as good as he says he is, he's still good enough to use his team affiliation to kickstart a nationwide chain of dojos, all with his name, right above the entrance.

THE GOLDEN BOY-Lance (Voltron: Legendary Defender)
On a team full of good looking young guys Lance didnt stand out. On this team he IS the good looking young guy.
With his innate ability to pilot any vehicle/use any device Zapp or Mandark might come up with, Lance has no problem saving the day, looking good while doing it, and celebrating with the ladies afterwards.

THE HOT CHICK-Adrena Lynn (Kim Possible)
This faux action girl makes sure she's front and center at every team appearance, and does just enough to keep the money rolling in from her TV show, clothing line, and various endorsement deals.

THE COMEDY RELIEF-Bloo (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)
As a conceptual entity, Bloo is basically unkillable, which comes in handy. He can alter his size and shape, has access to hammer space...but what Bloo really wants, is his own toy line, and possibly a breakfast cereal.
He was hoping for a cartoon (Bloo's Clues), but was advised against it by the team's lawyers.

THE ROCK STAR-Marceline (Adventure Time)
She has that 'Teen Titans Raven joins a team to get away from her evil demonic dad' thing going. With vampire and magic powers she's a huge asset to the team. All Marceline wants is to help people and make music.
On this team, the former is not easy, but she does her best to keep them honest.

THE BOY GENIUS-Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory)
While Dexter works in secret, Mandark decides to go hugely public.
He may never be the better scientist, but thanks to being on this team, he's going to be the most well known scientist.
Mandark spends his time filing patent after patent between frequent appearances and occasional missions.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 01:36 PM
riv6672

THE LEADER-Alan Tracy (Thunderbirds Are A Go)
Having been a Thunderbird all his life, young Alan was considering going off on his own. No sooner had he thought of it than he was approached by the Megalithic Corp. and offered the chance to lead his own sponsored team. Provided the best in high tech equipment, Alan also serves as pilot, and the face of the team.

THE BIG GUN-Captain Hammer (Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog)
The super strong, completely invulnerable Captain was easy for the Megalithic Corp. to recruit.
Being on the team allows him to put his face on all kinds of merchandise, and make him a truckload of money.

THE BADASS(es)-The Crazy 88 (Kill Bill)
After being nearly wiped out while working for a Japanese crime lord, the surviving Crazy 88s were hired by the Megalithic Corp., and set to build their numbers back up from Japan's best muscle for hire. Brought to the US on work Visas they function as the team's shock troops, securing the battle ground, getting civilians to safety, and then kicking any asses that need it.

THE GOLDEN BOY-Gen.(Dr.) Carl Jenkins (Starship Troopers)
This time displaced warrior from a possible future is young, handsome and patriotic. He's adept at using BFGs, and has powerful telepathic powers.
Was the first recruited by the Megalithic Corp. to seek out potential members and read their minds, and make them the best offers.
He uses the recognition he gains from the team to hold speaking engagements where he discusses his time, and how the social Darwinist idea of society as a struggle for survival based on military strength has been embraced.

THE HOT CHICK-Power Princess (Zoom)
A graduate of the Zoom Academy, Cindy Collins is a tireless crusader for many worthy causes. The Megalithic Corp. provides her name recognition, funds, and a way to reach a wider audience.
A former pint sized powerhouse, she's now stronger than Captain Hammer, though not nearly as invulnerable. They have a friendly rivalry, and she's the one woman the handsome lech treats with respect.

THE COMEDY RELIEF-Paul (Paul)
During his confinement by the government, Paul's likeness was hugely popularized, being on the team means the Megalithic Corp. is going to help him get a piece of all the money thats been made at his expense.
Self admittedly goofy, he can turn invisible, heal himself or others, and psychically download thoughts, actuallymaking him quite an asset.

THE ROCK STAR-Lucas Lee (Scott Pilgrim Vs The World)
Canada's biggest action star has abnormal strength, speed, durability and stamina as well as mad, almost supernatural skateboard skills.
Like any Canadian actor he wants to make it big in Hollywood, and the team offers him media exposure, and and credibility to rival even the late Alan Thicke.

THE GIRL GENIUS-Athena (Tomorrowland)
An animatronic mecha-organism with a human personality, Athena is physically superior to humans, skilled in various combat techniques, can interface with most forms of technology and is a repository for much of Tomorrowland's forward reaching scientific knowledge.
Her involvement with the team is part of a deal struck between her creators and the Megalithic Corp., the details of which she doesnt have access to. She enjoys being on earth though, and finds her teammates endlessly interesting so she doesnt mind her situation.

---------------------------------

If this were ongoing fanfic some of the plot lines would include finding out what the Megalithic Corp.'s endgame is, whether Carl Jenkins is trying to make his possible future an actual future by using them, and what deal was struck with Tomorrowland, and how it figures into the scenario.

Last edited by riv6672 on Jan 7th, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 11:21 AM
riv6672

Your team is more interested in getting headlines, sound bytes, being click bait, landing sponsership deals etc. The more dysfunctional the better.

No Marvel/DC characters, but all media is open to use, mix and match or stick to one.

Kept thinking about the cartoon themed one i did, found a few more characters that would fit.

THE VISITOR FROM ANOTHER PLANET-Zim (Invader Zim)
He brings off world tech and a host of odd abilities.
Totally NOT using the fame and acceptance to his presence provided by the team to pave the way for an invasion by his people.

THE MILLENNIAL-Kick Buttowski (Kick Buttowski)
Rushes headlong into every dangerous situation the team faces, and, his YouTube video hits are in the millions because of it!

THE URBAN LEGEND-Candlejack (Freakazoid!)
Ghost like powers of teleportation, intangibility, and showing up directly behind people make for an eerie team addition. His spookiness make Jack inexplicably popular with kids. They play with his toys and dress as him for Halloween. Jack goes from summer camp story heard by dozens to national celebrity.
On his off time, he's going to need more rope.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:45 PM
riv6672

I totally crushed it with this one.

THE LEADER-Flo (Progressive Insurance commercials)
Like her, dont like her, you know her. She can ride motorcycles, sky dive, sail, knows karate, bungee jumps...she has her own action figure.
Truly, she is leadership material.

THE BIG GUN-He is ADT (ADT Home Security commercials)
big and scary, he also never sleeps, and is impervious to heat and cold. He cant be reasoned with, or bargained with. He absolutely will not stop until you're safe.

THE BADASS-Mayhem (Allstate Insurance commercials)
Able to survive catastrophic injuries, he can alter probability to cause accidents both big and small. He really likes his job, too, enjoying the results.

THE GOLDEN BOY-'The Man' (Old Spice Body wash commercials)
Handsome. Well spoken. Calm & cool.
He can also warp his immediate reality to suit his needs, and access hammer space.

THE HOT CHICK-Athena (Game of War commercials)
Her looks turn heads, and her power to summon small armies of sword wielding armored warriors can get those heads cut off.

THE COMEDY RELIEF-Sasquatch (Jack Link's Jerky commercials)
For as strong and fearsome as he is, Sasquatch somehow always has folks messing with him. The team really loves him, though, he's a straight up nice cryptid.

THE ROCKSTAR-Justin Timberlake (Pepsi, Bai commercials)
Boy band. Solo artist. SNL 5 Timers Club. Actor. Hot wife. There's nothing JT cant do entertainment wise. Going by his Pepsi commercial he brings Wiley Coyote level damage soak and durability to the team.

THE GENIUS-Wolfgang (Volkswagon GTI commercials)
A mind like a steel trap, this one.
A trap he'd use to crush you. Also known to drop crates and employ the occasional catapult and wrecking ball.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:29 PM
riv6672

I think i have one more idea for this premise...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 01:35 PM
riv6672

EDIT

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 01:35 PM